Galaxy GTS 250 512mb MIR+Bing+FS - $51.69 @ Tiger

ebolamonkey

Limp Gawd
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=4843000&
sku=G458-0252&srkey=G458-0252

$149.99
-$18.30 - Bing Cashback
-$80.00 - Rebate from Galaxy
(-$1.87 Pentagon Federal Cashback CC @ 1.25% - for me, not included in the total price below :D)
-$0.00 S&H

Total: $51.69 MIR, CB

This is no where as [H]ot as the Slickdeals post for the same card sold (OOS) @ Newegg for $35 MIR but for those of you who missed it and still want it Tiger still has this item in stock.

+$17 for not being an early bird. ;)

-bing search "hdd" (turn off adblock plus) to see 12.2% cashback
-search in Tiger "G458-0252"
-paypal or Tigerdirect check out (no Google checkout if you want cashback)

Hoping the rebate comes in... Hopefully I can use the HR-03 (no rev, no GT) on this with the 9800GTX heatsinks...

$80 rebate makes me a little apprehensive, but that's a hell of a deal for a GTS 250. Thinking of picking one up for the family comp...

I got one and actually don't feel so bad about missing out on the Newegg one now. Well, I am sure there are others who don't care sales tax, but Newegg's sales tax for TN (9.25%) would of killed the original deal which makes it closer to the Tiger deal. There are various other retailers who were giving the card away for $120 or so before rebate but they did not qualify for Bing so I guess in the end everything evens out.

Hope you got a good cooler for this Galaxy as it has issues with the default HSF setup. I'm going to attempt to mount the HR-03 on it but I am not sure if it will fit. The HR-03 Rev A and GT both 'conditionally' fit the graphics card if you take off the original ramsinks and use the 9800GTX TT ramsinks so I figure it is the same with the regular HR-03. You could always crank the stock fan at 100% if you don't mind the noise. :)

Why does it require two power connections?

My old XFX GTS 250 512MB only require 1x PCI-e 6 pin.

how much does the "No Wait Rebate" option cost?

only 2 year warranty on parts (3 on labor) is kinda low. There being a Galaxy rep here is a plus though...

Why does it require two power connections?

My old XFX GTS 250 512MB only require 1x PCI-e 6 pin.

This card might be a straight up 9800GTX (not 9800GTX+, as that is a 55nm card) rebrand...

On the other hand, the TDP for a stock GTS250 is 145W... Just 5W under the capabilities of the PCIe slot and the 6pin combined.

So, in theory, this allows for bigger OC.

This card might be a straight up 9800GTX (not 9800GTX+, as that is a 55nm card) rebrand...

On the other hand, the TDP for a stock GTS250 is 145W... Just 5W under the capabilities of the PCIe slot and the 6pin combined.

So, in theory, this allows for bigger OC.

no. there are 65nm gtx+ as well. google it.

this having 2 6pins leads me to believe it's 65nm as well.

how much does the "No Wait Rebate" option cost?

only 2 year warranty on parts (3 on labor) is kinda low. There being a Galaxy rep here is a plus though...

Take the final price ($51.69) and +$80 which is $131.69. The cheapest 9800GTX is $135. The deal would of been better if you can catch the now dead Newegg one which was priced around $20 lower than Tiger but no Bing for the Egg.

Deal is still alive btw.

bah i got one from buy.com... but it's freaking me out cause... i purchased the item but haven't received any confirmation of the order ever taking place. i did receive a paypal receipt and all it said was that i sent the money to buy.com... nothing about me buying a video card... wth!

Last edited:
Bought one from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...deals&_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

$120, no bing, free shipping

Correct part number for the rebate (25SFF6HMUEXX) and Amazon is on the list of approved vendors.

An additional $10 rebate is available for not claiming the Wired subscription bringing it down to $30 but I will probably pay the premium for the no wait option.

Take the final price ($51.69) and +$80 which is $131.69.

I was asking how much the no wait option is. Not how much is 51 plus 80, but thanks for the math lesson. :D

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
bah i got one from buy.com... but it's freaking me out cause... i purchased the item but haven't received any confirmation of the order ever taking place. i did receive a paypal receipt and all it said was that i sent the money to buy.com... nothing about me buying a video card... wth!

http://www.buy.com/prod/galaxy-gefo...pci-e-2-0-directx-10/q/loc/101/210903822.html

Seems like it is sold by ANTOnline.

http://www.antonline.com/p_Galaxy--...2.0--(2)-Dual-Link-DVI--SLI-Ready-_604637.htm

Do you guys have a link to the buy.com ebay store? Can't find it. Thx.

Couldn't find the Galaxy card on Buy.com's Ebay store front. Searched the completed listings and found nothing from Buy. Check with the tax policy before purchasing as Buy.com. I'll be hit with the TN 9.25% if I buy from Buy Ebay (big if because it isn't there) so the CB is good enough to cancel that out which still makes this new one a better deal but...If I buy from Buy.com straight the difference between the two deals is like $3.

Is there really any difference between the two cards aside from the cooler?

http://www.galaxytechus.com/usa/productview.aspx?id=76

vs

http://www.galaxytechus.com/usa/productview.aspx?id=76

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

Go back to the order page and select PayPal. Then enter in the order number on the paypal invoice you received. It should show up.

$40 MIR

Best deal so far for post $35 deal without hassling with the magazine subscription. Seems like I am paying an extra $11 just for a cooler that I won't end up using.

I don't know how you figured it to be a $40 MIR

It is $80.

http://galaxytech.4myrebate.com/customer/default.aspx

offer code is: SIC-5641

SIC-5641 Galaxy $80 MIR on Galaxy GTS 250 Graphics Card (25SFF6HMUEXX) - Channel Wide - US $80.00(USD) UNITED STATES Purchased Between:
11/26/2009 and 11/30/2009

Shows the same product number as the one on Amazon (25SFF6HMUEXX). The one on Tigerdirect is product number 25SFF6HX1RUI.

Do you know of a rebate that matches up to that product code?

Only problem I see with the Amazon offer is that it may not arrive in time to meet the postmark deadline. If its getting close, I'll just cancel the order.

Go back to the order page and select PayPal. Then enter in the order number on the paypal invoice you received. It should show up.

yea just found it. the invoice number was at the bottom of the paypal page... i had figured it would of said it at the top. Yea, looks like my order went through. I don't think my bing cash back got applied cause i used the paypal checkout... cause i didn't get any confirmation either. It's been awhile since I used bing. too late to cancel the card and try again.. but owell card comes out to be like 30 bucks or something. after rebate.. still good enough for me.

in for 2 at amazon. Comes to ~$40 each shipped. If it dosent ship in the next 2 weeks i'll probably cancel the order. Just not worth it to risk the $160 in rebate.

I couldnt get the bing CB to work for buy.com this morning for some reason, and since amazon has the free shipping option (slowest) i went there.

I dont really NEED these (will replace my 4850), but I dont think we'll see GTS250 shipped for $40 again soon. And i've never gotten to play with SLI so this will expand my [H] 'ness for cheap.

I don't know how you figured it to be a $40 MIR

It is $80.

http://galaxytech.4myrebate.com/customer/default.aspx

offer code is: SIC-5641

SIC-5641 Galaxy $80 MIR on Galaxy GTS 250 Graphics Card (25SFF6HMUEXX) - Channel Wide - US $80.00(USD) UNITED STATES Purchased Between:
11/26/2009 and 11/30/2009

Shows the same product number as the one on Amazon (25SFF6HMUEXX). The one on Tigerdirect is product number 25SFF6HX1RUI.

Do you know of a rebate that matches up to that product code?

Only problem I see with the Amazon offer is that it may not arrive in time to meet the postmark deadline. If its getting close, I'll just cancel the order.

I was referring to the Amazon deal being $40 MIR FS because it is $80 rebate. Don't know what you referred to when you figured $80... Yes I did note the difference in the product codes but someone else mentioned SIC-5641 offer as mine for the Tiger one is SIC-5627.

As for the postmark you can always send it in Priority mail. :)

Does anyone know the difference between these two cards aside from the HSF?

I would bite if it wasn't for the rebate.

If it wasn't for the rebate, it would have sold out very fast.

Yes I did note the difference in the product codes but someone else mentioned SIC-5641 offer as mine for the Tiger one is SIC-5627.

As for the postmark you can always send it in Priority mail. :)

Good, always want to check your rebate requirements.

It doesn't need to arrive by the deadline, it only needs the postoffice stamping (which is the postmark) to say that day. Postoffice should postmark it the same day if you bring it in early enough (don't try it right at closing, though it might still work).

Found this from another forum:

I just spoke with a CSR from "World Wide Rebates" / the Rebate Center, about the "Channel Wide" partners of Galaxy" and Julie told me that as long as the on-line rebate form showed "Channel wide" the offer was valid no matter where it was purchased.

I got mine directly through Ant.com. $109.04 + $8.03 shipping

the Rebate Center phone # 1-800-286-9146

dunno if it helps anyone

Last edited:
how is this card compared to an ati 4850 512mb?

i think the gts 250 is slightly faster by a slim margin, no?

lame, i ordered through antonline.com via buy.com and.. after sending payment waiting some days.. found out that it's out of stock and will not get my GTS 250. Time for that refund.

I think they're roughly equal. Some benchmarks favor one over the other, so they come out about the same.

Last edited:

They trade blows depending on resolution and application

Techreport on the 1 gb versions, I assume its the same for 512 mb
In the majority of our tests, the GeForce GTS 250 proved faster than the Radeon HD 4850 1GB

Just an FYI Amazon Cancelled my order.

This is the second time I have lost out when trying to take advantage of a rebate from Galaxy. The first was the Dell website fiasco.

Edit: I tried emailing Galaxy at both email addresses on their site, but they both get bounced immediately. :-(

Last edited:
I sent in my rebate a week ago, and now my card just died(artifacts at bootup, started showing up after a hard crash while playing dirt 2). I worked it out with tigerdirect, they said they'll exchange it even though I cut out the upc for the rebate. Hopefully that works out well.

Looks to me like the starting price at tigerdirect right now is 109.99.... not 149.99. I didn't see this post earlier. Has something changed?

I canceled my order

Estimated shipping date was the 14th to the 25th. Too close to the cutoff. I know they can make extensions if you send proof of late shipment but that along with the large rebate amount and the questionable hsf made me decide to pass. My 9600GT is still serving me well though

Back