AMD and NVIDIA Fighting On Twitter

Lets see Nvidia (NVDA) a publicly traded company, a company with a PROVEN track record of making cutting edge GPU's for years, and a company worth millions to say the least. Need I really go on?

Do you really believe anything NVIDIA says ? Do you really believe they will have Fermi ready for launch at end of november when all they got now (if their statements are true) is a prototype they didn't want to show because it's full of wires across the card ? Hell, if they would have the card done and they would start the mass production now they would have big problems shipping them in time.

And about performance - R600 was a monster by the paper numbers too. :)

Do you really believe anything NVIDIA says ? Do you really believe they will have Fermi ready for launch at end of november when all they got now (if their statements are true) is a prototype they didn't want to show because it's full of wires across the card ? Hell, if they would have the card done and they would start the mass production now they would have big problems shipping them in time.

They said they will, so what's the problem here ?
If it doesn't arrive then, it means that they in fact lied. Why are you already assuming that they lied, when we aren't there yet ?

This is somewhat like all the "Charlie support", where some people take what Charlie says about NVIDIA's products as much more reliable, than NVIDIA's own info on the products they are the creators of...That notion means a brain core dump right there...

No one else is saying NVIDIA won't be able to release in 2009, except Charlie. He posted some bogus roadmap with D12U slated for 2010, which has some weird memory configuration of 1792 MB, which for a 384 bit memory interface, as is the case for Fermi, is quite impossible. But obviously, these people will take that as true, without even reading it. The other interesting thing about that roadmap is that it appeared after CJ (@ B3D forums) speculated on what he thought NVIDIA would do next. All of this shows how much he knew about Fermi i.e. nothing.

You know I approach everything with a healthy amount of skepticism. However there's healthy debate and skepticism and there's people being obnoxious just to get their kicks. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what category you fit in.
I'm done with you.

This pic is halarious, and becomes more and more apt everyday, I swear...

PunchpeopleoverTCPIP.jpg

They said they will, so what's the problem here ?

They also said they will have chipsets for Socket 1156 and the result ?
http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15852/1/

So they already lied when they said they don't need DMI licence to make a S1156 chipset, why wouldn't they lie this time ? OK. Maybe they will have few Fermi cards at end of november. But expecting the GeForce cards in this year is pretty much fanboy optimism.

First of all the only schmucks really worried about nvidia missing a end of year launch are amd fanboys. Why is that exactly? I'm not worried at all. I'm not hurting for performance in any way and won't be any time soon so when fermi comes it comes. I can handle 220fps I'm cool with not getting 350fps in game. How about you?

As far as chipsets. So companies can't change their strageties ever and change their mind for fear of amd fanboys calling them liars? Rofl rofl k.

You know I approach everything with a healthy amount of skepticism. However there's healthy debate and skepticism and there's people being obnoxious just to get their kicks. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what category you fit in.
I'm done with you.

Ok, tell me what part is not true from my statements. It was the NV which said all they have is a card which is full of wires becuase they are working on it. It was NV who said they have a late November release date for Fermi and "GeForce need to wait a little longer". I hope you are clear how long it takes to deliver cards from China/Taiwan to market (no, it is not few days).

So please, say me how in the hell can they start selling cards which :
1) were not finalised few days ago
2) need few weeks (4-6 in typical situations) to travel from China to USA or Europe

PS: Calling me AMD fanboy when i have a HTPC based on ION, fileserver based on GeForce 8200 AMD board... No, i just realisticaly look at their statements, confront it with reality (for example due time which they need to get the cards from china to the market they should have alrady finished cards or they are missing their deadline - except if they are going to do a paper launch) and see that things don't fit together.

PS: Calling me AMD fanboy when i have a HTPC based on ION, fileserver based on GeForce 8200 AMD board... No, i just realisticaly look at their statements, confront it with reality (for example due time which they need to get the cards from china to the market they should have alrady finished cards or they are missing their deadline - except if they are going to do a paper launch) and see that things don't fit together.

Your right your not a fanboy your just trolling. My bad bro.

ATi beats Nvidia to market and everybody that has an ATi hard-on flips out and says Nvidia is dead. Forget the BS sources everybody, and just watch the market to see what Nvidia offers when they offer it. One company making a great product does not have to mean the other company cannot make a great product too. It shows how simple the emotional guys really are to attack companies with insults like its some sports team BS. Its technology and not a life and death situation. Its a wait and see situation, and ATi has made a great product. If anybody feels really strongly against a tech company they should really get a life or see a psychologist to work out their problems. Their feelings are most likely rooted elsewhere.

I am not talking about anyone single person but to the group of people I have seen spreading info from bad sources and behaving in an immature fashion throughout the forums. But expressing yourself is important and I don't mean to stop the discussion. Sorry if I offend anyone if they feel like I called them out. ;)

What, about 5 years ago, the best platform you could get was an AMD CPU with a Nvidia chipset and GPU. Now look at them go at each other.

Back