$220 Intel Core 2 Duo - Wolfdale - 45nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
The kind folks over at Puget Systems have been reading up here on our forums and seen how many [H] readers are looking for the hard-to-find Intel E8400 processors. Puget contacted me to see if it was OK to offer our forum users a few of these that it had in stock. So here is the deal:

$220 - Intel Core 2 Duo "Wolfdale" 45nm processor. OEM. (Unsure if this is exact SL spec # Linked)

Puget has a limited amount of these processors. Some are available for immediate shipment some will be available next week.

How to get ONE:

Go to Puget's site and sign up for an account at this link.

Then email Ed at Puget with your desire to purchase one. He will get back to you with all the needed information to purchase a single OEM E8400 at this price.

Hey guys, I am going to keep a watch on this thread. You just need to email me with your account login from our website and I will email you back a special link to a checkout page with the reduced price. I wish I could get a better price, because this is even high (Intel disti cost is like around $180), but there are none in the channel at all.

I have only a handful for shipment today. Another bit for monday. Hopefully this helps out.

Wow, I just bought an OEM X3110 for $210 before taxes and shipping. So Intel isn't distributing these in numbers currently? Is there a reason for this?

Thanks to both Kyle and Ed for setting this up! Many here will appreciate it, I'm sure. I'd pick one up myself but I'm skint as it is. :(

And I swear to God, if this ends up on slickdeals, I'm castrating someone.

Thanks for this. I wish I found this before I paid the marked up price for a E3110. Oh well, same thing happened when I bought my 8800GT back in November.

Thanks to both Kyle and Ed for setting this up! Many here will appreciate it, I'm sure. I'd pick one up myself but I'm skint as it is. :(

And I swear to God, if this ends up on slickdeals, I'm castrating someone.

That happened with the BFG 8800GTS 512 deal [posted by dlinfiniti - is he an [H] member?] - which makes me angry panda. Not really a way of enforcing other than the [H] honor code...

Sent the email and hope this works out because my old build is on it's last legs.
Wasn't really prepared to wait until April or beyond for the e8400 to start showing up again.

Looking for an e8400 - but buying a separate fan for it on newegg. Would I miss out on anything else from getting the OEM version?

You'd miss out on the 3 year warranty from Intel but other than that, nothing.

They carry a 1 year warranty and don't come with a fan/heatsink. Usually they are $10 cheaper than the box and don't make much sense to buy for anyone other than system builders (when the qty we buy makes it make sense and we don't use the coolers anyway), but in this market, I guess you have to get what you can get.

Hello,

I hope it's not restricted to just HardOCP regulars..
I usually post over at the Anandtech forums, but I've been scouring everywhere almost 24/7 for a decent price on these for the past 3 weeks..
I sent in a request though, thanks a huge bunch for setting this up guys.

Quick question, is $220 including or not including shipping?

Not including shipping. No gimmicks, my cost on these is like $216 by the time I get them into the warehouse.

Kyle & Ed,

Thank you for the chance for one of these processors. I've been spec'ing out a new system I want to build over the past month or two and now that I'm ready to pull the trigger ... no processors to be found. It's always something. :)

Again, thank you for the chance!
pat----

Excellent deal for those looking for an e8400, and would like to have one before the end of the month. Thanks Kyle and Ed! The [H] rocks!

Thank you very much to Puget Systems and Kyle for extending this great opportunity to the enthusiast community.

My new system has been languishing for weeks as I refused to pay exorbitant prices for a two hundred dollar processor. Now I just need to obtain a cooler.

Thanks again.

I saw tons of these and even E8500 CPUs when I was in Tokyo last month, down in Akihabara. First off, it is INSANE how much hardware is over there. I have never seen so much of everything in every speed in every color so neatly categorized in my life. Crazy. I should have picked a couple up before coming back to the US.

It is too bad we don't have any place like this over here with that sort of quantity and selection. The shops in that district make a Fry's over here look like a half full candy rack in a gas station in middle of Montana.

I saw tons of these and even E8500 CPUs when I was in Tokyo last month, down in Akihabara. First off, it is INSANE how much hardware is over there. I have never seen so much of everything in every speed in every color so neatly categorized in my life. Crazy. I should have picked a couple up before coming back to the US.

It is too bad we don't have any place like this over here with that sort of quantity and selection. The shops in that district make a Fry's over here look like a half full candy rack in a gas station in middle of Montana.

:eek:

Too bad Im chinese...prolly if I go to china i'd find the Letni 8400E :p

You know what's soo funny?
Fry's has these in their cages. If you go to their board of CPU listings in the hardware / components area they don't list it.
But if you go to the checkout line and peek in the cage they have them there. It's also $220 or so.

Too bad I don't have the money for a Wolfdale until the end of May... :(

Still, things like this are the reason why I stick around the [H]. Props! :D

I just bit on a Q6600, but if I had seen this first, I probably woulda gone this route. Hard OCP rocks, and props to Puget for reaching out to the community.

It isnt on slickdeals...yet, but you might wanna keep an eye on THIS thread if it shows up there PM a moderator, they are usually pretty good about removing stuff that shouldnt be there.

If I didnt already have an e8400 I'd be all over this. Awesome deal [H] and Puget

Just got a reply. 29 bucks for S&H is too much, Thanks Kyle and Ed but I'll pass this time.

I'm letting one of my friends know about this, as he's been looking to get one.

I'd get one myself, but my E6850 is already running at E8500 speeds with good performance, and I don't see a reason to swap out unless these things OC to near 4Ghz on air.

Thanks to Ed and Kyle from my friend, he'll be thrilled.

Kyle and Ed,

Thanks for setting this up, now if only I wasn't paying tuition >_> <_<.

Thanks

Thanks Ed for the effort. I received the E8400 purchase link very promptly.

Not that I am being unappreciative, but is there any shipping option other than $33.00 (FedEx Super Saver)?

I surmise we have been spoiled by NewEgg's $5.00 three day shipping.

I would think twice about that. They have reseller rating of 2.8 out of 10.

Link

That rating is low, but look at how they respond to each and every complaint. I've dealt with their CS both before and after purchase. CS was easy to get through to (no hold time...not even a minute) and they were nothing but polite.

Maybe there are issues, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to a company that appears willing to work with every customer to fix the issues....even those cases where it's clearly not their fault (i.e. people whining that Buffalo didn't honor their rebate). Personally, I'm pissed off at the President, because I got a speeding ticket. :rolleyes:

golfjam and setscrew, sorry about the shipping thing, that was a bit of a fluke. It was a problem with the way I was sending out the links where it did not give a ground service option, plus it was making the calculations based on system packing materials. So, my screwup. I don't normally sell parts like this at all, so it's trial under fire, I guess! You should be able to use the same link I gave you to get new shipping quotes.

You know what's soo funny?
Fry's has these in their cages. If you go to their board of CPU listings in the hardware / components area they don't list it.
But if you go to the checkout line and peek in the cage they have them there. It's also $220 or so.

Intel is keeping it thight...and so much for troubles with 45nm ;) *L*

According to this Front Page story Intel is cranking out 100,000 45nm cpus a day and will continue to ramp up production. Its just going to take a few months to meet the high demand.

Kudos to these guys.

Was impossible to find a E8400, I bit for one at launch, but getting one for a friend a week or 2 after was IM-POSS-IBLE.

He settled on me ordering a Q6600 instead.

Just a quick note to everyone who is considering or already has purchased. We shipped what we had in stock on Friday - the rest of the orders will be shipping on Tuesday. I have a confirmed tracking # of our incoming stock for that day. I did tell some people via email today that it MIGHT be Monday - that was before I had the tracking info. So, just keeping you all informed. I'll keep taking orders on these for now, probably through Monday. If anything changes, I'll post here. Remember if you are emailing me for this, you should sign up on our website first and send me your account name so I can send you the magic link.

Awesome, thanks again for putting this together, Ed and Kyle.
As if sensing its imminent demise, my PC has begun acting up, rebooting randomly and inexplicably and idling at 60 degrees for some reason, so I really have to forge ahead with my new rig lol.

Edit:
Just a small suggestion but for something this small you could probably stuff it into a tiny USPS Priority mail box to save a bundle on shipping costs vs standard fedex ground I think, but I'm not sure if you guys do that. Either way it's a great price and at the very least we can get a hand on these things, thanks again!

Well, I'm not sure if they still have any left, but my father went to visit a friend in Las Vegas (we live in Germany) and I managed to get him to pick me up a couple of E8400s from Fry's at 6845 South Las Vegas Blvd. Cost was USD225.00 per cpu (insanely cheap compared to here)

Currently running at 3.6Ghz with no voltage mods and aircooling, so not really even trying.

Maybe helpful, maybe not :D

Well, I'm not sure if they still have any left, but my father went to visit a friend in Las Vegas (we live in Germany) and I managed to get him to pick me up a couple of E8400s from Fry's at 6845 South Las Vegas Blvd. Cost was USD225.00 per cpu (insanely cheap compared to here)

Currently running at 3.6Ghz with no voltage mods and aircooling, so not really even trying.

Maybe helpful, maybe not :D

Wow, I feel like an idiot. I've been fretting over not being able to find a reasonably priced e8400 on the internet and I never even thought to check fry's. I just called and sure enough, they have them in stock. Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back