Current list of best GPU coolers (air)

Bo_Fox

[H]ard|Gawd
DELETED.

Due to being banned for a period of time WITHOUT WARNING, for a reason not listed in the forums rules or guidelines (and poor attitude from the moderators including Kyle), I have removed this contribution to HardOCP and moved it elsewhere.

You can now find the list at XtremeSystems forums, under the same user name Bo_Fox.

Update:

Added ZEROtherm Hurricane HC92 CU8800 to the #3 spot, above Zalman's VF1000.

DELETED.

Due to being banned for a period of time WITHOUT WARNING, for a reason not listed in the forums rules or guidelines (and poor attitude from the moderators including Kyle), I have removed this contribution to HardOCP and moved it elsewhere.

You can now find the list at XtremeSystems forums, under the same user name Bo_Fox.

DELETED.

DELETED.

Update: differentiated between 6-heatpipe and 4-heatpipe versions of TR's HR03.

Hey readers, if any of you appreciate the list above, please give some input.. or at least a bump. Thanks

Hey readers, if any of you appreciate the list above, please give some input.. or at least a bump. Thanks

i was looking for a thread like this all day long. Thanks for posting. I'm wondering if The VF1000 is the only cooler that will be capable with Sli.

ONce again, thanks!

I'm glad to see this list. I have been trying to figure out if the accelero s1 was comparable to the hr-03. I think i will invest in one as my vf900 is not keeping my x1950xt as cool as i'd like.

DELETED.

DELETED.

DELETED.

DELETED.

DELETED.

DELETED.

VF900's simply could not perform as well as X1900XTX's stock cooler while keeping those cards stable at stock speeds.

I don't know about the X1900XTX, but for reference.

The VF900 does a great job of cooling the 8800GT. Idles about 42c and most games sit about 55-57. ATI Tool get to about 60, room temps 21C ish. I have seen the GT stock cooler hit 90C, not suggesting its the best cooler but still very good for a 8800GT.

This Cooler was taking off a 7950GT and it murdered that card with idle temps of around 35C and load 50C, the stock cooler was hitting 80+.

What are your temps and is it fanless?>

My temps are 36C idle and 50C load right now with winter, most people are crazy and decide to live in colder temperatures and have 40-50C load from what I have seen. My 50C load is Crysis vHigh tweaks + FUR render)

I got a 80mm blowing on each side, I probably should point it at the core now that I think about it... Might be why my temps are not as good.

DELETED.

HardOCP's new round-up article on heatsink coolers for the 8800GT just confirmed the positions of top coolers listed in this thread! (By confirmed, I mean the coolers tested in [H]'s review were in accord with my list.) Kudos to me! Yay, and great review by HardOCP, by the way!

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQyMywxMSwsaGVudGh1c2lhc3Q=

However, I would have liked to see them include the hugely popular $20 Accelero S1.. dunno why they didn't include that one???

DELETED.

Although Arctic Cooling's Accelero S1 was not tested, HardOCP has cool award categories with ZEROtherm HC92 winning both "Best Bang-for-Your-Buck" (at high fan speed setting) and Best-Looking awards. This is the first time I have seen a hardware review site granting award in these categories! Nifty, eh? :cool:

Just wanted to point out that the Accelero S1 works just fine with Crossfire cards...you can easily slip a single regular length Crossfire cable between the fins on the outside edge. One cable is all that's needed for 38xx cards running 1920x1200 and lower.

If you need to run two cables, the second one CAN be made to work, just requires a bit of fin bending between the first and second heatpipes, to make room for the cable end, then you bend the fins back into shape.

Two HD 3870's with S1's mounted on them.

s1crossfire3.jpg

CM882_03.jpg

DELETED.

HardOCP's new round-up article on heatsink coolers for the 8800GT just confirmed the positions of top coolers listed in this thread! (By confirmed, I mean the coolers tested in [H]'s review were in accord with my list.) Kudos to me! Yay, and great review by HardOCP, by the way!

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQyMywxMSwsaGVudGh1c2lhc3Q=

However, I would have liked to see them include the hugely popular $20 Accelero S1.. dunno why they didn't include that one???

I'm baffled how [H] could possibly miss the Accelero S1, it seems to be THE most talked about cooler for the GT.
Its also sad as I was looking forward to their appraisal.
Hmph.

[H], If you are reading this, please edit the report and put the S1 in !!!

DELETED.

DELETED.

DELETED.

i cried all night long over the pointless vigilante justice! its just not right! making me click more!!! AAAAA NOOOO!!!

LOL.. silly thing! That "you sir are a tool" was probably the most pathetic thing I've heard all year.. no kidding! It made me think of you as a little boy dressed up properly with a scarf around his neck and a scottish beret on his head, looking up to me saying with hints of fear and hesitation, "You sir are a tool." ROFL...

Speaking of clicking.. yeah, it'd be nice if this forum would allow us to view more than 20 thread topics per page (not posts per page, which already has an option for up to 40). Day-old threads quickly become obsolete since many of us are too lazy to click on another page of threads. Kyle said that he's taking it into consideration... and I'd better move on.

I'm baffled how [H] could possibly miss the Accelero S1, it seems to be THE most talked about cooler for the GT.
Its also sad as I was looking forward to their appraisal.
Hmph.

[H], If you are reading this, please edit the report and put the S1 in !!!

I don't think they missed it. I'm pretty sure I remember [H] saying that they asked for an S1, but weren't send one in time for the article. Sounds like the manufacturer missed out on a great marketing opporunity. I guess they could edit in if they really wanted to though.

I don't think they missed it. I'm pretty sure I remember [H] saying that they asked for an S1, but weren't send one in time for the article. Sounds like the manufacturer missed out on a great marketing opporunity. I guess they could edit in if they really wanted to though.

This was covered a few posts after that one.
They are going to add the S1 to the review soon.

This was covered a few posts after that one.
They are going to add the S1 to the review soon.

Then why make a post in here asking them to add the S1 when you already know they are planning on doing so? :confused:

Then why make a post in here asking them to add the S1 when you already know they are planning on doing so? :confused:

Because at that point I didnt know and I was told in the replies after that post.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings.. but if you want the list, you know where to look.

If your going to maintain your attitude towards [H] why stick around? You sure seem to have alot of complaints about the site yet your still here.

Back