Windows 7?

captain204mike

Weaksauce
Has the Windows 7 Beta been released yet, i have been on the website at microsoft looking for it and i cant find it
anyone know?

I believe it will be released noon pacific time. That is according to computer world. I too have been checking every half hour or so looking for it since 6 am eastern time.

Looks like microsoft.com was down for a little bit.. Traffic must be ramping up

I grabbed it through MSDN. Loaded it this morning on my laptop (C2D 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM).

But the install took about 15 minutes. Loaded the Vista x64 drivers for my nVidia 8400M and Aero is working fine. Can't wait to get home and really play with it. :)

Can't visit Windows Update or anything right now or finish loading all my drivers until I get home. Can't connect my laptop to the network here at work. ;)

Will say this though, my laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate x64 is faster then it is with Vista Home Premium x86. Visibly so in certain things like normal window swapping via Flip3D. Will do plenty more playing later though. ;)

More hamsters have been added to the servers....site is loading again.

It's just slammed right now. I guess torrent is gonna be my download path.

Where do you go to get the download once on that site? Download at the top?

The Download for Windows 7 is not there yet as far as I can tell.

It is finally available on my TechNet site, and the download is slow as hell, as someone said above. It's coming though!

I hope it is not going to be a Vista upgrade like I had been hearing. I want to be able to install this clean on my spare hdd to mess with it. Anyone else hear this?

I hope it is not going to be a Vista upgrade like I had been hearing. I want to be able to install this clean on my spare hdd to mess with it. Anyone else hear this?

You can clean install. The upgrade info is if you're upgrading, you can only upgrade from Vista SP1 at the moment since there's no definite upgrade path sorted out yet.

It's just slammed right now. I guess torrent is gonna be my download path.

But I think your still going to want to get a Legit Key to use it for more than 30 days, unless someone knows of a way around already???

Also, figured I might have trouble getting a Legit Key, so I downloaded the virtual appliance for VMware of Pre-Beta and Beta builds of Windows 7. I then plan to do a V to P conversion with the way VMware describes or using an Acronis Universal Restore utility. Just a plan though, not sure if it will work.

As for an Upgrade, i hope i come across a copy of windows Vista SP1 or my VM idea works out.

well its up for public DL now.. but in no way shape or form is it actually able to be downloaded

I really really really want to play with this OS but I don't have a spare harddrive or computer to install it on and I don't want to vm it because aero turns off :(

Error

The site is currently experiencing technical difficulties, please check back in the next business day.

hefailyo0.jpg

I am getting all kinds of jacked up redirects and errors. Kinda entertaining.

I have been trying for almost 2 hrs. and get get to it yet, keep getting errors :mad:

This is a frikin joke.

I'm already running build 6801, but thought 7000 might be nice. Well back to bittorrent.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dd353205.aspx

Ive been waiting patiently for each and ever page to load for 20 minutes now. It's available but this is going to be painful. lol

You can get to the sign up page but after entering your info it cant find the beta key page and gives a weird not found message

We did not find any results for betaexperience productkeys win7 64 enus default aspx

I already downloaded the 64bit version last night from torrents (which is what I recommend, theres enough seeders that it will be faster than MS's servers will be today), I just want the key.

You can get to the sign up page but after entering your info it cant find the beta key page and gives a weird not found message

I already downloaded the 64bit version last night from torrents (which is what I recommend, theres enough seeders that it will be faster than MS's servers will be today), I just want the key.

I maxed my connection out at 900k a sec, of course the high speed peeps were from Korea, Russia, Japan... The 64bit version torrent i downloaded was 3.15 gb if i remember correctly

I really really really want to play with this OS but I don't have a spare harddrive or computer to install it on and I don't want to vm it because aero turns off :(

There are 160gb drives on newegg for 42 bucks, gotta have 40 bucks laying around!;)

Link to DL page http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dd353205.aspx

Anyone know why Microsoft didnt release the download via torrent? Someone at my work mentioned it and think it would be a good idea. They host the tracker and can still track dl's, doesnt kill their bandwidth.

There are 160gb drives on newegg for 42 bucks, gotta have 40 bucks laying around!;)

Link to DL page http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dd353205.aspx

Anyone know why Microsoft didnt release the download via torrent? Someone at my work mentioned it and think it would be a good idea. They host the tracker and can still track dl's, doesnt kill their bandwidth.

You still have to have someone to seed it. So the the problem wouldn't be any better until a few hundred peers with high speed uploads got the full image.

if i could get the damn thing i would seed it, i have a DS3 connection so i could give a ton of upload out

Back