Frys.com - 4GB (2x2GB) OCZ DDR2 800 2.2v 5-4-4-15 RAM - $55 AR free s/h (1 day only)

alexlyc

Gawd
1-23-08 UPDATE: deal is back again, valid thro 1/23/08 to 1/29/08, rebate link updated

link
$30 rebate (valid only thro frys.com from 1/23/08 to 1/29/08, must be postmark within 10 days from purchase)
review
full spec:
* OCZ2N800SR4GK
* 800MHz DDR2
* CL 5-4-4-15
* (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)
* Available in 4GB (2x2048) Dual Channel Kits
* Unbuffered
* Nvidia XTC* Heatspreader
* OCZ Lifetime Warranty
* 2.1 Volts
* 240 Pin DIMM
* 2.2V EVP**
* EPP-Ready

* XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) heatspreaders optimize the thermal management of memory modules by promoting greater airflow by means of micro-convection throughout what is usually the dead air space inside conventional heatspreader designs. In this manner, build-up of heat is avoided and thermal dissipation of the memory components is offloaded more efficiently through the honeycomb design. At the same time, mechanical stability is maintained.

**OCZ EVP (Extended Voltage Protection) is a feature that allows performance enthusiasts to use a VDIMM of 2.2V without invalidating their OCZ Lifetime Warranty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8gb running strong on my hackintosh-pc :D. If you guys have rebate problem, pm andyOCZ in this forum, he's an OCZ official rep in hardforum.

According to the review, it runs fine even at 1000mhz. The chips are definitely not micron from what I see through the heatsink, but they can easily run at 900mhz with only 2.1v in my experience. Tho I am running 8gb of this at 721MHz (5-4-4-15) because I stick to 1:1, so my mobo fsb limited me.

My lavalys everest cache & memory benchmark:
@ 0% overclock

@ 721MHz

@ 901MHz

thanks to the op and alexyc for the oc'ing info. I got a set for the $60 ip35 -e posted yesterday. :D

Thanks for the OC info! I missed it when I was reading the review. I just want the RAM to be able to hit 450 (to replace the 2 gig of firestix I'm running when I pick up Vista :p) or maybe a little higher when I get riskier with my OC ;) I'm gonna pick up a set

I'm in for one as well :)

Ebayed my old 4x1GBs, they worked fine though, will probably just about break even on these :p

Just a heads up to anyone ordering these...

"Rebates postmarked after ten (10) days (including weekends) of purchase will be denied"

Just a heads up to anyone ordering these...

"Rebates postmarked after ten (10) days (including weekends) of purchase will be denied"

I ordered this morning and still did not recieved email from outpost. I might cancel it.

I just got my email, literally minutes ago.

No update to status, but I got 2 day shipping so I didn't have a minimum of a 1 day turnaround for the rebate.

I got mine a little while ago. It says it was sent out at 12:45 PM, but I didn't get it till 6 or so? :confused:

I got mine a little bit ago. How long does it usually take to ship? The only thing I am worried about is the whole rebate process.

Wow. Great deal. I'm debating whether to pick a set up. I wound up picking up a set of the Ballistix Tracer 2x1 a few weeks ago when it was on sale at Buy.com (w/Google checkout) for $39 with free shipping, but I plan on using Vista 64 and I don't know if I want to buy another set of Tracer's and go with 4x1 or get these OCZ 2x2 with my MB (abit IP35 Pro) and keep the Tracer's as a spare. RAM is so damn cheap that almost a no brainer.

Keep in mind that this is one of those crafty rebate's by OCZ that says you have to have it post marked no more than 10 days after purchase, including weekends. I want to kick them in the nuts for pulling shadey shit like that.

as long as you follow the instructions and make copies of the submitted materials, ocz won't deny you. Read the complaint over the memory section in this forum, andyOCZ take care everyone who has issues.

I got mine a little bit ago. How long does it usually take to ship? The only thing I am worried about is the whole rebate process.

About an hour ago I got a DHL tracking number, so I think they're going to be quick about it :p

Only warning, if they ship it across the whole country, and you get ground shipping, the 10 day time limit could cut it really close.

Mine shipped and it will be at my house tommorrow. I will post the result, and from review it can be overclock to 1066 which is good.

I wont have mine for a week leaving me 2 days to make sure I test them and send off my rebate.

Thanks DaJMasta, I got my tracking number early this morning. According to the tracking number I should have mine on Tuesday leaving me a few days to spare. Let me know how far you are able to overclock it annaconda.

My result straight to 1022MHZ 5-5-5-15

Untitled.jpg

I'm going to build a e8500 or e8400 computer, would this make good memory to OC either of these 2 chips?

ALso why is the voltage so high 2.1 volts? IS that good or bad?

Is dual channel still the optimal way to go with motherboards today?

Deal is back, free shipping, rebate valid thro frys.com from 1-18 to 1-22, must be postmark within 12 days.

So how suitable is this for the new 1333 FSB processors? Seems like those would want ram that runs at 333mhz...or am I confusing things.

Seems like pc2-8000 = ddr2 1000 = 250mhz.

Would it be worth it to buy another set even if you cannot get the rebate on the 2nd set? This deal seems better than a lot of other places. For example this ram on other sites is still 100+ even after rebate. BTW nice overclocks guys.

First boot with the new RAM, 5-5-5-18 2T, 1002MHz, 2.05 volts.

:)

I can't wait to actually try OCing.

I bit. The ability to hit 500 fsb with 4gb was too much for my meager defenses, I am weak :D

It has free shipping when I edit it. Frys.com usually add shipping cost whenever they almost run out of stock then backorder eventually, keep checking back.

Jumped on this for an 8 gig upgrade. After spending the last month scanning for a good price, I think this is the best I've seen. Very happy that the deal came back.

is that offer also for europe available (Mail in Rebate)??

are these sticks better than the Corsair Dominator 8500?

thanks

Back