Samsung T220/T220P release date and pricing

nandaman

Limp Gawd
As the title says, I was just wondering if you all knew when the release date of this monitor is and maybe a price too? Also, I'm not quite sure of the model number because I can't find to many sites that talk about the monitor at the moment.Right now I am using my dad's monitor, but I need to get another one. I've been looking at 'older' Samsung models and I was really considering buying one until I heard the news about these monitors. Please respond as any comments are always helpful. Thanks again!

I thought it was coming out at the end of this month? Anyone have any updates?

According to certain sites, they should be coming out at the end of this month like you had previously stated. I guess we'll just have to wait...

The models are as followed:

T260HD - 26-inch
T240 - 24-inch
T220 - 22-inch
T200 - 20-inch
T190 - 19-inch

What in the World does it mean when a reply simply says "bump"?????

It means that I bump the topic/thread so that way it won't get bogged down in all the other threads. That way it jumps to the top of the list so hopefully people will respond to it. bump. ;)

yes sir we do.. I ordered the monitor today from buy.com and i will tell you how it is. I am coming from a 20' sceptre nagax2 (old school 8ms TN)

Thanks for posting this! I've been looking everywhere for this, but I haven't been able to buy it. Do you know buy.com return's policy in case it isn't that great? Btw, I'd love to read your review on it whenever you get the chance.

Alas...no blue, yet. I thought red was going to be really for Europe and blue for the US, no?

No offense to whomever wrote that review, but it wasn't that great. He didn't do a very in depth review at all. I'm sure there will be more for this monitor, shortly. I just have to wait.

True, the review is not so deep as it should be, but that is the first that i could found :)
So, lets wait...

I am just wondering what the major diff. are between 2253BW and T220. I like both, but i dont which one should i take.

True, the review is not so deep as it should be, but that is the first that i could found :)
So, lets wait...

I am just wondering what the major diff. are between 2253BW and T220. I like both, but i dont which one should i take.

the only difference spec wise mentioned in the review is the slightly better dynamic contrast ratio which isn't a big deal. I would probably go with whichever style you like the best. I'm not sure I like the whole colored thing myself but I'll wait til I see one in person to make a decision.

So, lets wait...

I'm glad you posted it though, truly. It was a first look.
Once again, does anyone know when the 'blue version' is coming out?

so the monitor came in today and I am just trying to adjust it now. It is A LOT brighter than my old sceptre naga x2 and the colors are a lot more vivid. I say almost more so than the 226bw (which my brother has in the next room)

Right now I am trying to figure out how to use magic tune. every time I do it it seems like the calibrated picture looks worse than the uncalibrated :p.

I have never really reviewed a monitor before so I will try to read other reviews and just copy the tests they do

so the monitor came in today and I am just trying to adjust it now. It is A LOT brighter than my old sceptre naga x2 and the colors are a lot more vivid. I say almost more so than the 226bw (which my brother has in the next room)

Right now I am trying to figure out how to use magic tune. every time I do it it seems like the calibrated picture looks worse than the uncalibrated :p.

I have never really reviewed a monitor before so I will try to read other reviews and just copy the tests they do

Thanks! Any info would be great! Would you mind uploading some pics of this monitor for right now before the 'review'? I would love to see some nice ones of the bezel if you don't mind.

I could see the black version of T220 on samsung website:

1. Site:
http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/...e=monitors&subtype=lcd&model_cd=LS22TWHSUV/ZA

2. Offical description:
http://www.samsung.com/us/system/co...suvza/TOC_normalmonitorsbrochure_Final_LR.pdf

I was looking for the black version...

Sorry, I don't get what you mean. They are all kind of black with some kind of color underneath. One is 'blue', one is emerald, and one is 'rose' red. Unfortunately, right now, there is only the rose color available.

Sorry, maybe i was not clear enough. Both on the site (point 1) and in the pfd (p. 2), the color of the samsung T220 is Rose Balck AND (!) Black. (Check the pdg, searhingon: "Bezel/Cabinet Color Rose Black/Black").

Maye i am wrong, but for me it seems we have the rode black colored version, and the pure black (no blue) version, or?

Sorry, maybe i was not clear enough. Both on the site (point 1) and in the pfd (p. 2), the color of the samsung T220 is Rose Balck AND (!) Black. (Check the pdg, searhingon: "Bezel/Cabinet Color Rose Black/Black").

Maye i am wrong, but for me it seems we have the rode black colored version, and the pure black (no blue) version, or?

If Samsung wrote it this way:
Bezel / Cabinet Color
Rose Black / Black
maybe it would be clearer: only the bezel is tinted, the rest of the cabinet is plain black...
So there is no black model listed here (or blue, for that matter).

so the monitor came in today and I am just trying to adjust it now...
Can you tell is if it has VESA-compliant mounting holes (75mm/3in or 100mm/4in) on the back? (I need to be able to put one on a stand.)

Can you tell is if it has VESA-compliant mounting holes (75mm/3in or 100mm/4in) on the back? (I need to be able to put one on a stand.)

I'm pretty sure it is. Have to check the site. I'm just wondering. What stand would you 'attach' to this monitor?

I'm pretty sure it is. Have to check the site. I'm just wondering. What stand would you 'attach' to this monitor?
The Samsung spec sheet doesn't list if it is VESA or not (unlike other LCD series which are listed). The Ergotron NeoFlex LCD stand allows LCD's to pivot (and my nVidia card has the software for it). Its only $35 at http://www.amazon.com/Ergotron-33-310-060-Neoflex-Stand-Black/dp/B000FLXW90/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1209851726&sr=8-3

Alternatively, I'm looking at the 2243BWX, which comes with a pivoting stand. Assuming a rotated display can actually be read easily enough (something I would like to hear about from owners), this can be a "deciding factor" for my next purchase.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The Samsung spec sheet doesn't list if it is VESA or not (unlike other LCD series which are listed). The Ergotron NeoFlex LCD stand allows LCD's to pivot (and my nVidia card has the software for it). Its only $35 at http://www.amazon.com/Ergotron-33-310-060-Neoflex-Stand-Black/dp/B000FLXW90/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1209851726&sr=8-3

Alternatively, I'm looking at the 2243BWX, which comes with a pivoting stand. Assuming a rotated display can actually be read easily enough (something I would like to hear about from owners), this can be a "deciding factor" for my next purchase.

I wouldn't go with the 2243 despite the nice stand it got a pretty bad review here.

http://www.digitalversus.com/article-358-3280-36.html

I was looking at that one also, but I think I'm going to going with the 24 inch model. (T240)

I guess it would be bad if I were a gamer, but I'm not! I watch movies on my 50" plasma so that's out, too.

In the head-to-head comparison with the LG W2252TQ, it held its own (although the LG can be obtained much cheaper at the moment). I wish the site had comparison data for the Samsung 2253BW and T220.

Resnbl: There is a dedicated thread about 2253BW vs. T220 here.

Actually, after so many review and forums, this is may question as well: 2253BW or T220?

Resnbl: There is a dedicated thread about 2253BW vs. T220 here.
That thread is rather light-weight. I'm afraid that, until a "professional" review is done, we'll have a lot of uninformed people repeating "everyone says its great!"... I'm also concerned this may very well be a "great" gaming screen, but I don't game and only want it for coding, surfing, etc.

Right now, considering the price diff (2253BW @ NewEgg for $280 vs T220 @ Buy.com for $305 [$320 - $15 with click-through Bountii.com]), I'm leaning toward the 2253BW. Or maybe save more money with the sales on now on the LG W2252TQ-TF at BB & CC...

I'm so confused... :confused:

That thread is rather light-weight. I'm afraid that, until a "professional" review is done, we'll have a lot of uninformed people repeating "everyone says its great!"... I'm also concerned this may very well be a "great" gaming screen, but I don't game and only want it for coding, surfing, etc.

Right now, considering the price diff (2253BW @ NewEgg for $280 vs T220 @ Buy.com for $305 [$320 - $15 with click-through Bountii.com]), I'm leaning toward the 2253BW. Or maybe save more money with the sales on now on the LG W2252TQ-TF at BB & CC...

I'm so confused... :confused:

Thanks for posting this :). Didn't know about the 15 dollars off.

I play CoD4 on mine a lot and I dont notice any ghosting or lag of any kind. (this is coming from a bad sceptre 8ms monitor) However when compared to the 2253BW and the LG counterpart I am pretty sure that it is all the same. All of them are TN monitors with good contrast ratios and 2ms response times.

So at the end of the day it all comes down to personal preference on style, UI menu, and money constraints.

Back