Minnesota/Twin Citie Gamers?

insaneman37 said:
Hello, another MN person here. Well, actually, only during the school year. The rest of the year I reside at home in MI.

Anyways, wtburnette, you may recognize me by my name from the days back over at AXP, which we've all abandoned now for better places.

A little about myself. I'm a 20 (21 in less than a month) senior in college. I'm also a reviewer at www.fastlanehw.com. I'm down here in New Ulm, but a drive up to the area of the cities wouldn't be a problem for me. I consider that a short drive.

I've only been to one real LAN party. The other one I went to was at a friends house long ago and was very disorganized. I should be at a LAN in PA right now, but from school, it's too long of a drive. From home in MI, it's not bad, only an 11 hour drive.

So, I'd be up for an occasional LAN party, time permitting and permitting I can get time off from work, as I work the weekends and have just been promoted to supervisor over all the college students who work there.

Hey man!

We are having a lan this upcoming weekend on the 4th of September; not sure if you able to attend but you are more then welcome to join us. PM if you are interested and I'll get you the information you need.

[BB] Rick James said:
Hey man!

We are having a lan this upcoming weekend on the 4th of September; not sure if you able to attend but you are more then welcome to join us. PM if you are interested and I'll get you the information you need.

Not sure if I can make it this weekend, but if I can, I'll certainly shoot you a PM.

I'll really try guys, I got back from some family business a little bit ago and I'm moving into a new place starting wednesday.

Awesome guys let me know. It sounds like we are going to have a really nice sized group this time around. Should be a really good gaming weekend.

insaneman37, good to see ya dude. A lot of us from AXP went over to our clan site, shamikaserver.com, you should drop by and say hello. You'll see a lot of familiar names over there... ;)

About LAN parties, it would be cool for ya to attend. We're always looking for new gamers in the area... :D

wtburnette said:
insaneman37, good to see ya dude. A lot of us from AXP went over to our clan site, shamikaserver.com, you should drop by and say hello. You'll see a lot of familiar names over there... ;)

About LAN parties, it would be cool for ya to attend. We're always looking for new gamers in the area... :D

Yeah, I do a little lurking over at SS, but always forget to sign up. There are a bunch of us over at HardwareHelix.com. And I know some visit both SS and HH.

I'm still not sure if I'll be able to come this weekend. Not sure what's going on here yet or if I can even afford to spend the money for gas. (Broke college student making car payments, and I won't get my first paycheck from my job at school for a couple weeks.) Perhaps I can get my sister to pay me back some of the money she owes me.

Well hey we'd love to have ya. Just PM me if you are able to attend and I'll set you up with directions. :)

Sorry guys, I can't make it this weekend. My stepson is home with us and we just got home from vacation. We're planning to head to the MN State Fair Saturday with the family of one of my stepson's friends. Hopefully I'll be able to attend the next one... :(

Nate, go ahead and keep those chairs until the next time I see ya. Sounds like you'll need them this weekend... ;)

It was a pretty good lan. We played Vietcong the entire night. People started rolling in around 12:00pm and stayed and gamed until about 1:00am. There was a ton, TONE of fragging going on. It was great!! Tons of trash talking and tons of soda consumed.

My team started out very strong; dominating the first 2 games; after that though it was history for us. We fell apart and lost every game from there on out. We'd hang with them in the games and we were very competetive but we just couldn't seem to get a couple of crucial flag captures. (BTW we played CTF all night)

All in all it was a good lan! To bad you couldn't make it man! Oh well there will always be more lans! :)

How was the weekend for you? You went out of town didn't you?

We had planned to go to the State Fair, but our neighbors had already gone, so we had them over for a BBQ. The kids played together and the parents ate WAY too much food and drank a lot of beer... :D

Hope to get to another LAN sometime... ;)

wtburnette said:
We had planned to go to the State Fair, but our neighbors had already gone, so we had them over for a BBQ. The kids played together and the parents ate WAY too much food and drank a lot of beer... :D

Hope to get to another LAN sometime... ;)

Oh yeah there will probably be another one in October actually. That should give Half Life 2 enough time to show it self. We basically played Vietcong all night; it was a blast! I'd like to find another game though; it's becoming the same old same old; especially with the maps. Vietcong is a great game though. Half Life 2 should be pretty cool MP I would think; or do you have to buy Counter Strike in order to get the MP options? I sure hope not!! I'm pretty excited for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. as well. That game should bring some cool MP options for us. Right now I'm working on getting Conflict Vietnam. I think it just came out last week or the week before if I'm not mistaken. I'll fire that up once i have it and see what it has to offer. I've got a game called Soldner but I can't get the damn thing to work right.... It loads but then just stalls and won't go any further. Oh well. Well I'm off to the store to pick up Conflict Vietnam. Hopefully this game will prove to be pretty sweet.

Later.

Ahh I'm sorry I missed it guys, I've been moving into a new place since Sept 1st. I also don't have cable internet yet. :(

Jake said:
Ahh I'm sorry I missed it guys, I've been moving into a new place since Sept 1st. I also don't have cable internet yet. :(

Well then, just do like me and plan to make the next one... :D

Jake said:

It's all good fellas. I'm kind of impressed by the traffic we have been getting on this thread. Lot of people have been checking it out.

[BB] Rick James said:
It's all good fellas. I'm kind of impressed by the traffic we have been getting on this thread. Lot of people have been checking it out.

yes :) *sees Email every other day and checks out thread again*

I got spanked right along side [BB] Rick James. The best part of the night was giving him his MX Duo. :cool:

Oh yeah and upgrading from a 2.4C to a 3.0C.

Hom@R said:
I got spanked right along side [BB] Rick James. The best part of the night was giving him his MX Duo. :cool:

Oh yeah and upgrading from a 2.4C to a 3.0C.

Hom@R the birthday gift of hte MX Duo rocks! :cool: I love it so far! I just wish I wouldn't have been such a noobie that night and figured out that I didn't have the drivers installed on my mobo for my USB ports; then the mouse would have ran better for me. LOL....

How is the 3.0C running? Have you made it scream yet? :D

Yeah our team started out really strong out of the gate... Then like always we stumbled the rest of the night. Oh well. The team we were playing does play that game more then us. We had some really good games but we couldn't get the captures we needed in some key points during some of the matches. All in all I had a blast at the lan. Near the end of the night though it sucked becuase our team had to be so quiet. (The neighbors new born is in the bedroom right next to the room we were playing in)

I live up in Circle Pines, I love Far Cry but havent bothered MP. I mostly play the Tom Clancy games (Raven Shield, Ghost Recon) if anyone else does. I may be up for a Far Cry LAN sometime, guess I'll check the LAN forum a little more often.

Cool. Next lan guys? I'm itching for another one already! :D

Hom@r lan status? We should have one the weekend after your birthday!

Well, I'd love to try and make it to the next LAN you guys hold, but that may not be possible. :(

I started work for the school year this past weekend. I've also been made supervisor of the college crew this year. So, whenever they have work for us on the weekend, I have to be there. Mostly because I am the only one on the college crew trained to drive forklift. So, for me to get a weekend off would be pretty much impossible.

Of course, if a LAN happens to fall on a weekend where they call us up and tell us not to come to work that weekend because they have no work for us, I may be able to come.

i live in Minnapolis/U of M/Dinkytown
let me know whats going on and i'll see if i can make it

insaneman37 said:
Well, I'd love to try and make it to the next LAN you guys hold, but that may not be possible. :(

I started work for the school year this past weekend. I've also been made supervisor of the college crew this year. So, whenever they have work for us on the weekend, I have to be there. Mostly because I am the only one on the college crew trained to drive forklift. So, for me to get a weekend off would be pretty much impossible.

Of course, if a LAN happens to fall on a weekend where they call us up and tell us not to come to work that weekend because they have no work for us, I may be able to come.

Hey dude, don't I know you from somewhere... :confused: :p

Anyhoo, what about Friday nights? Do you work then? Maybe we could get a small LAN together at my place sometime if you guys are interested. I don't have quite as much room as [BB] Rick James, but at least 4 of us or so could frag together... ;)

Hom@r lan status? We should have one the weekend after your birthday!

I think I have to go to Wisconsion that weekend, I'll check on that. We need a new game first, VC got old last time around. Maybe we can talk SmokinU into cleaning his basement and hosting again. You have to admit his old lady hooked us up with the food last time.

Hom@R said:
I think I have to go to Wisconsion that weekend, I'll check on that. We need a new game first, VC got old last time around. Maybe we can talk SmokinU into cleaning his basement and hosting again. You have to admit his old lady hooked us up with the food last time.

Oh hell yeah she hooked us up hard core. The food was sooooo good. SmokinU host it up!

Sloppy Joe's and Mt. Dew. I think we destroyed all of the chips and everything before we even got Win 98-guy :rolleyes: on the network...

Hom@R said:
Win 98-guy :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Win98 Guy. It will be 2010 and there will still be some f'ing nut sack show up at our lan with Win98 SE installed. Nothing will work for shit and someone will take the time to trouble shoot for him.

I guess atleast nobody showed up with a Gateway with Win ME and a bad NIC...

Oh and got ripped off by a family member for it....

Hom@R said:
I guess atleast nobody showed up with a Gateway with Win ME and a bad NIC...

Oh and got ripped off by a family member for it....

Not recently but it's not like we have never not ran into that scenario. LOL

Yep, had a buddy show up with an old Micron system and his new trackball and network card wouldn't work together. Spent a majority of the LAN trying to work on that issue... :(

We had Win98-Guy and Track Ball Sniper-Guy. LOL Oh and we had Dub gaffling files from Eel all night while gaming. Eel "Is anybody else lagging?", Dub *giggling like a school girl* "I am gaffling files from you".

I love LAN's!!

Hom@R said:
We had Win98-Guy and Track Ball Sniper-Guy. LOL Oh and we had Dub gaffling files from Eel all night while gaming. Eel "Is anybody else lagging?", Dub *giggling like a school girl* "I am gaffling files from you".

I love LAN's!!

Hom@R...

Don't forget about Thumper and his 15-20 FPS in C&C Renegade on his AMD K-6 450mhz...

Deester is always gaffling files from me at LAN's lol. I planned this time though...and told him..."Hey, If you are gonna gaffle files from me do it now before the LAN starts."

Hom@R said:

I love LAN's!!

Aw Win98 guy... It should be a prerequisite that we have at least one Win98 guy at all our lans.

Better then the Win98 guy is the guy that shows up at the LAN running the following: 1.2 GHz processor, Ti 4200 SE vid card and 256 ram. He then proceeds to ask "do I have the fastest pc here". That guy is the best because after someone says "no your machine blows goat n'sacks" he spends the rest of the night wondering where he went wrong with his upgrade.

I'm really surprised that "Mac" guy hasn't shown his face at our lans at all. If he evver does we will be complete.

Oh I got one for you guys. How about the nad nibbler that showed up at the last LAN without a fucking PC??? Wasn't that some shit? All he did was fucking eat our food.

Back