Post your ebay/geeks.com dual monitor arms

antok86

[H]F Junkie
there seems to be quite a few that have these here. so it thought we could share them
and that i love this thing its built like a tank :D
DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

the monitors are 2-LG L204WT which are 20 inches

got my arms off of ebay user/store CPUTOPIA

EDIT: recent shot
missing my wireless mac keyboard
desk.jpg

Last edited:
Looks pretty sweet. What size monitors are those? I have a 24" and a 19" I'd like to use.

looks awesome.

I may pick one up ..

..but I have a glass desk.. will this still work on like 1/4" glass? lols

question about this thing:

Whats the thickest the desk can be that it can hook on to?

Thanks

is it possible to angle the two monitors inwards? So they form a shallow V?

No pics, but I'm using the same arm at home with a pair of 24" Soyos. They're about at the weight limit, but after tightening the tilt joint I haven't had any problems.

I picked up the one from geeks.com, can't wait to get both of my 22' on there. I'll post picks as soon as it arrives.

desk002.jpg

desk001.jpg

is it possible to angle the two monitors inwards? So they form a shallow V?
Yes, you can manipulate your monitors basically anyway you want with it. My only gripe is that the two arms are not independent of each other meaning that if you have mismatched monitors like I do they can be a little offset depending on the monitor (but it's not too bad definitely worth it still)

For $35 it is an INCREDIBLE value...

workstation2008_1.jpg

workstation2008_7.jpg

dualmon4.jpg

dualmon5.jpg

My only gripe is that the two arms are not independent of each other meaning that if you have mismatched monitors like I do they can be a little offset depending on the monitor (but it's not too bad definitely worth it still)

As you can see in my last pic, I made little brackets to adjust the height of my Viewsonic LCD, the VESA mount on it was placed funny so it sat far to low, my brackets (made out of PCI slot covers) raise it up just over an inch. :) Now they are much better matched.

I've got the single LCD version of that Steelcase arm ($39 on eBay). I love it. Right now, my 24" Dell 2407 is mounted, but I'll soon replace it with a 30" LCD. The arm can hold up to 35 pounds! :D

Can anyone post clear shot of the clamp? The desk I'm using has a small wall extension and I'm not sure if the clamp will be able to go over it.

For the people wanting to know more about the bracket, it is simply two L-shaped pieces that screw together. Very sturdy however.

picture050ro2.jpg

picture049kq7.jpg

picture053vx3.jpg

picture057ee6.jpg

:mandatory [H] ftw pic
picture060df2.jpg

I tried positioning them strait but with two 22' widescreen it was a strain. I like this way much better, I have the right one usually playing a movie/tv and my left browsing the web.

I see they are out of stock at geeks.com. Is this a regular item for them?

so the ~30 dollar one really supports the weight of dual 22" monitors well? I'm kinda sceptical, it seems almost to good to be true.

Two of the Soyo 24" on mine as well, and dyesan's pic above is another pair of Soyos. It'll handle the weight, although I did tighten the joints on mine to make sure.

Exactly how wide is the gap for the bracket? I have a desk with a hutch and the rear is kind of L shaped - that is to say, it has a vertical lip at the rear that's about the height of the center speaker from the Logitech Z5300 series.

I see the bracket has two sets of holes so maybe if I use the second one it is just wide enough.

EDIT: Never mind, the pole wouldn't fit under the hutch anyway.

has anyone seen a wall mounted one? My desk would have to be hacked into since i have it mounted to my wall. Also are the heights adjustable for the arms?

Im thinking about getting one of these for my desk however its a glass desk so thats the first problem...

Im thinking i might add some extra cussion on the top and since the clamp is deaper than 1 inch id have to rig up some stuff to cover the bar thats on my desk so id just end up making a cover for the bottom of the glass that fits around the bar for support...

ANywyas ill let you know how it goes if i decide to buy a second monitor...

a) Just curious, if you clamp this to the desk, doesn't the desk tilt over a bit from the weight of this monitor arm + 2 flat panels?

b) Looks like they upped the price to $39.95 + $17 shipping. Still not a bad deal for a product like this!

Back