Minnesota/Twin Citie Gamers?

[BB] Rick James

[H]ard Dawg
Hey guys,

My buddies and I get together and lan about once very 2 months or so. I'd really like to get out and game a lot more to be honest with you. I don't like going to places where you pay and then play; it just gets to large. I like the lans that are like 12 people or so; 20 max. I think it's a bit more fun being on closer teams smack talking one another.

Question is are there lan's or just guys that get together as friends and game? I'd really like to hook up with a small group that games a bit more.

I live in Farmington MN.

later guys.

Hello from a fellow Minnesota gamer... :D

I used to LAN quite a bit, but haven't for ages. I don't know a lot of people here, since I moved up here from Indy a few years ago. How far away from Inver Grove Heights is Farmington?

wtburnette said:
Hello from a fellow Minnesota gamer... :D

I used to LAN quite a bit, but haven't for ages. I don't know a lot of people here, since I moved up here from Indy a few years ago. How far away from Inver Grove Heights is Farmington?

I live about 15 mins or so from you. If your interested I'm pretty much free this weekend to play some games.

I have a few buddies that like to play as well. Maybe we could get a game going this weekend.

What do you play?

Haven't really gamed much lately. Usually play a lot of UT/UT2003/UT2004 online. Also play NWN, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight, etc. What do you and your friends usually play?

wtburnette said:
Haven't really gamed much lately. Usually play a lot of UT/UT2003/UT2004 online. Also play NWN, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight, etc. What do you and your friends usually play?

We generally play UT2004 and Vietcong with some FarCry mixed in there every now and then.

We should definatly game it up.

Heya,

I live in Minneapolis, but haven't found anyone into games.

Right now I'm playing NWN, Diablo II and Max Payne 2... none really that great for LAN party, but willing to pick up a few games for some Lan goodness :)

What's everyone thinking? Quake 3 maybe?

Oh, I got a copy of Soilder of Fortune 1 and 2 around here some where, those are both good for LAN-ing.

EDIT: I played the demo to far cry, that looks like it would be fun multiplayer wise.... is UT2004 any good?

budec said:
Heya,

I live in Minneapolis, but haven't found anyone into games.

Right now I'm playing NWN, Diablo II and Max Payne 2... none really that great for LAN party, but willing to pick up a few games for some Lan goodness :)

What's everyone thinking? Quake 3 maybe?

Oh, I got a copy of Soilder of Fortune 1 and 2 around here some where, those are both good for LAN-ing.

EDIT: I played the demo to far cry, that looks like it would be fun multiplayer wise.... is UT2004 any good?

Hey Budec what up!

Yeah UT2004 rocks for MP; it's truley awesome. FarCry is pretty fun as well; it's your 1st person shooter played in the jungle. If you give me your email add we can correspond that way. wtburnette and I have been chatting all day about games and such.

Hope to chat with you soon.

Hiya wtburnette

heh, what's that make, 3? That's a good start :D

I'll see if I can round anyone else up on a few other forums if that's cool.

What are you planning on? Weekends would work best for me

budec said:
Hiya wtburnette

heh, what's that make, 3? That's a good start :D

I'll see if I can round anyone else up on a few other forums if that's cool.

What are you planning on? Weekends would work best for me

Right now wtburnette and I are going to play some this week. If you want you can join the servers we play on. Otherwise we are going to try and get some games going sometime durng the weekends or something. Nothing set in stone; just taking it day by day. We will for sure let you know what the deal is though.

I live out in litchfield, about 45min or so from the cities.

There is a monthly lan I use to frequent in glencoe.

It is about 30 min from the cities, cost is 10$ to get in, you get to game from 6pm friday til 4pm sunday, and they have a movie theater in there...they have it posted on lanparty.com also.

I live in maple grove, go to lans every time i can. i think it would be sweet to have a hardforum lan. I only play cs and ut though. but come on, ut is the best unreal game ever.

I'll have to look into that LAN in glencoe, to see what it's about. Getting a group of us together for a MN [H] LAN party would be pretty cool. Anyone know of a place we could rent that would be big enough for up to a dozen computers or so?

@HackofDestruct, I agree. I had stopped playing UT back when UT2003 came out, but a few months ago my clan setup an original UT server for us to play on again and I have more fun playing it lately then just about anything else... :D

wtburnette said:
I'll have to look into that LAN in glencoe, to see what it's about. Getting a group of us together for a MN [H] LAN party would be pretty cool. Anyone know of a place we could rent that would be big enough for up to a dozen computers or so?

@HackofDestruct, I agree. I had stopped playing UT back when UT2003 came out, but a few months ago my clan setup an original UT server for us to play on again and I have more fun playing it lately then just about anything else... :D

You rent out a suite at a hotel, or, rent out the legion, or, the fair grounds, I got a buddy that has organized some lans, and, them are the palces he has had them.

A school gym could work, if there was internet, air conditioning, they have plenty of chairs and tables, and they should let ya have at it for free since, afterall, tax dollars do pay for it.

Glencoe has seating for like 50 people, completly switched network, chairs, couches, pool table...I use to go, but, I have not realy been in the mood for a lot of gaming latly...

sc0tty8 said:
I use to go, but, I have not realy been in the mood for a lot of gaming latly...

Exactly how I've felt lately. I've been burnt out for the last 6 months or so. I'm hoping getting together with some local gamers will help. Also, hopefully Doom3 will be all it's been purported to be and that might help as well.

wtburnette said:
Exactly how I've felt lately. I've been burnt out for the last 6 months or so. I'm hoping getting together with some local gamers will help. Also, hopefully Doom3 will be all it's been purported to be and that might help as well.

I pretty much got off the gaming kick last fall when I found out hl2 was delayed yet again, along with doom3, it was a big let down, but, I am hoping that when d3 comes, I will get back into the grind. Me and a few other people may be getting together in my basement for a small lan party if I ever get enough ambition to do some cleaning...been awhile since I had a lan down there...

what we should do it get (the guys who have posted in this thread so far) the guys email addresses and make a little distrobution and email each other once in a while and update each other on the lans each of are thinking about hosting or lan parties others are looking at attending and kind of go to these events as a group or something. Playing with guys that you know and play well with makes all the difference in the world ya know.

I'm willing to host a few lans at my place and the Glencoe thing isn't out of the question either.

What are you guys thoughts?

The area I have for gaming isn't very big, but I'd be willing to host something small. I think if we moved things around a little I could probably accomodate between 4 - 6 players at my casa. We could also look into finding somewhere central to everyone to host something as well, if we get a bigger group together. I don't game a lot, but LAN parties are definitely the best part of gaming and I'd definitely be willing to get together on occasion to frag... :D

wtburnette said:
The area I have for gaming isn't very big, but I'd be willing to host something small. I think if we moved things around a little I could probably accomodate between 4 - 6 players at my casa. We could also look into finding somewhere central to everyone to host something as well, if we get a bigger group together. I don't game a lot, but LAN parties are definitely the best part of gaming and I'd definitely be willing to get together on occasion to frag... :D

Dude i just text messaged you! I'm goign to play some UT if you want to join and play. I'm going to play now.

what urreal server are you playing on? I'll install it now :D

also picked up Quake III for like $10

[BB] Rick James said:
Dude i just text messaged you! I'm goign to play some UT if you want to join and play. I'm going to play now.

Sorry dude, just checking posts before heading to bed. Us old farts need our sleep ya know. 4:30am comes WAY too early... :p

wtburnette said:
Sorry dude, just checking posts before heading to bed. Us old farts need our sleep ya know. 4:30am comes WAY too early... :p

That's cool man! I'll shoot ya an email tomorrow!

Later dude!

Where's Glencoe from Minneapolis? north/south, how many miles? I'll willing to drive it as long as it isn't 3-4 hours.

I could host something small in my pad 5-6 people (but don't have any tables)... I live right downtown. They also have a party room here that can be rented out for like $100 bucks or so for the night (I can check the exact amount if anyone is intrested), if we have a bunch of people (10 or more) that's $10 a peice for 12+ hours of fragging. I'm thinking we could probably fit atleast 15 in there, maybe 20 or 25.

BTW, played UT2K4 most of last night and that's a very well build game. Easy to learn and has some cool stuff in it like double clicking to 'dodge', that's a great feature. :D

budec said:
Where's Glencoe from Minneapolis? north/south, how many miles? I'll willing to drive it as long as it isn't 3-4 hours.

I could host something small in my pad 5-6 people (but don't have any tables)... I live right downtown. They also have a party room here that can be rented out for like $100 bucks or so for the night (I can check the exact amount if anyone is intrested), if we have a bunch of people (10 or more) that's $10 a peice for 12+ hours of fragging. I'm thinking we could probably fit atleast 15 in there, maybe 20 or 25.

BTW, played UT2K4 most of last night and that's a very well build game. Easy to learn and has some cool stuff in it like double clicking to 'dodge', that's a great feature. :D

Yeah the game is tight! I can host at my place as well; I've hosted up to 20 in my garage and stuff. I have tables and such so I've got us covered there; what I don't have is the chairs.

Glencoe is about 45 - 1:15:00 west of the cities off highway 212/5.

I could do 9-12 people at my place pretty easy, it is just the woman factor, she told me last night i am too old for gaming, 22 is not too old :eek:

We could all get together at glencoe some time. I will have to get ahold of the guy that runs it and see what kind of turn out they are having and what games they are playing. I generally leave my computer there over night and go home and shower/sleep then come back.

edit:

We could just get a bunch of us together, and, rent out the basement, I think it is like 50$ for a weekend, and, would be cheaper to go that route, if you figure 12-15 people, it will be a lot cheaper, plus, then we would not have to fight for chairs and such.

If anyone is interested, I can get some more details.

Either one sounds good to me... I could make the trip to either place... you want to get a small group together this weekend so we could work out any "bugs" then throw a bigger one this after we get the basic stuff sorted out?

I have 2 switches (between em, think I can get 20 ports out of em)... should have a ton of CAT5 cables around here some where. Also my "gaming" rig is a dual AMD MP 2200+, so I could run a server if needed (since most games don't use the second proc) if there isn't a dedicated server avaiable. Only have 1 power strip though.

We should download the lastest patches and any mods/maps we want to run, either file share em out or put em on CDs so we don't have to wait for people to download a bunch of stuff from the interweb.

Want to shoot for this weekend or is that to short notice? We could try for next if that would be better for everyone.

budec said:
Either one sounds good to me... I could make the trip to either place... you want to get a small group together this weekend so we could work out any "bugs" then throw a bigger one this after we get the basic stuff sorted out?

I have 2 switches (between em, think I can get 20 ports out of em)... should have a ton of CAT5 cables around here some where. Also my "gaming" rig is a dual AMD MP 2200+, so I could run a server if needed (since most games don't use the second proc) if there isn't a dedicated server avaiable. Only have 1 power strip though.

We should download the lastest patches and any mods/maps we want to run, either file share em out or put em on CDs so we don't have to wait for people to download a bunch of stuff from the interweb.

Want to shoot for this weekend or is that to short notice? We could try for next if that would be better for everyone.

This weekend might actually work for me... It would have to be Saturday though. Hmmm... What's your phone number? PM me it and I'll PM you mine. I have a friend or two that might want to get together this weekend.

cool, I'll PM you my number on MSN tonight when I get off work, around 6:00-7:00 PM CNT.

(can't chat at work :eek: )

sc0tty8 said:
I could do 9-12 people at my place pretty easy, it is just the woman factor, she told me last night i am too old for gaming, 22 is not too old :eek:

No doubt! I'm 37 and I still game! ;)

Okay, okay. Well, "Grandpa" will try to find his way over this weekend for the fragfest. Hopefully I'll be able to make it... ;)

I am over in Shakopee
willing to go to the Glencoe or any were in the twin cities to do a little gamin, i will try to stop back in the thread some time and see what and where

or PM me :)

Back