VisionTek Bankrupt, PNY Selling Graphics & Memory Business?

HardOCP News

[H] News
We have a couple unconfirmed stories from the rumor mill for you guys that are just too juicy to pass up. First of all, a little birdie told us that PNY is actively shopping around trying to sell off its graphics card division as well as its memory business. According to our sources, they aren’t the only graphics card maker having a hard time right now either. Rumor also has it that VisionTek may be filing for bankruptcy soon too. We do not have confirmation on either story yet but, as you might expect, we are following up on both stories and we will get back to you with any updates and information as soon as we have it.

I thought it was weird that VisionTek was only ATI now. I got the old VisionTek XTASY GeForce 3 Ti 200 AGP from them and loved it. Times change I guess. sad seem them go if they do.

VisionTek pulled a lot of shenanigans before going ATI only. :p At least we got BFG out of that mess many years ago.

boo. well less companies to look at RIGHT? although i like how they offer a variety of memory and cards they will be missed.

wasn't a big fan of visiontek and never touched it.

PNY was a big agp manufacturer. i love me 5200fx agp

If PNY gets out of the memory market, what will they be selling? :confused:

I have a couple of their flash drives and they work great. Bought a PNY GTX260, and it was DOA so I can't say I'll miss that, probably just a fluke, but hard to stick with them when there is BFG, EVGA, XFX, etc to choose from.

Doh. The only reason I bought a Visiontek graphics card was because of their lifetime warranty.

When Visiontek was building Nvidia cards they burned me so bad I will never forgive them. It's a long story full of lies and deceit. I spit on you Visiontek I hope you disappear just like your lifetime warranty did.

My RMA was so bad with Visiontek that I didn't want to buy a new video card with them. Thank god for XFX a few months later.

I thought it was weird that VisionTek was only ATI now. I got the old VisionTek XTASY GeForce 3 Ti 200 AGP from them and loved it. Times change I guess. sad seem them go if they do.

Scratch the last part I have no idea what the hell i'm talking about I only bought that one card and VisionTek X1300 ATI Radeon 256mb PCI (the most stupid purchase I've ever made considering the damn price even at Walmart's clearance and its a damn 256mb PCI fucking card):p

as far as PNY I haven't bought memory from them in years and that would be odd that they would get rid of the memory business. Its like how IBM is now a shell of its former self.

Dumping all VisionTek support for ATI product on VisionTek was a HUGE HUGE HUEG telltale sign

Scratch the last part I have no idea what the hell i'm talking about I only bought that one card and VisionTek X1300 ATI Radeon 256mb PCI (the most stupid purchase I've ever made considering the damn price even at Walmart's clearance and its a damn 256mb PCI fucking card):p

as far as PNY I haven't bought memory from them in years and that would be odd that they would get rid of the memory business. Its like how IBM is now a shell of its former self.

You're not alone :(

guess i wont be able to send my old ti200 back to pny for a 7th or 8th replacement, ive lost count

There are only two graphics card companies that earn my business: XFX and eVGA.

Fuck visiontek. Fuck 'em with rusty barbed wire! They didn't honor the lifetime warranty on my GF4 TI4600.

well, it looks like the most of you agree that VisionTek died because of there own doing.

I liked my PNY6800GT, except when they decided to not accept the warranty after i owned it for less then a year.

I remember VisionTek made my awesome Geforce 3, the king of all vid cards back in early 2001 and I was only one of a few people that could run the 3dmark2001 Nature demo and everyone one online was jealous after I posted screenshots of it.

Ahhh, I miss my early computing years, good times.

To be honest, I hope PNY goes under. I had a very bad dealing with them over a T200 that I returned for an RMA. I sent in a 128meg, 128bit retail version of the card and after 2 months I finally got my replacement, a 64bit 64 meg OEM version. When I called up to find out why I was given a downgraded version, I was told thats all they had and I should be glad I was getting anything back. I spoke to two different "supervisors" who both said the same thing. So after that I swore I would never buy a PNY product again, even if they were giving away the current hot card for a buck I wouldn't buy it.

VisionTek dug their grave with me a long time ago when I had to shell out the dough to replace failed video cards when they wouldn't honor warranty.

PNY on the other hand has great flash drives, of which I own 4.. Haven't used any of their RAM so I can't comment.

When Visiontek was building Nvidia cards they burned me so bad I will never forgive them. It's a long story full of lies and deceit. I spit on you Visiontek I hope you disappear just like your lifetime warranty did.

for me i had an x800Pro i think , it went bad, took almost 2 months for an RMA but in the end they sent me an x1900XT, but i was still upset it took 2 dam months!

This isn't the Visiontek from the old days guys (when Geforce 3's and Athlon 1.4 Ghz roamed the earth). The original Visiontek that made nVidia cards eventually closed and sold it's name. Remnants of that company grew and formed into what we now call BFG. The new owners of the name Visiontek and kinda sat on the name for a while until years later brought out Videocard from ATI, I believe they started up durring the Radeon x1900 days, with lowend cards like the x1300. It's a differtent company from the one that sold you your Geforce 3 and 4's.. I think it'll be sad to see another vid card company go. I hope this rumor isn't true.

Same deal with PNY, I've bought, RAM, Videocard, and usb sticks, and all have been fine. I don't want to see them go, I like there stuff. it's good.

I think you would be surprised how small Diamond MM is. I used to pass by the Diamond and Best Data (same owners = Genica Corp, aka geeks.com) buildings every day. It's more like an office park warehouse + office: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...anoid=ZGD5Ki136yeZoer0NsCthw&cbp=12,96.8,,0,5

i was thinking, Diamond last i heard from them was TNT2 and the bam they are making new cards, but i recall from reviews they were that great

i think this is why , what BFG or EVGA went over to ATI cards?

bottom line is, any company who only wants to sell cards from 1 company, i think, is in for doom, it is beneficial, obvioulsy, to sell cards from both camps if they can, and both ATI and NVIDIA should be happy to have companies like BFG / EVGA selling their cards!

I don't really understand the folks saying that they had a bad experience and therefore they hope the company goes under. How selfish can you be? Less companies = less competition = less market need to drive down prices. I know EVGA and XFX have great reps but if they were all that was out there, they wouldn't be doing you any favors.

Too bad for them. They have not been lately at the level of other manufacturers, and haven't got that much attention, no wonder less cards sold and so. Always bad for the market if there will be less competition.

i was thinking, Diamond last i heard from them was TNT2 and the bam they are making new cards, but i recall from reviews they were that great

i think this is why , what BFG or EVGA went over to ATI cards?

bottom line is, any company who only wants to sell cards from 1 company, i think, is in for doom, it is beneficial, obvioulsy, to sell cards from both camps if they can, and both ATI and NVIDIA should be happy to have companies like BFG / EVGA selling their cards!

As far as I know,EVGA and BFG only make Nvidia cards.There were rumors they were going to start making ATI cards,but nothing came of it.

both companies wanted to release ATI cards, but ATI chose XFX, EVGA and BFG lost the bid, I really wanted to see BFG release ATI cards as I believe they are the only companies out there I see worth it to pay for the name.

both companies wanted to release ATI cards, but ATI chose XFX, EVGA and BFG lost the bid, I really wanted to see BFG release ATI cards as I believe they are the only companies out there I see worth it to pay for the name.

That's incorrect. They already denied ever going to AMD. AMD was the one that tried to get them and they didn't accept.

I've owned a few PNY cards and never had a failure but I've heard some horror stories when it came to PNY's (non existent) customer support. I still remember my Geforce 3 ti200, great card.

Diamond was the first brand high end card i ever bought. The diamond Monster 3d voodoo 1. I dont know if it is the same company as i thought they went under years ago. all of a sudden they come back recently. Are they like what visiontek did?

Not against it if they market both cards honestly with good RMA procedures. Visiontek was always small time to me. Competition is good because it weeds out the bad companies.

Back