Post your ebay/geeks.com dual monitor arms

a) Just curious, if you clamp this to the desk, doesn't the desk tilt over a bit from the weight of this monitor arm + 2 flat panels?

b) Looks like they upped the price to $39.95 + $17 shipping. Still not a bad deal for a product like this!

no tilting

*ordered from ebay*

I will post pics of dual 19" widescreens as soon as I get it :)

Wow, these things look awesome! I don't have 2 monitors(yet maybe? xD), so should I just buy the 2 arm one to anticipate the unlikely monitor, or is there a good 1 arm one? I could just mount the small 15 in tv screen, but would rather not atm.
Jeez, tempting with all these stuff xD

How do I know before hand if the monitor or soon to have monitor will work with these arms?

if your talking about mounting...i thikn these arms are use VESA setup mounts

all i see on geeks is the 4 monitor version, am i just missing it somewhere?

looks like they dont have the dual on geeks.com i got mines off of ebay

It seems eBay may be the better deal in the end, so VESA is the standard, do companies list on their website if a monitor is VESA standard or not, is there a way to find out?

all i see on geeks is the 4 monitor version, am i just missing it somewhere?

The dual is out of stock. I keep hoping it will come in stock so I can buy two and save on shipping vs. buying two on ebay.

IN for one off the ebay. hope it is as nice as you guys say. Dell 24" and acer 22"

It seems eBay may be the better deal in the end, so VESA is the standard, do companies list on their website if a monitor is VESA standard or not, is there a way to find out?
Most monitors list VESA compliance in their specs.

Well I broke down and snagged one of the dual mounts on eBay. It will go nice with my newly cleaned desk and new ginormous Rocketfish/Lian Li aluminum tower. I'll be using it with a Westy 22" and an Acer 22".

Well I got mine in today. They're awesome and I'll have pics in just a little while, but now I need to buy another Acer P221W because I don't like how my Westy 22W2's screen sits about a half inch higher. Guess it means a trip to Circuit City tonight.

EDIT: Here are a couple pics.

P1010256.jpg

P1010257.jpg

Mine came in today as well, going to install at work tomorrow. Dual 20" Dell E207WFP wide screens.

Hey guys please post some pics of the stand from the top and back as well. I'm thinking of ordering a couple off ebay. I'd like to see it as many times as I can before buying. Thanks.

I'll get some pics of the stands/arms later on tonight. If you're worried about the quality, don't be, they are top notch. A couple quick adjustments after getting it mounted and you're good to go.
I'm so impressed with mine that I am going to be buying another set.

the one this thread is about. just wait if you want some people are going to post more of their arms.

Ok, here's an odd one,

I've currently got a 37" Sharp Aquos and a 22" Samsung LCD.

I'm thinking of picking up a 2nd 22" Samsung.

I'd like to mount the two Samsung's vertically on either side of the Sharp. Turns out that they are the right "height" to do this, though the vertical resolution is . . . .slightly different ;)

I don't think the mounting arm everyone's ranting about here would work, but I'm hoping to find one. The sharp is just sitting on it's stand, so I'm basically looking for mounting brackets that allow me to hold the two Samsung's at the right height on either side of the monitor.

(Note, the desk is a touch to narrow for me to just use the Samsung Stands, and by a 'touch' I mean about a foot and a 1/2)

These arms are GREAT! Bought them from geeks some time ago for my 19" widescreens.

Modded the top with a full goose neck halogen lamp, used some aluminum L-channel for for my front speakers that got screwed into the VESA mounts. Now I'm in the process of making a couple of rear speaker arms out 1/4" thick, 4' long aluminum rods that will also get mounted to the monitor stand arms.

I have a glass top so I had to make a bracket to bolt to the back of the desk to use this.

Once I get a camera I will post some pics.

Enjoy this great product, I did!

EDIT: The best part I love about these are the fact you can swing anyone monitor out to the side when you don't need it.
Only con I can find is about the cable clap, a bit weak and won't hold all my cables.

Lol since 28 works how about 30? ;)

Any idea whether a 30in and a 20in will be mountable with this arm?

Can you easily swivel a monitor 90deg, or does the mount not move at all?

the mount moves but you have to loosen the joints to move them around then tighten them back once you got them in the position you want

Does anybody know if this is common with most of the generic wall mounts. My friend wants to be able to rotate his monitor from the default 180deg to 90deg for vertical viewing, for when he's recording stuff, and then back to the horizontal viewing for gaming.

Thanks for the response antok86.

Ok, here's an odd one,

I've currently got a 37" Sharp Aquos and a 22" Samsung LCD.

I'm thinking of picking up a 2nd 22" Samsung.

I'd like to mount the two Samsung's vertically on either side of the Sharp. Turns out that they are the right "height" to do this, though the vertical resolution is . . . .slightly different ;)

I don't think the mounting arm everyone's ranting about here would work, but I'm hoping to find one. The sharp is just sitting on it's stand, so I'm basically looking for mounting brackets that allow me to hold the two Samsung's at the right height on either side of the monitor.

(Note, the desk is a touch to narrow for me to just use the Samsung Stands, and by a 'touch' I mean about a foot and a 1/2)

The mount that this thread is about will let you rotate it, I think you can actually rotate 360 degrees (I've never tried) but you can definitely go 90degrees in either direction so this can do what you want.

Can someone link me to the single monitor version? There are a lot on eBay but most of them are probably crap.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
my bad.. you only really save $20 with the Visidec and the Ergotron a bit more.. (factor in shipping on ebay, it's ridiculous)

I'd love to order one of these off of ebay for my two 19" widescreen LCD's, but shipping to Canada is $45! more than the unit itself costs...
hmmm what to do..

wow sweet thread. i've been looking at getting a dual lcd mount for quite a while, but i never did because they were so expensive. the 35 dollar one at geeks.com is a steal!!!! ordering tonight.

whoa that was shipped pretty quick, i ordered it on the 4th(sunday) and they shipped it within 5 hours!! it's scheduled to come this wednesday (the 7th), i payed for ground shipping.

Back