Phenom owners unite!!!

digital_exhaust

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - May 2008
And come on down to the DC subforum and join us for the Chimp Challenge!!!!

The [H]orde is currently involved in a friendly competition with a few other folding teams, a race to 5 million points. We could really use your help, and it's all for a good cause.

Chimp Challenge info here
F@H Info here
F@H Client download here
Chimp Challenge stats here

If just a few of you Phenom owners would consider joining us, it very well may be all it takes to help the [H]orde win this thing!! So come on and join the fun, and be sure to set the usermane to [H]ardApe folding for team 33!!

Thanks guys:)

Oh....and just thought I'd add that it doesn't have to be a Phenom...my 4400+ runs the SMP client very well and is quite productive......Anything helps guys!

It doesn't even need to be that. My Athlon XP's are still making good contributions.

We're outdoing the other teams consistently today, but there's still no margin of error. A few more [H] members joining the party and we will win this thing for sure.

i have parts for my new phenom setup on the way. ill be folding by friday.

btw my girls laptop has a turion 59 dual core and the smp program doesn't work. i cannot get the instal.bat file to complete.

btw my girls laptop has a turion 59 dual core and the smp program doesn't work. i cannot get the instal.bat file to complete.

Maybe try running two console clients on it.... the SMP client is more productive, but right now anything will help...

Tomorrow I'll get my dads phenom running the client, clear it with him first of course but I'm sure hes game. 4 cores w/ 6 gigs of ram, one awesome office computer heh ;) stock 2.2GHz tho :(

I'd do it with this comp but its currently stock and I want to try to have another run at ocing once i can get the damn bios updated, and I'd do it with "gamer" cept my sister stole it :mad:

Tomorrow I'll get my dads phenom running the client, clear it with him first of course but I'm sure hes game. 4 cores w/ 6 gigs of ram, one awesome office computer heh ;) stock 2.2GHz tho :(

I'd do it with this comp but its currently stock and I want to try to have another run at ocing once i can get the damn bios updated, and I'd do it with "gamer" cept my sister stole it :mad:

All right man, and be sure and tell your dad that the [H]orde says Thanks:)

I'll be home from work on Wed or thurs. If the challenge is still on, I'll jump on board...

I had trouble with it to, but I got it to work by running it from a command prompt instead of from windows explorer.

I'll be home from work on Wed or thurs. If the challenge is still on, I'll jump on board...

It took almost a week to get to 3 million. I'm sure we have at least a couple more days left.

I had trouble with it to, but I got it to work by running it from a command prompt instead of from windows explorer.

didn't work. may be cuz its a vista home premium system?

error.jpg

First thing that I see is that you're trying to install into Program Files. Thats usually advised against. Second, do you have UAC turned off? And where it asks domain/user are you typing anything in or just hitting enter? You should just hit enter to accept what it already has there.

If you have Vista you have to install F@H outside Program Files (for example C:\FAH) :)

didn't work. may be cuz its a vista home premium system?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i147/all4amd/error.jpg

Make sure you run the cmd process as administrator (start->type "cmd"->right click on cmd and hit "Run as Administrator"). I was running Vista Business, and I successfully ran it in C:\Program Files\

also, if you're running 64bit, go with the 5.91 SMP client and not the 5.92.

well the problem was installing in the default directory. now folding 100% on both cores :D

It's over...we took second:)

Thanks to everyone who jumped on board and helped out, we really do appreciate it. Hopefully some of you will continue folding and come and join us occasionally in the DC forum...

Again thanks guys, and Fold On!!!!

Back