Windows 7?

You still have to have someone to seed it. So the the problem wouldn't be any better until a few hundred peers with high speed uploads got the full image.

Somehow an illegal copy is seeding 1300 people.. and one of the largest technology companies in the world didnt seed it, I dont see a problem if they did it through torrent.

And getting legit key web traffic isnt nearly as taxing as all these people trying to download a 3GB file.

Somehow an illegal copy is seeding 1300 people.. and one of the largest technology companies in the world didnt seed it, I dont see a problem if they did it through torrent.

And getting legit key web traffic isnt nearly as taxing as all these people trying to download a 3GB file.

You mean the one's that's been up for two weeks now? I'm pretty sure it didn't have 1300 seeders the first day.

Considering that people aren't even able to get in to even download that 3GB file (without a direct link that's currently providing 1+MB/s to some people), I'd say getting in to get that server gernerated key is going to be a problem.

I'm not saying torrenting is a bad idea, it's certainly not. It would definitely relieve the server from having to provide that many people a lot faster than waiting for demand to die out. But it certainly isn't the instant cure that everyone seems to think it would have been.

No need to torrent, my Win 7 download just completed after only about 30 minutes. (From Microsoft's servers.)

How the fuck did you even get in? :confused:

The links haven't been provided by MS yet, however the ISOs are sitting there to be downloaded.

x86 http://wb.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/6/3/3/633118BD-6C3D-45A4-B985-F0FDFFE1B021/EN/7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULFRE_EN_DVD.iso

x64 http://wb.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/6/3/3/633118BD-6C3D-45A4-B985-F0FDFFE1B021/EN/7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULXFRE_EN_DVD.ISO

I could only get these to work by right click, copy link address, then paste into INTERNET EXPLORER. Chrome/Firefox didnt work for me. Clicking on the links at all doesn't work, it has to be pasted into the browser.

Well got signed in and I didn't have Silver frikin light installed so I got an error. Now can't
get in again. Yeah!!! This is fun.:D

SYMON14, does that link also contain the windows key with it?

No the key is different from the download. For the download to work, you have to have a key. As is evident by this thread, no one can get through to get their key yet - but at least you can get a headstart in the download.

Can install it without key, just need it sometime in the next 30-120 days.

how do you get a key? on the windows site a presume if you can actually get to the download page it probably asks you??

only Microsoft can fudge this up, its common sense that a ton of people were going to DL this, they should have been ready for days.

Getting now. Thanks for the links man, beautiful. Now for the keys!

Wow, key servers are being dos'd with all of the hits.

Guesses on how long it takes to completely crash??? :D

yeah im dlin , just need a key like everyone else says, otherwise i dont feel like messing with some third party hack software to activate it.

Everyone went nuts for Google chrome, just imagine what's going on for Win7 beta right now :eek:

Now I am being dropped from the DL servers.... My god what did they expect?

only Microsoft can fudge this up, its common sense that a ton of people were going to DL this, they should have been ready for days.

I dont know if they anticipated this kind of demand though. The Vista beta had only 2.5 million or so keys also, but it took nearly a month to get rid of them. Right now, every website I'm reading has people looking for it. There's been an unbelievable amount of hype for a MS operating system..

Well, it disconnected at 700 megs. Man this is a pain in the ASS!!!

MS must of pulled the plug once they saw people downloading it.

I dont know if they anticipated this kind of demand though. The Vista beta had only 2.5 million or so keys also, but it took nearly a month to get rid of them. Right now, every website I'm reading has people looking for it. There's been an unbelievable amount of hype for a MS operating system..

I know, it's as if this were an Apple product launch :p

Back