Well it is finally done! Whatta ya think?

Airmanv

Limp Gawd
Well guys here it is in all its glory

Intel Quad [email protected] (just got it starting here so far so good)
4 Gigs Corsair XMS DDR2 1066
eVGA 780i
CoolerMaster Power Pro 1250 Watt PSU
2 x 1TB Sata HDD's
2x 320 G Sata HDD's
Thermaltake Armor Case
3x eVGA 8800GTX's

Spent alot of time building PC's and selling em, to make the money for this beast...Plan to go 3X 9800 ASAP....

showpicture.asp

Those temps aren't bad at all. Nice job. :cool:

If I save up enough $$$, I might build one similar to this.

I like the fan in front of the cards to help with air flow. Just make sure to dust regularly!

Those temps aren't bad at all. Nice job. :cool:

If I save up enough $$$, I might build one similar to this.

I like the fan in front of the cards to help with air flow. Just make sure to dust regularly!

Yeah, noticed that myself (about the fans)...

How did you install that fan? I see it sitting on something white, is that double stick tape or some sort of "made for fan" holder? Did the case come with it or did you rig it yourself?

Nice chunk of money ya got sitting there though....2 thumbs up

it just a simple piece of 3m double sided tape also hae 2 120MM fans sitting in the front of the case one on top and one on bottom both with 3m

Id get a TRUE if you want to push the CPU more on air. The Zalman gets pushed to its limits by a quad fairly fast.

sorry Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme. Rather long to type so most people just call it TRUE.

Looks good. Not sure I would have wasted nearly a grand on video cards that you'll be replacing in a month, but hey its your money. The QX9650 was probably not the best choice either, as the mainstream quads are coming out in a couple weeks and will overclock to the same speed at a 3rd of the price.

Then again if you just wait forever for new stuff, you'll never buy anything! :p I get stuck in that all the time.

Looks good. Not sure I would have wasted nearly a grand on video cards that you'll be replacing in a month, but hey its your money. The QX9650 was probably not the best choice either, as the mainstream quads are coming out in a couple weeks and will overclock to the same speed at a 3rd of the price.

eVGA step-up program ftw!

Yea NKD, but all I do is sell the 8800GTX and pay the diff for the 9800's not to bad, plus you can be paralyzed by always waiting. Also got the Quad Core for 750!

Yea NKD, but all I do is sell the 8800GTX and pay the diff for the 9800's not to bad, plus you can be paralyzed by always waiting. Also got the Quad Core for 750!

Thats not a bad deal on the CPU! And I forgot about eVGA stepup. If only I could stepup my EVGA card ;) But I think the window closed 2 years ago.

Sweet system dude! Wish I could convince my wallet to afford that puppy.

Airmanv where did you get the Quad Core for $750? That's awesome! I'm eyeing the same CPU for my system...I like that SupCom goodness...and don't want to drop $1.1Gs on the damn thing!

Wowza, i don't know what I'd do with myself if I had a rig like that. I'm usually upgrading and stuff, so not having to upgrade all the time would be really weird.

Congrats - and really, nothing looks better than 3 dual-slot cards all lined up :cool:

With all the deals going around on the old G80s, and imminent step-up on EVGAs, you really can't go wrong.

complete the look with a TRUE. :p

not saying a zalman is bad. just TRUE looks way more badass plus its better for temps, and your obviously not short on cash.. get some Noctua fans!

eVGA 780i
2 x 1TB Sata HDD's
2x 320 G Sata HDD's
Thermaltake Armor Case
3x eVGA 8800GTX's

Spent alot of time building PC's and selling em, to make the money for this beast...Plan to go 3X 9800 ASAP....

showpicture.asp

Thats mezmerizingly epic...

Pretty nice but the wiring job could be a bit better, and I absolutely hate that case. (It's the flaps on the front that serve no purpose.) Otherwise very nice.

Having done the 3-Way SLI thing before with three of those exact cards I can safely say NO.

I like your new sig Dan. Did you see the Star Trek Voyager episode where Janeway goes back in time with advanced Starfleet technology to win a 3D Mark 2006 contest?

I like your new sig Dan. Did you see the Star Trek Voyager episode where Janeway goes back in time with advanced Starfleet technology to win a 3D Mark 2006 contest?
I agree about 3DMark being useful at telling how well a card will handle 3DMark, but not games. I disagree about time travel though. The Time Cop series of books was great IMO. :p

Captain's Log, Stardate 1337:

We crashed 3DMark4000 because our graphics card is a hologram and it can't work properly with HW T&L

:p

Awsome. AWSOME!!!!

lol I am now looking into my case my evga 8800GTX sitting next to 1 XFX 7600GT. Looks so lonely ;)

Can't wait for you to post some benchies.

Yea, I was going to say "get a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme" too. If you buy extreme, you need extreme cooling. You should be able to pump it up to 4GHz with that cooler. 4.2 might be a stretch with air, but totally do-able with water. I'm not a fan of water myself.

eVGA 780i
2 x 1TB Sata HDD's
2x 320 G Sata HDD's
Thermaltake Armor Case
3x eVGA 8800GTX's

showpicture.asp

Wow you must not care about the enviroment much and waste of power ? :rolleyes: A 1250PSU and three 8800GTX's has got be a huge power drain, WTF do you need all that power for ? I just have one 8800GTX and play all my games 2560x1600rez on my 30" Display no problem, and just have a 750watt PSU

Back