Screwed By Dell

Link works for me.

Holy Mackeral! That was a waste of paper. Why would they not just put '65' instead of typing '1' in 65 times?! Wow! :p

Cause some employee(like myself) was killing time. I would do it, only because i am pay per job and haven't got a damn computer in all day.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cause some employee(like myself) was killing time. I would do it, only because i am pay per job and haven't got a damn computer in all day.
Posted via Mobile Device

WTF i did not post via mobile device....
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Probably a function of their automated distribution system.

The individual screws are likely pre-packaged in a warehouse location as they are normally likely shipped one by one.

The computer knows how much volume in a box each screw envelope uses, so when an order comes in, it auto selects the cardboard box size (and quantity if necessary).

Then it dumps the 65 envelopes onto a conveyor from the automated warehouse location where an operator (if there even is an operator, and the system isn't completely automated) loads them into the waiting preselected (by the computer) box. A packing slip is printed and dumped in automatically, and the box goes through the "little david" brand automatic taping machine, gets a shipping label automatically applied to it and then if the conveyor doesn't go directly into the UPS truck, the first real human contact is when a guy picks up the sealed box and places it on the truck :p
Posted via Mobile Device

You got screwed! (Thank you, I'll be here all week LOL)
Posted via Mobile Device

I've gotten a shipment from Dell for 20 thethers (pieces of black string) for XT2 Tablet pens, not only did it come in a huge box, but only 1 was in there, between giant pads of foam. The box was about a foot long and 3 inches tall, the bag the tether came in was about 1cm tall and an inch long. Go DELL efficiency!
Posted via Mobile Device

Not as bad as this, but at work we've had to order mice from HP (100-200 at a time) and they would arrive in a box within a box and each mouse would be individually packaged in a padded envelope. Way to be green, HP.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not as bad as this, but at work we've had to order mice from HP (100-200 at a time) and they would arrive in a box within a box and each mouse would be individually packaged in a padded envelope. Way to be green, HP.
Posted via Mobile Device
We had the same thing happen except we order 100 mouse for kalkaska schools and they sent use 200 and we couldnt return them, Each in there own box, box box.
Big box for shipping, with box inside with mice in the box.
Posted via Mobile Device

Would it have been less wasteful to rip open the padded envelopes, tear open the baggies, then take out all the screws, and place them all in another baggie and ship that? I agree its a bit funny to see, but it looks like thats how Dells warehouse gets em.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dear trees,

Fuck You.

Sincerely, Dell
Posted via Mobile Device

What... The.. F....
Now I remember why I have 5 pounds of extra screws/clips/adapters in ONE big ass zip-lock in my basement. Am I the only one who does? Why go through Dell for something so stupid anyway?
Posted via Mobile Device

well, wonder how much was the shipping charge.
Posted via Mobile Device

FUck, the invoice probably weighed more than the screws.

GG Dell
Posted via Mobile Device

The shipping center is rated on "box volume moved", and that's why little things are over-boxed.
Posted via Mobile Device

What... The.. F....
Now I remember why I have 5 pounds of extra screws/clips/adapters in ONE big ass zip-lock in my basement. Am I the only one who does? Why go through Dell for something so stupid anyway?
Posted via Mobile Device
DING! Exactly, or, if you need that many screws why not go to the local hardware store and by a box? Most big cities probably have a screw/fastener specialty store... The one in Tacoma is called, oddly enough Tacoma Screw - you can get all sorts of odd/difficult to find fasteners/screws in that place. Would be a hell of a lot cheaper too.
Posted via Mobile Device

i applaud dell for doing this.

now the buyer will have extra cushioned boxes to send his own shit in.

in other words, these boxes will be well reused before being recycled.
Posted via Mobile Device

The one in Tacoma is called, oddly enough Tacoma Screw

Screw Tacoma would have been funnier :p

screw-taiwan.jpg

Posted via Mobile Device

What... The.. F....

Who said he bought them from Dell? Could have been part of an RMA.
Posted via Mobile Device

In their defense, they don't have bulk parts laying around in mass quantities in their shipping facilities; they get it pre-packaged from the suppliers that actually make the parts or assemble the computers and then when someone orders the parts they're shipped as they were given to Dell. Yeah, they really should have packaged them in one big box but Dell's not a hardware (nuts & bolts) manufacturer so asking for 60 bolts and expecting to get a box, lined with plastic and full of bolts just isn't gonna happen.

I would die laughing if they sent that to me.

While this is a bit absurd, its generally better to overpackage something vs underpackage it. (you reading this newegg HD dept?)

Dell wasting time, patience and money as usual. That is just plain stupid to do, hands down.

The screw comes as 1pc per qty, thus one screw per baggie. Since the system has to count each one, to be sure quantities are correct, they have to be single packed. However someone got dumb and enveloped them all.

/facepalm and /roflcopter...this is amusing.

I dont mind this one bit, sort of wish everything was shipped with that type of care....

reminds me of a time I ordered 5 2GB sticks of RAM to upgrade 5 2GB laptops that were on sale. Note the invoice and note the content of the package.

ram3.jpg

ram1.jpg

The guy who packed that box was probably going like, "Really, now? Do I really have to pack it like this?"

Back