Screwed By Dell

Azhar, how many sticks of RAM did you get? I think I counted 20 envelopes.

Yeah there was 20 sticks of RAM. I called it in and asked them if they were aware they did this, whether there was some kind of promotion going on I didn't know about and they said nope, oops! They emailed me a FedEx ticket and I shipped 15 sticks back to them. That was funny.

My boss and I were looking at each other going "did you order 20 sticks of RAM?" "no, I thought you might" "why the fuck would I order 20 sticks of RAM?" "well I didn't know if you did or not.I didn't do it!" Then we saw the invoice with Qty. marked at 5 and knew it was a blunder.

This wasn't Dell, by the way. It's a business vendor of ours we've used for years. This was the first time they messed up an order, but it wasn't that much of a mess lol

You guys clearly don't normally order replacement parts from Dell (or HP) because this is perfectly normal. For the love of all that is holy, they actually put them all in the same box this time. I've seen tiny items packed, one each, into shipping boxes 2ft cubed.

It's a shame I don't do that any more or I could start a blog with all the stupid over-packaging I used to deal with.

Back