$1200 Titanium Mouse

HardOCP News

[H] News
Ummm, I don’t care if this damn mouse was made of solid gold, I wouldn’t pay $1200 for it. I am sure there is a limited market for something like this (Optimus Maximus owners maybe?) but beyond that, I’m not sure who would plunk down that kind of cash for a mouse.

I thought it was one of the better looking insanly expensive devices i have seen lately.

But you forgot to mention the high-quality plastic (resin)!!!!!!!

High quality plastic FTW!

Holding a block of concrete seems more comfortable than that.

Gotta love the company's name: "Intelligent Design" :D

Damn... It's not like Titanium is ridiculously expensive or anything. For crying out loud, Apple made a whole 15" notebook out of it a few years ago that sold for not much more than this *MOUSE*.

Hell, it doesn't even have that much Titanium in it! It's just a funky plastic mouse wrapped in about as much Titanium as is in my watch. (Okay, maybe my two Titanium watches plus my Titanium wedding band combined. But both watches and the wedding band totaled less than $500.)

Clearly no one at Intelligent Design ever held it in their hand. Your thumb has to rest on the gap?

hopefully someone gives it to me for christmas - i've always wanted a $1200 doorstop

...rich bastard, who won't take care of it anyway.

wait, in a few years it will come down in price.

Ha!

Just look to wall street. Goldman Sachs employees are getting an average of 500k bonus this year.

Awefull
FFS It doesn't even have incorporated battery... u have to buy 2 freaking AAA batteries for a 1200 usd mouse...

Things like this have their place. Like when someone wants you to spec a system to do something, and then goes on about wanting "the best," but are unable to articulate what they want besides the thing to look expensive enough that they feel impressed.

Add on stuff like this and the maximus, and REALLY high end displays, and redundant power supplies and other bleeding edge stuff, show them the price tag so they either listen to you, or go away.

Engrave Bang & Olufson on that puppy and it will win awards!

*all respect due to B&O for making really cool stuff, it just looked like something they would make

Awefull
FFS It doesn't even have incorporated battery... u have to buy 2 freaking AAA batteries for a 1200 usd mouse...

Lol, this is exactly what I was going to comment on.

Titanium? -check

Bluetooth? -check

High-quality plastic? - ooooOOoh check

Mind-bogglingly thoughtless/simple design? - check

$1200 price tag? -first thing we thought of

rechargeable? ...whoa...wait...what's that mean?

This is a classic, and I mean a classic case of industrial design being totally out of step with legitimate human factoring. This is what happens when you let an industrial design house design products for the sheer sake of the art of doing so vs. actually having become a functional piece of hardware. I'm sure it works, and I'm sure it works well. Well, at least it better, but this sort of nonsense has got to stop from ID houses because I personally am embarrased for whoever designed it.

I would pay $1200.

For a mouse that read my thoughts and translated them to the Computer?

What am I thinking now?

Why did they make the scroll wheel out of neodymium? Wouldn't stuff stick to it and gum it up? or is it unmagnetized neodymium? if so then why bother with the rare super magnetic material?

Google 'Intelligent Design mouse' you get a bunch of hits about a $1200 mouse.

Google 'Evolution mouse' and you get the history of the computer mouse.

I prefer Evolution to Intelligent Design any day. :p

There probably is a market for executive PC components.

And I can see a nice polished mahogany or cherry wood mouse with italian leather grips, along with matching keyboard selling in certain places. Something low key, subtle but with a touch of class.

But that mouse looks uncomfortable, 'in your face' ugly and certainly not worth $1200.

you guys have it all wrong, this is the "angry gamer mouse". Take my old roomy for example... He would go through tons of mice when gaming. He would always get mad and throw mice across the room and break them. This one you dont have to worry about that, so you are really saving money.

There has to be something cool the article isn't telling us about it...

It looks like theres only $3-5 of materials in it. $1200? Maybe they meant $120.

....i actually kinda want one, not for $1200 but maybe for $200 tops, even that is pushing it a bit.... i would defiantly buy it for $100 or less though :D

Back