Well it is finally done! Whatta ya think?

Yes they are my kids;)

Heh if you can afford 4 kids AND this rig, double props to you :D I'm a broke ass college student and struggle to build a high end rig every couple years. Eh, it'll pay off eventually and I'll have plenty of toys.

Heh if you can afford 4 kids AND this rig, double props to you :D I'm a broke ass college student and struggle to build a high end rig every couple years. Eh, it'll pay off eventually and I'll have plenty of toys.

Plus all my kids & wife have sweet gamings rigs! Core 2 Duo's, 2 gig Ram, 9600GT's etc

However, the good thing about his point is that if we assume that those are his biological kids and not his adopted kids, then his statement is in line with the [H]ard philosophy.

He is getting 4 times the performance with his penis compared to someone with only 1 kid. This is based on real gameplay. Which of course is the only relevent way of measuring one's penis.

I mean, who cares how many inches your penis is. Unless the only reason you have your penis is to benchmark it with a ruler.

Sure there are those that do all sorts of crazy things to their penis just to get an extra inch or so. But that is usually not sustainable in real game play.

So if you wanna talk about how many inches you got, then you can go to anantech or another forum. Here at [H]ard we wanna know how it actually performs in real game play.

So Airmanv, I say nice build. :p

P.S. I got 3 kids myself.

Post of the year so far.

Gotta use onboard sound though huh =D. Unless you have an external solution?

-DarkLegacy

Yea sound doesnt really mean alot to me, my ears cant tell the difference, still using some Klipsch's I bought 5 years ago

Crysis GPUBench 1920x1200 Very High Spec 4xAA was right around 38FPS AVG still tweaking, was 22AVG before I installed latest Nvidia Beta's..any way to see load balancing still?

Nice rig, almost exactly the same as mine. ( I just have a Q6600 at 3.2GHz) Don't listen to douche bags who talk shit because they can't afford what you have. Good job:)

Nice rig, almost exactly the same as mine. ( I just have a Q6600 at 3.2GHz) Don't listen to douche bags who talk shit because they can't afford what you have. Good job:)

Why say that ? If someone gave me a million dollars cash right now, I would build a kick ass system, but still NOT even think about Tri-SLI setup, it just seems a total freaking waste of cash to the point of it being a sin, now sure if the benchmarks should a 300% improvement because I would have 3 VideoCards then ok no problem, but it is not even close to 300% faster with Tri-SLI, why not just write a check directly to nVidia themselves to help them out :rolleyes:

I think the most bad ass setup would be 2-3870X2's in Crossfire on a X48 chipset, with 8gb DDR3 memory, and a Qx9770 cpu, and that would be more than enough to run any game on a 30" Display 2560x1600rez 8xAA/16xAF all options maxed, except maybe Crysissy because that game had crap code.

When games start needing 3 fucking high end VideoCards to be able to play at high rez we are in trouble, thats not overkill or really eXtreme [H]ardcore thats just stupid.

Why say that ? If someone gave me a million dollars cash right now, I would build a kick ass system, but still NOT even think about Tri-SLI setup, it just seems a total freaking waste of cash to the point of it being a sin, now sure if the benchmarks should a 300% improvement because I would have 3 VideoCards then ok no problem, but it is not even close to 300% faster with Tri-SLI, why not just write a check directly to nVidia themselves to help them out :rolleyes:

I think the most bad ass setup would be 2-3870X2's in Crossfire on a X48 chipset, with 8gb DDR3 memory, and a Qx9770 cpu, and that would be more than enough to run any game on a 30" Display 2560x1600rez 8xAA/16xAF all options maxed, except maybe Crysissy because that game had crap code.

When games start needing 3 fucking high end VideoCards to be able to play at high rez we are in trouble, thats not overkill or really eXtreme [H]ardcore thats just stupid.

Just give it up already. It's been said multiple times now that people like the OP don't build Tri-SLI machines for 3x the performance of 1 card. It's his money and he can do what he wants with it, regardless of if you feel it's a waste or not.

Guess what, your Crossfire 3870X2s wouldn't be 4x as powerful as one 3870. OMG WAT A WASTE OF MONIES BECAUSE I SED SO!!!1!!!!11!

nice job, but i would change a little:

Tj07 with 120.3 in bottom and 120.2 in front

QX9770 FTW

8GB ddr2 1066

only not so good thing is the cables, but if you spend more time on them, they'll be fine. i guess you're more interested in seeing how far you can OC that bitch.

and yeh...

i say, we stop talking about penises and continue with computers, i just read the whole thread, and its all penis, computer penis, computer, penis, computer, so i say anyone that wants to talk about penises, go somewhere else please.

yeh, peace out ya'll

Wow you are a hypocrite. You say tri-SLI is a waste because it doesn't scale, but then you turn around and say FOUR GPUs would be a better setup? Yeesh, practice what you preach

Oh, and by the way, two 3870X2s isn't anywhere even close to 2x the performance, and that fourth GPU just sits there and jacks off.

High end computer hardware virtually NEVER results in a 1:1 price: performance ratio. Quit your bitching for Christ's sake, he can spend his money on whatever the hell he wants.

Need I remind you all, he did ask "Well it is finally done! Whatta ya think?" So we're saying what we think. Shad da fuck up already!!!

LEAVE THE MAN ALONE! He busted his ass making this which I admire his hard work. And he did it with having 4 Kids(only got 2 for myself but want more...damn $$$) Only people with kids would know how hard it is unless you are a millionaire or something. Personally I won't do 2 or 3 SLI just because even though gain is there, it's just not cost effect for me at least. Also, leave cock size alone. What does it got to do with this site anyways except one being a cock? I'm Korean and I got small cock, so what? I still F and have 2 kids(Don't you dare make fun of them) Global warming? Yeah, this rig will help a bit but not as much as careless people polluting Earth. Hell, even cow dung will warm Globe more than this. If you are concerned about Global warming, think big! Think about developing countries that don't care about pollution but only care about making money. Just enjoy other people's post. Don't just be an ass about everything. Don't be cocky and just throw out sarcastic comments.

Now, I'm apologize everything that I said and way I said it. I was like wow, I wouldn't spend that much money unless I hit jackpot but that's some rig! But as I was reading some comments after that, it just got me all fired up reading all those stupid comments. I never made any comments like this nor I cared about stupid comments other people made but I HAD to say something this time.

Once again I'm sorry about all this.

Now let's just enjoy all the posts that people make. k?

That certainly looks like an amazing system, and I hope you're getting your money's worth of playing out of it, with as much as that beast cost, thats a lot of gaming you're gonna be forced into ;)

holy hell, this is better than jerry springer.

#1) cool rig.

#2) thought about water cooling? ('cause you haven't spent enough money yet, right?)

#3) everyone says get a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme... i've had my eye on the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 myself. here're a couple reviews:
http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2233
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=81&It
plus it's over $30 cheaper than the TRUE on newegg (though i imagine that doesn't mean much to you, if you've already spent as much as you have). and of course individual results can always vary.

#4) the little bitches who need to talk shit are just envious. i'm envious, but at least i'm enough of a man to admit it.

holy hell, this is better than jerry springer.

#1) cool rig.

#2) thought about water cooling? ('cause you haven't spent enough money yet, right?)

#3) everyone says get a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme... i've had my eye on the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 myself. here're a couple reviews:
http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2233
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=81&It
plus it's over $30 cheaper than the TRUE on newegg (though i imagine that doesn't mean much to you, if you've already spent as much as you have). and of course individual results can always vary.

#4) the little bitches who need to talk shit are just envious. i'm envious, but at least i'm enough of a man to admit it.

That cooler has one advantage over the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme and that's that it sits lower. This also is a huge disadvantage on some motherboards where there won't be enough room for all that heatsink to sit so low on top of the socket. In fact most boards I've seen lately have this problem. The Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme actually sits high enough to clear most anything that could ever be on the motherboard.

Very Nice Rig. I love that case. It is going to be a heavy beast if you have to move it. I bet the cable management is a bitch for all that in it. I love the fan at the bottom. Did you attach it with double sided foam tape? Everyone don't dog it. It is a awesome rig. Good Job Airmanv.

That cooler has one advantage over the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme and that's that it sits lower. This also is a huge disadvantage on some motherboards where there won't be enough room for all that heatsink to sit so low on top of the socket. In fact most boards I've seen lately have this problem. The Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme actually sits high enough to clear most anything that could ever be on the motherboard.

excellent point--35mm vs. 43mm of clearence.

Very nice setup man. For those who are bashing.... are you kidding? Since when is being [H]ard ever been about buying only what you need? It's about buying overkill and then modding that to the point you void your warranty. Reminds me of a commercial. So I will break into song here.....

Real men of genius....

Here's to you Mr. [H]ardcore modding PC guy

.........Mr [H]ardcore modding PC guy.......

You take a normal PC and make it run 10x faster with water and LN2, Who cares if it cost you 10 grand and a marriage.

....... Whooo cares what it cost youuuuuuuu......

Its, because of you that we spend hours trying to match your near impossible 3dmarks scores!

So sit back and have a cold one.

...... Mr [H]ardcore modding pc guyyyyyyyyy.

I love those commercials :D

Holy swarm of sleeved wires batman! Nice rig man! looking at all these nice gaming rigs makes me want to build one again, I switched to using only my macbook about a year ago and have not looked back.... until now. I miss playing games online :(

Where the hell are the SSD's?

You're going to run that beast on mere HDD's? Psh.

Solid State Drives aren't all that. They have a shitty cost per GB and right now their performance isn't all that great. In some tests they perform worse than conventional drives and the areas they excel in aren't as numerous as you might think. The problem with solid state disks is two-fold. Limitations of flash memory and limitations of the SATA bus. Until they can address those two flaws solid state drives just aren't going to be compelling. Especially not at their current price point.

Very nice setup man. For those who are bashing.... are you kidding? Since when is being [H]ard ever been about buying only what you need? It's about buying overkill and then modding that to the point you void your warranty. Reminds me of a commercial. So I will break into song here.....

Real men of genius....

Here's to you Mr. [H]ardcore modding PC guy

.........Mr [H]ardcore modding PC guy.......

You take a normal PC and make it run 10x faster with water and LN2, Who cares if it cost you 10 grand and a marriage.

....... Whooo cares what it cost youuuuuuuu......

Its, because of you that we spend hours trying to match your near impossible 3dmarks scores!

So sit back and have a cold one.

...... Mr [H]ardcore modding pc guyyyyyyyyy.

I love those commercials :D

Dude that was funny.:D

Solid State Drives aren't all that. They have a shitty cost per GB and right now their performance isn't all that great...

Ahem... Tri-SLI (even SLI) isn't all that. It has a shitty cost per FPS and right now the performance isn't all that great. Hmmm...

Sorry dude, you stepped in it.

All I can say is that it's a terrible air outtake case for that kind of a setup.

Tri-SLI=waste of money. If you play games 10hrs a day then it might be worth it. Don't see the point of 3video card running if you hardly play any games.

SLI, Tri, Quad-SLI= freaking scam. I'll never far for that crap from Nvidia or ATI.

Ahem... Tri-SLI (even SLI) isn't all that. It has a shitty cost per FPS and right now the performance isn't all that great. Hmmm...

Sorry dude, you stepped in it.

So true...

I'll take a SSD over a faster HDD. I'm more concern of losing precious data and SSD is more stable and wouldn't die on you like a HDD would

Wow you must not care about the enviroment much and waste of power ? :rolleyes: A 1250PSU and three 8800GTX's has got be a huge power drain, WTF do you need all that power for ? I just have one 8800GTX and play all my games 2560x1600rez on my 30" Display no problem, and just have a 750watt PSU

PETA?

Solid State Drives aren't all that. They have a shitty cost per GB and right now their performance isn't all that great. In some tests they perform worse than conventional drives and the areas they excel in aren't as numerous as you might think. The problem with solid state disks is two-fold. Limitations of flash memory and limitations of the SATA bus. Until they can address those two flaws solid state drives just aren't going to be compelling. Especially not at their current price point.

Really? Can you provide links?

I've been under the impression that SSD's DO provide a significant performance increase, especially for load times. However, I do agree the prices are not compelling (the post was kind of a joke, considering money must not be much of an issue for the OP...tech-wise at least)

Really? Can you provide links?

I've been under the impression that SSD's DO provide a significant performance increase, especially for load times. However, I do agree the prices are not compelling (the post was kind of a joke, considering money must not be much of an issue for the OP...tech-wise at least)

They do at times provide better performance. However the difference isn't as large as you might think it would be. The fact is that while they are faster, they are still terribly constrained by the SATA bus and protocols. Plus as I said, flash memory has its' limitations and because of this it isn't ideal all the time. This article on Wikipedia does point out what I'm talking about in detail: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid-state_drive The read speeds are awesome, but the flash memory wears out quickly. Also write speeds are very poor. Granted read speeds are generally more important for the most part, but poor writes hurt in regard to performance.

Back