NEW 8800GTS 512MB 65nm CONFIRMED...

phinix

Gawd
Looks like spec of new 8800GTS has been confirmed.

- G92 core chip with 128 SP
- 32 TMU (64 Texture Address Units & 64 Texture Filtering Units)
- Core clock 650 MHz, the SP clock 1625 MHz
- 256 bit memory interface, GDDR3 970 MHz (effective 1940 MHz)
- The new version of a black double-slot fan (non-fans of the original GTS)
- Price 299 to 349 dollars

http://www.geforce9.com/

hmm well if this is faster than the GT im assuming it'd be faster or about same as an ultra?

site also says

Remind, premiere of this card will be on 3rd of december.

It will be making debute on the 3th of December.

Can anyone confirm what the broken english above is saying? Will this card really be released on the 3rd of December? my EVGA stepup elgibility period ends on the 10th of december and i'm really hoping to step to this card.

Before the usual responses come flooding in stating "OMG nobody but nvidia knows release dates!!!!!1"...i'm just wondering if anybody has found anything else on the intraweb stating the same release date (reputable source or not).

Can anyone confirm what the broken english above is saying? Will this card really be released on the 3rd of December? my EVGA stepup elgibility period ends on the 10th of december and i'm really hoping to step to this card.

Before the usual responses come flooding in stating "OMG nobody but nvidia knows release dates!!!!!1"...i'm just wondering if anybody has found anything else on the intraweb stating the same release date (reputable source or not).

..broken english? do you mean me?

Based on that MSRP it'll retail for $349-429 now that e-tailers know if NVidia limits supply they can drive prices way above MSRP ala the 8800GT. :rolleyes:

The only way it'll top the GTX in high-res AA situations though, is if it comes in a 1024MB model. The GTX's 768MB is the only feature beyond its SPs that keeps it ahead of the GT. Since this GTS will have the SPs, it'll be down to texture memory to be the limiting factor for performance .

Hopefully the 1gb version will be out at the same time...

I'm gonna grab two of these for my new computer.

8800gts65_tabelka.jpg

Looks like just a GT with 16 more SPUs. Depending on price, should be an interesting stepup option.

F. My step up window expires on the 30 or 1st. This is what I was waiting out on too :*(
I hear eVGA is not lenient on the step up period either, which I can't blame them.

GT is like old GTX so this one will be I presume like Ultra...
Winner anyway...:))

you know nvidia really F'd up their whoel naming scheme lately confusing the hell out of even informed consumers like myself. I follow reviews, releases etc... and wtf!

The one being released on Dec 3 is the one with a 64bit bus... i dont care if its called 8800000000GTXOMGWTF its still a 64bit bus.

The one coming on the 3rd is the 8400 if i read correctly which I don't give a crap about. All I care about is the 9XXX series sometime next year. We might all have 8800GTSs, GTXs, or GTs but until the 9000 series comes out next year nvidia is just tweaking a little bit. I'm happy with my 8800GTS 320MB for now. For that much money on an upgrade I will wait until the next card is a whole new generation instead of paying out the ass for just a little more performance.

Jeff

if this cards is better than what i have i'll do a step up program Evga have. I just hope this card is available for step up so i can do it with my gts 640m.

So they going to stick with the 8800GTS name or actually call it the 8900 and not confuse so many people?!

I refuse to update to a new card unless they're released with a black PCB. Hear that nVidia?

look to be the same holes to fit my VF700 :) lol

if i step up it will be the 3rd card its been on haha

Won't this thing be framebuffer size limited just like the 8800GT? That card could barely beat the old GTS once you cranked up the AA and resolution at the same time.

I don't really see this card being much faster than the 8800GT, am I missing something here? I wouldn't mind doing a step-up, but this part seems REALLY close to exactly the same as the GT.

I refuse to update to a new card unless they're released with a black PCB. Hear that nVidia?

Yes please!

For a while I had to 8800 GTS 640's with both black PCB's and it looked awesome with my black motherboard, but then I RMA'd a card and got a green one in return. Bleh.

I don't really see this card being much faster than the 8800GT, am I missing something here? I wouldn't mind doing a step-up, but this part seems REALLY close to exactly the same as the GT.

Yes please!

For a while I had to 8800 GTS 640's with both black PCB's and it looked awesome with my black motherboard, but then I RMA'd a card and got a green one in return. Bleh.

I'm pretty sure it will beat the Ultra. We will see I guess.

should I return my Bestbuy BFG 8800GT? I just bought it and its still sealed. Seeing this new card is out on 12/3, Is it worth 2 weeks of wait? how much you guys think this card will cost?

should I return my Bestbuy BFG 8800GT? I just bought it and its still sealed. Seeing this new card is out on 12/3, Is it worth 2 weeks of wait? how much you guys think this card will cost?

more than the gouged 300 dollar price of the 8800gt. i love how bestbuy has a sale on an item and they dont have any to begin with

I just got mine too and down on the receipt you'll see we have til Jan 31st to return. Best Buy Step Up :D

The cooler's something I'm interested in, let's just hope it's $299 and not $399. :(

so since nVidia has screwed me up with the naming scheme this time around, should I be upgrading my GTX to this? is it the successor? or is there another lineup coming out later

There will always be something better. My previous single GTX was unable to play Crysis as I wanted. The 2 GT's combined w/ XP have made it playable w/ lots of detail. (Tho I still want more.) :D

Hmmm, Dec 3 is the last day I have to step up. If this thing is priced decent, I will definitely grab one. I like the 2 slot cooler design and the performance potential.

Yes please!

The New GTS will have 128 shader processors opposed to the 112 of the GT.

The main reason the GT is faster than the old GTS is the 112 shaders verse the 96shaders of the old GTS, the lower micron is not the main reason.

So the new GTS is likely to be a bit faster than the curent 128 shaders GTX, and beat the ULTA when both are OC to there max potential, hence we will be seeing a GTX replacement very soon.

The main reason the GT is faster than the old GTS is the 112 shaders verse the 96shaders of the old GTS, the lower micron is not the main reason.

So the new GTS is likely to be a bit faster than the curent 128 shaders GTX, and beat the ULTA when both are OC to there max potential, hence we will be seeing a GTX replacement very soon.

That's what I want, the GTX replacement. Too bad there's NO info out on that!!

i'm assuimg this is gunna be price gouged as well...

I'm better off with my current 8800GT... I think, haha.

wait why are we talking about new versions of 8800GTS cards? I thought this was for 65nm 8800GT's?

I think it also has something to do with the shader clock as well as even when EVGA and BFG released a second gts with 112 SP it didn't beat out the gt because they didn't push the shader clock, with that said the new new GTS has it's shaders clocked at 1625 MHz stock (ignoring pre overclocked versions) compared to the gt's 1500 MHz stock ( again ignoring pre overclocked versions), so assuming this information is accurate, should be very good

So there is a 112 SP version as opposed to the 96 SP version earlier and a 128 version coming out on the 3rd of Dec?

So nvidia made the 112 SP versions lifespan ......what 60 days tops?

Back