Windows 7 for Students Only $29.99

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are a college student you can get Windows 7 for $29.99. Hit the link, enter you school e-mail address (or alternative proof), plop down $29.99 and you are all set.

For a limited time, eligible college students can get the sweetest deal on Windows 7 - for only $29.99 USD. That’s less than most of your textbooks! Hurry -- offer ends January 3, 2010 at 12:00 am CST.

Someone also mentioned something about being able to get Professional through the same offering, they didn't mention how they just that it was $45. Extra $15 well worth it.

i am gettting professional it is the same price 29 dollars. when you enter your email and get verified and follow the link given in your email. it will take you to the home premium screen. but right below it, it will say,"need to join your schools domain name" than it will allow you to order windows 7 professional. for the same price, it is a steal if you ask me. I am gonna order it now.

IEEE membership comes with MSDNAA with 10 W7Pro licenses for ~$30 total
If the ACM deal comes back to life that's 8 W7Pro licenses for ~$20.

These ARE non-academic full retail versions according to the FAQ page. I also received the option to get the Professional version for $29.99. For an additional $13 (this includes shipping) you can get a physical copy of the installion kit. Unfortunately for Newegg I just canceled my $100 pre-order.

Is the OS already on my system required for installation? The last Windows I bought was Vista 32-bit and I'm on Windows 7 RC 64-bit now. I just hope it won't cause problems if I have to pop in Vista 32, then upgrade.

Is the OS already on my system required for installation? The last Windows I bought was Vista 32-bit and I'm on Windows 7 RC 64-bit now. I just hope it won't cause problems if I have to pop in Vista 32, then upgrade.

Stolen from GadgetLite

windows-vista-to-seven-upgrade-chart-490x668.png

Nice, shame it is windows 7 home (Suck) edition.

Yep, I am from the old school of any home version of windows is auto considered complete garbage.

Nice, shame it is windows 7 home (Suck) edition.

Yep, I am from the old school of any home version of windows is auto considered complete garbage.

You missed the posts saying that you can order Pro too!

And thanks realrena, the option to install on an OS-less computer is much more convenient :).

looks like I'll have to call up my little sister and ask her to get me a copy through school.

I wonder if teachers can take advantage of this? I do have a school email address. :D
I wouldn't mind a second copy for my laptop, even if it is the home edition.

Awesome! Canceled my newegg preorder, saved $70!

Don't really care for the physical media anyway. Everyone and his brother already has the Retail ISO.

Well, I just ordered the Professional and it cost the same $30 following the instructions from one of the top posters in this thread.

I am really excited about this. Maybe I will be able to go ahead and put W7 on my netbook afterall...

How do they check your provided "proof of enrollment" ?

.edu email account that you get when your an active student. Not their fault that some schools have .edu accounts that function while you are not a student.

.edu email account that you get when your an active student. Not their fault that some schools have .edu accounts that function while you are not a student.

"You must be a student at a U.S. educational institution and must be actively enrolled in at least 0.5 course credit and be able to provide proof of enrollment upon request"

That's why I asked...

this makes me evil... I could not get JACK for free or even dirt cheap while in school. Now we are in a recession and I can barely stay afloat and MS pulls this. Can a guy ever get a break? (pays out the nose for school loans)

Tell me about it, I paid for class only to get an email a month later that I owed more money cause the rates went up after I paid.

Can you do an install if the PC has no O/S on it? I see some people saying you can but then what is the point of the full version of Windows7 when you can just do it with the upgrade version.

yeah I need to know this too, can I install this if I don't already have XP or Vista?

check your schools MSDN AA too ours has Pro RTM on it for free

Can you do an install if the PC has no O/S on it? I see some people saying you can but then what is the point of the full version of Windows7 when you can just do it with the upgrade version.

Download the RTM, and install it without activating. When you get to the desktop after all your drivers are finished installing for the first time, just activate windows with the key they give you.

Sell my .edu and my time for 20 bucks :D :p

If only i was a school administrator at a college think how much i could make :p

How many activations is this? If I format my drive and reinstall it, can I call them and reactive my account?

Back