new cases Antec P183 & P193 (update of P180 & P190)

Antec unveiled refreshed version of P180 & P190, they listen customers and correct few flaws of they big brothers. Check by your self, if you like. ;)

P193

P183

source: www.matbe.com

Ugh. Don't read much French, personally. Any US sites have more pics/info on this, yet?

~Semi

no sorry I don't see any but you can make google translate. The translation of french in english is quite good.

I like the P183 has a fan in the bottom drive bay. Its like they have been watching the forums all-along. The one thing that needed desperate changing was the plastic clips on the side panels. If they didn't fix that, I'm at a loss. I can't tell from the pics though.

The P193 with no PSUs was a brilliant move. I would buy one if I were in the market.

Door vent is a poor idea executed extremely well. Hate the holes in the front door.

Looks like the P193 has water cooling in mind from stock ready for a 2x120mm radiator right out of the box. It'll be better if it was a 3x120mm radiator though. Still looking forward to Antec's new offerings.

Looks like the P193 has water cooling in mind from stock ready for a 2x120mm radiator right out of the box. It'll be better if it was a 3x120mm radiator though. Still looking forward to Antec's new offerings.

2x120 is pretty light, imo, for almost any setups you'd actually bother to water cool.

~Semi

it's ugly. I'm glad I got a p182; it might have worse airflow but atleast I can stand to look at it.

Yeah I don't like this newfangled "let's put holes in our smooth panels" idea that Antec has now apparently. They did it with the mini-P180, now they're doing it with the larger ones. And the ugly top exhaust cutouts too? I'll pass.

I would like to see them make an aluminum version of the P182 but that ain't gonna happen. Such a beautiful case; I really liked mine. It was too heavy and too tall for its own good though.

The front is hideous IMO. I'm not seeing any real design changes that aren't aesthetic aside from the drive bay and side panel fans, which aren't that big of a deal. I think the P182 looks a lot better.

On the P193: The front panel doesn't look great -but it looks like the side panel will fix the issues people had with the 200mm fan restricting what coolers could be installed. Maybe it could be smoothed into the case a little better than jutting out like that or the general case size increased- it's already a mammoth, why not go for broke!

The single best benefit will be that it won't come with the dual power supplies, which should mean it'll cost a lot less. I'd consider it - it should fit all those nice new 280GTX's and 4870's in SLI/CFX and cool them nicely without too much noise.

I see antec is still using the company mini-fridge for inspiration. :p

At least they got rid of that thing on top of the P180, but I see they added a tumor to the side of the P193. :eek:

Is the p193 a full-size case? I thought I remembered reading that it was, but I can't seem to find a source for that now...

-S

Hehehe, nothing personal I assure you :) I liked the older style p182 and currently use it. Now it just seems that they're trying too hard and the result seems to me to be less refined than the previous versions. The huge fan holder out the side, plus their angled little vents that they use now just don't appeal to me at all :(

The 193 is... very poorly thought out from what I can see.

- There definitely should've been a 3x120 top array, as another poster said. There really should be more potential mount-points in such a huge enclosure -- make all that space usable.
- The 200mm fan on the side is even /more/ obnoxious now, making an already absurdly large case even larger. Antec: we do not buy "Performance One" series cases and expect to get Xcilo Windtunnel/Diablo type crap. Leave that to the 900/1200/etc, if you must have it anywhere.
- The front door is not exactly hideous, but I don't think it fits with the slick aesthetic of the original Performance One series cases. The top cutout on the P183, however, /is/ hideous, and the responsible parties should be fired immediately.

Congratulations Antec for ruining the clean front door design of the P182.

I like it, guess this is the update everyone was talking about. Think I'll still go with the 1200.

I like the P183. I've been itching to pull the trigger on a gun metal P182 for months to stfu my computer but I might wait for this. Any known release date?

A few revisions and give it a total new model number. Eh,

I also I have the Original P182 and I prefer that door over this new one.

I have the original P180 black, and if it'd fit, I'd replace the front door and side panel on the P193 with the P180 parts and have the best of both worlds. I like the dual fans on the top, it means you could have the rear fan as an intake for the cpu cooler and then exhaust it directly out the top.

I agree with some of the other posters though, the new top of the p183 is blah, as is the p193 panel and front door.

Well as an owner of the P190 I welcome most of the changes found in the P193. In fact, some of those changes were things I recommended in my Antec P190 thread. Unfortunately the hideous fan thing on the side is something other people recommended to address the problem of the 200mm fan on the inside creating clearance issues with larger CPU coolers like the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme. Frankly, they needed to ditch the fan all together in my opinion. It really isn't all that necessary.

People are mentioning 2x120mm fans in the top and they should actually be dual 140mm fans. That's the way they were in the P190 at least. So I don't know if the P193 uses the same style fan or not. My only complaint there is that no 140mm fan grill I ever found actually fit the ones that came with the case, or the Yate Loon 140mm fans I'm using. The holes they've been adding to the doors are hideous. I'd rather they just get rid of the door than go that route.

Looking at it again, the front door does seem a little too ... 'noisey'. Kind of goes against the less is more philosophy of the super clean 182's.

Any idea on when these will be released?

I'm really hoping that the P183 won't be as ugly as pictured and will come with black interior. If Antec made the P182 in all black (exterior/interior) and with a window panel.. I'd be in love.

Any idea on when these will be released?

I'm really hoping that the P183 won't be as ugly as pictured and will come with black interior. If Antec made the P182 in all black (exterior/interior) and with a window panel.. I'd be in love.

Keep dreaming. I'd bet the final versions are every bit as ugly as the pictures we see here.

I wonder if the front bezel on the P182 will work with the P183. The vents on the front of the P183 are really ugly IMO.

I wonder if the front bezel on the P182 will work with the P183. The vents on the front of the P183 are really ugly IMO.

They really are. I wondered about getting the P193 and using the exterior parts of the P190 to make a much better all around case.

About the only improvement I see is the removal of the center fan in the lower chamber of the P183. Otherwise not much appears to have changed. I really wish Antec would stop using so much plastic in their designs or at least give users the choice of easily adding in their own changes. For instance the top grill on these cases are horribly ugly, yet because of their design you can't replace them with a standard fan grill.

I've found myself really moving away from any case that doesn't stick to "standards" of some sort. Make your fan mounting common, there is still a lot of unique traits they can add in from there. Antec cases have some nice pluses but far to many negatives and they just look cheap.

Agreed on {side fan, top grille shape} = ugly
Disagreed on "3x120mm top array = nice". IMO, fewer number of 200-230mm fans would be better (how about 1 intake and 1-2 exhaust?) it's a risky proposition to optimize a case for water-cooling, since the market is very narrow.
I think appearance of a black version (inside and out) is likely. They did it with Mini P180, why not here?

One more thing -- though a window would be aesthetically pleasing, having one is on conflict with sound dampening, which I believe is to a degree design intention here.

Back