$220 Intel Core 2 Duo - Wolfdale - 45nm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, funky... so this here interwebnet is actually good for something after all!

Glad I could help man.

Are the Fry's CPU's OEM or Retail? If OEM, is the warranty one year?

And while I'm at it, what's could someone say what the shipping is on Puget's CPUs? Trying to decide whether to by there or just have a friend pick one up at Fry's and ship it to me....my guess is it's cheaper from Puget (unless Fry's price is 225 after tax)

Shipping via the cheapest option for me was Fedex express saver for a little under $15, so roughly $235 is what I'm paying. If they did USPS it'd be somewhere like $5 or so via Priority mail, but I'm just happy being able to get one of these at all.

Assuming they're relatively close in price with each other I'd say go for the retail anyway as the 2 extra years of warranty could be worth it. I'd love to grab a retail one somewhere but we're not as lucky as the west coast people with Fry's all around them lol.

Shipping via the cheapest option for me was Fedex express saver for a little under $15, so roughly $235 is what I'm paying. . . . but I'm just happy being able to get one of these at all.
Same price and joy here.

I am so happy to get one now when I have some time to work on setting up a new build, as spring is approaching and I have lots of outside projects.

I did not care about the boxed set as I wanted to put an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro on it just in case I want to overclock down the road.

Thanks again for all the help.

Trying to decide whether to by there or just have a friend pick one up at Fry's and ship it to me....my guess is it's cheaper from Puget (unless Fry's price is 225 after tax)

Just bought an E8400 at Fry's today; microcenter was selling for 200$ but they were all out today :( Ended up paying about 243$ at Fry's.

Yeah, Ed's usually up and running way early, so just give him 'til the morning (he has a baby at home, so I bet he took advantage of today to just sleep for a while).

Hey cmon now. You guys want me to be messing around with this stuff on a Sunday? A bit presumptuous, my dear friends.

i've send you a pm but no answer..

how fast will we get this.? say i order one now, how long will it take to arrive?
is it a real order or a pre order?

Your PM is asking me for instructions on how to place an order. In the forum here, the instructions are to email me your username for our site after you sign up. All orders coming in after now are shipping tomorrow. How long it takes to get to you depends on what shipping service you pay for, naturally.

so I sign up on your site.

I send you an e-mail with the username used to sign up..and then i will place my order?

whats the catch with signing up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back