AMD and NVIDIA Fighting On Twitter

HardOCP News

[H] News
I had a totally different noon hour news post for you guys today until I stumbled across this epic Twitter battle between NVIDIA's Igor Stanek and AMD’s Ian MCNaughton. I recommend opening both their Twitter pages and scroll down them simultaneously. I’m amazed that neither company has stepped in and stopped the festivities. :eek:

@Igor_Stanek Please read my posts more carefully before you blatantly Troll around Twitter - I stated "We provided the Dev with a solution"

@IanMcNaughton Enough. You failed to show any proof and all your arguments are baseless with only one reason to cover lame AMD dev support.

Good......I can feel....your anger.........

Emperor-Palpatine.jpg

gotta say, that nvidia guy uses practically his whole first page to bash amd/ati in some way or another....the amd/ati guy doesn't say hardly anything...any nothing against nvidia....

that's just plain petty:

"# Anandtech about OpenCL. Looks like NVIDIA is only one company supporting OpenCL on all former GPUs since G80. We care about our customers.about 19 hours ago from TweetDeck

# AMD between top 10 companies with highest probability of bankruptcy. http://bit.ly/a3q9J. Be shareholder of AMD must be a real pain.about 22 hours ago from TweetDeck

# Hexus about GTC. http://bit.ly/1fy2Gq Cool summary I can recommend . Some very funny quotes about AMD. Nice job from Silvieabout 23 hours ago from TweetDeck

# AMD is spreading FUD about Fermi. More on BSN : http://bit.ly/4beGSk. Looks like someone is really scared :)8:36 AM Oct 6th from TweetDeck "

...maybe he should focus more on his own company....last i heard their fermi tech isn't even running yet...

We need an official statement from Eidos.

No need. Igor posted a Fud article that speaks for Edios. And we all know Fud is never wrong or biased. :)

Nvidia is just trying to show they are still a viable option until Fermi comes out. Just wish Igor would not attempt it in a childish manner.

No need. Igor posted a Fud article that speaks for Edios. And we all know Fud is never wrong or biased. :)

Nvidia is just trying to show they are still a viable option until Fermi comes out. Just wish Igor would not attempt it in a childish manner.

Maybe AMD should ask NV why they purposely disabled PhysX in their drivers when the rendering card isn't Nvidia... ;)

Hm Igor's Tweet page, is just really sad right now. Not very professional.
# Mafia 2 on NVIDIA next gen GPU Fermi launch as example of advance gaming physics. http://pic.gd/3744fb3:10 PM Oct 4th from TweetDeck
But all I see is 2 very poor presentation photos, am I missing something?

Fermi is by far the best chip NVIDIA ever created. Pity I cannot tell more. I can't wait to show some real perf numbers. Poor AMD guys :)

haha of course it will be the best chip Nvidia has ever created that's usually what every next generation of chips do.

btw when is your next chip coming out?

haha of course it will be the best chip Nvidia has ever created that's usually what every next generation of chips do.

btw when is your next chip coming out?

That and what happens if it turns out to be GeForce FX part deux?

This is why proclaiming supremacy with unreleased and untested hardware is stupid. Wonder who will end up with egg on their face after this? Only NV is putting themselves in the middle of the bullseye...

gotta say, that nvidia guy uses practically his whole first page to bash amd/ati in some way or another....the amd/ati guy doesn't say hardly anything...any nothing against nvidia....

that's just plain petty:

"# Anandtech about OpenCL. Looks like NVIDIA is only one company supporting OpenCL on all former GPUs since G80. We care about our customers.about 19 hours ago from TweetDeck

# AMD between top 10 companies with highest probability of bankruptcy. http://bit.ly/a3q9J. Be shareholder of AMD must be a real pain.about 22 hours ago from TweetDeck

# Hexus about GTC. http://bit.ly/1fy2Gq Cool summary I can recommend . Some very funny quotes about AMD. Nice job from Silvieabout 23 hours ago from TweetDeck

# AMD is spreading FUD about Fermi. More on BSN : http://bit.ly/4beGSk. Looks like someone is really scared :)8:36 AM Oct 6th from TweetDeck "

...maybe he should focus more on his own company....last i heard their fermi tech isn't even running yet...

I just about to post the same thing. I'm suprised nVidia is letting this guy make them look bad.

AND is clearly in the lead here so let Nvidia cry, it only makes them look WORSE lol :p

Round 2:
Igor tosses ATi broken Rage Pro cards at Ian
Ian fires back with an overheating slow overpriced FX5800

I agree the whole thing is childish. But really, it is childish on both sides. ATI has been pushing their agenda through blog sites, tech sites and gossip columns for a long time. Recently they started leaking stuff about fake GPUs which really isn't news at all. I hardly know any companies that take real hardware to let press agents handle. They usually have the real hardware in a controlled area for the actual demo. Then of course there is all the blather coming out of Charlie's mouth on Semi-Accurate fueling all the ATI fanboys out there. Now you have Igor posting all the stuff to rile up all the Nvidia fanboys. Just seems like the same old, same old.

Still the funniest is Steve's quotes of them. Igor says what Ian said and Ian says what Igor said...

The NV guy is being a dick, but AMD is fighting on another front. AMD is paying Charlie (his sole advertiser) to distribute it's FUD.

Both companies need to keep entertaining us. Sadly, because this is getting press, I wouldn't be surprised to see NV drop the hammer on employees issuing controversial tweets.

Well when we see some cards and benchmarks maybe we'll believe NV... However given recent activities... I'll be sat here with a jar of salt...

Both of them are acting stupid, but the nV rep's twitter page reads like some attention starved teenagers myspace page, not an adult. I take what marketing men say with a grain of salt tho, they're paid to fud whatever they can to sell something.

Well when we see some cards and benchmarks maybe we'll believe NV... However given recent activities... I'll be sat here with a jar of salt...

Me too. I don't know what is more pitiful, nV or the chumps that keep buying their cards. Besides, didn't nV just toss in the towel?

Ya Nvidia's claims about fermi's performance is SALT because it's Nvidia's new tech. If it were AMD's tech, it would be gospel by now. Please shut it already. /sigh

The knives are out bigtime these days, especially with Charlie's Demerjian recent ridiculous article. I can't remember the last time it was this nasty, haha.

Ya Nvidia's claims about fermi's performance is SALT because it's Nvidia's new tech. If it were AMD's tech, it would be gospel by now. Please shut it already. /sigh

No, it's salt becuase there is no proof of existing piece of hardware, the only one showed was a dummy piece of PCB with cut end and shiny cooler screwed on top of it...

I can also say i made a graphics card which is 2x more powerfull than HD5870. Will you believe me ? No. Then why do you believe NVIDIA who didn't show anything yet ?

No, it's salt becuase there is no proof of existing piece of hardware, the only one showed was a dummy piece of PCB with cut end and shiny cooler screwed on top of it...

I can also say i made a graphics card which is 2x more powerfull than HD5870. Will you believe me ? No. Then why do you believe NVIDIA who didn't show anything yet ?

You are seriously asking why I wouldn't believe you, a nobody on the internet, and not Nvidia? God you aren't serious are you? Lets see Nvidia (NVDA) a publicly traded company, a company with a PROVEN track record of making cutting edge GPU's for years, and a company worth millions to say the least. Need I really go on?

Now I'm not saying companies don't stretch the truth, of course they do, but you really think nvidia won't have a new piece of hardware out in the next few months? K tell ya what I have a bridge for sale in brooklyn you interested? LOL you guys really make me laugh sometimes. In your attempt to bash another company you will look for and try to find anything fucking thing to back up your retarded argument.

By the way why don't I see an edit button all of a sudden anywhere? Is it just me? Odd.

It just proves that both sides are short on maturity. Some people never grow up. Fighting on Twitter is pretty low. Both should be embarrassed. :(

Lets see Nvidia (NVDA) a publicly traded company, a company with a PROVEN track record of making cutting edge GPU's for years, and a company worth millions to say the least. Need I really go on?

This quote is awesome, I love it, although I don't think your logic or reason will get you too many points in a fanboy flamefest.

Back