new cases Antec P183 & P193 (update of P180 & P190)

I don't like windows in my cases at all. So I'm glad this doesn't have one but yes, I agree with you. They are sort of counter to the goal of silent computing.

Maybe I'm the only person who finds the goal of silence laughable on the Antec cases. Their stock fans are not even worthwhile towards that goal at their lowest setting. While I think a window wouldn't go well with the design of the series, I really don't think silence is much of a concern. My P180B was louder than my previous case till I replaced the fans, which was a massive disappointment considering how much more the Antec cost...

I like how they changed the center bottom fan from being in the middle and put it towards the front where it should have been in the first place giving more room for a larger PSU like the Corsair 1000 which inorder to put into the P180/P182 you have to remove that fan completly.

As far as the front panel goes, I will say that its a nice concept to have extra holes in the front so it would perhaps help the air restrictions while the door is closed, but if you have 2 high rpm fans in the front like me then even those extra holes aren't going to allow open air to feed the fans. It's still going to be restricted in a way. I always thought the main purpose of the p180/p182 was that if you needed the extra air flow then you simply open the front panel this way when you don't need it then it looks nice and solid at the front while it is closed. If you aren't stressing the system with a demanding app then even the solid clean front panel of the older versions was adequate enough.

Here are the mods that I've done to my p180.....
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/568345867rZHlWm

As you can see how I modded my whole intake.... if I were to use the newer front panel then it wouldn't help me at all if I were to keep the door closed. My case also maintains the nice clean look while the front panel is closed.

The honeycomb holes that I took out on all the fans may not be as clean as the LanLi cases but, they will do.

So, does anyone actually know when the P183 is going to hit the shelves? I can't find much of anything regarding release date or even rumored release date. There has to be something, I ask because I'm close to buying the P182, but if this the 183 has revised/updated features I'll just wait for that one.

I like the fan in front of the lower drive bay since its a pain for hard drive in my P180 but the front and the top vent are ass ugly.

Edit: OblivionLord - do you have any instructions on how to move the lower fan to the front?

This is where I got all the info on how to do it.
http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=447210#447210

aZn_plyR....
I originally painted everything black and it looked really nice however when I started putting everything back, you would see scratches and chips to the paint on the areas where anything had movement like the rear section and HDD bay at the bottom. I had to use thinner and remove the paint in those sections cause it just looked ugly if I didn't do so. Also the fact that the camera I used to take pics has a tiny lens making everything darker than it already is.

Maybe I'm the only person who finds the goal of silence laughable on the Antec cases. Their stock fans are not even worthwhile towards that goal at their lowest setting. While I think a window wouldn't go well with the design of the series, I really don't think silence is much of a concern. My P180B was louder than my previous case till I replaced the fans, which was a massive disappointment considering how much more the Antec cost...
I am very sensitive to fan noise and the stock fans on my p182 are almost inaudible when set to low.

I'm sorry but they've ruined this case...what they have done is truly disgusting. Why take such a sleek design and RUIN in with shitty holes on the front? give it a pointless and shit looking side fan and just buggar it all up? seriously. I love the p180...I adore it, I've got it sitting next to me and I've had it for about 2 years now, served me well...but they've created a monster

Bottom front fan mount and the small divider on the bottom is nice. It also looks like they widened the psu area. Too bad I got my P182 and I have to use it lol

They have a lot more edgy look but I definately like the simplicity of my P182 still. Just waiting for the door to come back cut so I can finish my mod and then I plan to post some pics.

Yeah they should have kept the door style of the orginal. It is much cleaner looking.

Not a fan of the new door, and they still haven't added a simple cutout to the motherboard tray to allow adding a new CPU backplate without removing the motherboard. No removable motherboard tray either. The P193's top radiator space is nice, and the move of the bottom-section fan to the front is definitely a good thing, but I think I'll stick with my old P180 for now.

Those are gross. I just got a p182 for 85 bucks and I'm happy! Way nicer looking! :)

My only beef with Antec cases is the sides never seem to fit perfectly. I can tap the sides of my NSK4480B and it slightly rattles b/c the clips that hold the metal in place do not fit perfectly. Even the panel top didn't fit perfectly and it took me slightly bending the metal for it to fit snug. WTF is up with that anyways? My case was $110 CAD for crying out loud...

These updates were announced in June, it's now nearly March... And their website still doesn't display any info on them, nor are they available for sale anywhere. Strange?

Seems to be almost typical of Antec of late. There seems to be an issue moving new products into actual retail channels.

The P183 has been on Antec's European web site for a couple of weeks. It has also been on Mwave's Austrailian site for over a month but there does not appear to be any availability anywhere as of right now.

That is one sad turn around. 9 months from showing it off and it still isn't retail?

Considered this for a swap on my p182 but I may just go with a high end lian-li.

Maybe they read all the negative comments about the door holes and stopped production..

That is one sad turn around. 9 months from showing it off and it still isn't retail?

Considered this for a swap on my p182 but I may just go with a high end lian-li.

I've seen them both locally at Fry's Electronics. I've seen the P193 at Microcenter in Dallas.

still love my P180b, the 183 ruins the clean looks of the original :S

still love my P180b, the 183 ruins the clean looks of the original :S

I couldn't agree more. The P193 is even worse with its stupid "outside the case cooling fan" in addition to the gaudy front panel bling vents. They look like the cheap shitty stick on chrome fender vents that people stick on their cars and trucks.

Thread ressurection! The last post was nearly a year ago!! But yeah, the top fans on a P193 are indeed 140mm...

Indeed they are.

haven't seen the p193 too popular around the forums. thought it would be a good idea to get people to start talking about it again.

hrm, also i'd like to see some p193 builds. i haven't seen many. anyone seen any? if so i'de like to be pointed in the right direction.

when i get mine i wanted to do an internal water cooling setup. he bottom bay is good for a single 120mm rad and fan. this case being 3 inches longer than the p183 i believe.

i'm in the process of buying my water cooling parts as they are expensive and my job hardly supports me enough for my computer building hooby, sadly. i'll be sure to post them up here i suppose once i get to building. before and after water cooling setup. also, i've been looking around to see if anyone has top mounted a dual 140 rad to those top fans. haven't seen it happen. i'd like to know if it were possible. noob question, but i am a noob and i want to be a careful noob at that. lulz

arg i'm straying off. can't stay on the subject. point is, i'd to see more p193's out there.

I wonder if Antec is working on updating P183 to a newer version including USB 3.0?

I'd love to see an update to the P183 with a lot less plastic, and minus those silly door holes.

I'd love to see an update to the P183 with a lot less plastic, and minus those silly door holes.

I could live without the extra plastic, but I've grown used to it now, and I appreciate the extra airflow I get with the door closed.....keeps the noise down ;)

haven't seen the p193 too popular around the [H]ardOCP forums. thought it would be a good idea to get people to start talking about it again.

fixed that for you. ;)

Some fora tend to favor certain brands or types of products, much like how Lian Li chassis are pretty popular here, but get almost no response on various other boards. Or to put it another way, posting about cases costing over $200 (and some places, even a mere $100 evokes a similar response) is a surefire thread killer whereas the [H] barely bats an eyelash.

The p193 has its flaws, but bit-tech liked it. I've seen prices drop as low as ~$135 and at that price it's a helluva bargain so long as you don't mind the weight and fugly 200mm fan shroud thingamajig. For the usual $170+ I see it selling for, there are better alternatives.

i actually don't really mind the "protrusion" of the 200mm fan. it wasn't an issue when i decided on my case. but i've noticed the response to it from other people. i'de rather have the p193 because the 1200...well it's just plain looking to me and the dust collection from my 900 is just horrible so i can imagine just the same for the 1200. 1200 includes filters does it not? suppose they do but they don't have a cover for the front panel and the p193 does. p183? sure, but the case is not as long as the p193 and gives me good room for internal water cooling. to each their own i suppose.

of course i bring up these cases specifically because, i'm sure a lot of you know, of the cp 850 which i also got for myself. i feel like i'm expressing things people have already heard by now.

i get my hardware on monday, though i plan on sleeving my psu. might be a bit before i actually have time to post some pics of it...but i do plan on doing so in this thread...

i think that this thread has had enough :p possibly? who knows. people will always have opinions ^_^

Back