[H]ot Deal - 15 Sleeved 80mm fans $14.85 w/ Free Shipping @ Newegg

DevilDoc

2[H]4U
These fans are Speeze/Masscool and have 3 & 4 pin connectors attached. The end of the wire is heatshrinked, and the 'egg will throw in a Glossy Case Badge as a volume purchase bonus.

Linky

If yah look in the left hand border under the "Quantity Pricing" chart it says "15+ $0.99 ea. Free Shipping"

HiJon89 said:
By the same company, just higher CFM and lower dB, 10 for $14.90 w/ free shipping:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-150-053&depa=0

^^ 40¢ more, but they're ball bearing & 2 dBA quieter. Good deal.

[H]OT!!

I may just get 15 of 'em and distribute them across the various cases I have around.

These fans have sleeved cables and are practically silent at 5V, so install a bunch of them and just 5V them for good, quiet cooling.

they're still selling these? Good fans and about as loud at 7v as my harddrives. Push good air

could never use 15 fans, but $10 for 7 is pretty awesome as well.

instead of getting power from the +12v line and returning ground to the...well ground, you get power from the +12, ground on +5 for 7v (12-5=7) or get power from the +5 line and ground on ground. Usually (have seen exceptions) yellow is 12v, red is 5v, and black is of course ground. Some power supplies don't like this very much though

I picked up 20 for $19.80 a few months ago and they work fine, sleeves or not. If one dies, just throw another .99 fan in its place ;) Just don't stick one on top of a heatsink

or if you do, just turn on cpu temp shutdown at some reasonable temperature.

sleeve fans are generally the quietest type, they just don't last as long.

heh newegg has always had those Speeze fans for cheap, I have a stack on my shelf over here. Very good fans, decent life and fairly quiet. They are well made though.

kleptophobiac said:
or if you do, just turn on cpu temp shutdown at some reasonable temperature.

sleeve fans are generally the quietest type, they just don't last as long.

even if they dont last long, they are cheap enough to be replaced.

I've been using these fans for about a year with no problem, in 3 different systems. I've also installed them in several friends' PCs, they haven't mentioned any problems with them.

Davenow said:
Even hotter :eek:
If they moved as much air I'd pick up 15, but they move less and don't have sleeved cables, so I think I'll stick with my current stock of fans.

They're just a lower priced alternatives, not meant to be a "hotter" deal

~Adam

I bought em... Not really sure what I'll do with them, but who knows. Guess I could always build a new side panel for my case entirely out of 80mm fans :p

I too went for them. Thanks for the link! :)

I also have no idea what to do with them, but at that price I couldn't pass them up! Kind of like going to Sam's Club and buying the gallon of Mayo...I know I will never use that much before it starts growing stuff and eating things with-in its reach, but at that price you just can't pass on it. :D

I'll probably place a few in my servers so that they match up in frequencies better...

Bought a few, temperatures im my athlon 3k system are keeping below 40ºc (including the fact that I have a fanmate on my hsf)

DevilDoc said:
These fans are Speeze/Masscool and have 3 & 4 pin connectors attached. The end of the wire is heatshrinked, and the 'egg will throw in a Glossy Case Badge as a volume purchase bonus.

Linky

If yah look in the left hand border under the "Quantity Pricing" chart it says "15+ $0.99 ea. Free Shipping"

Ordered my 15. Thanks for the linkage on this hot deal!

Ax

Sweet, glad you guys are taking advantage of this one. All the props are making me all warm and fuzzy :D

Doc

Edit: I wonder, out of the 1,221 views (so far) how many people have ordered this one. I wish I could get a cut from newegg. Or at least a few fans. :cool:

just recieved mine today. its pretty quient but if can still hear them if its silent in my room.
gonna wait till i recieve my fan controller from svc until i install these and see if i can quiet them down a bit more

Should be getting mine today... Tracking number says it's on the truck and on its way to my greedy hands :)

thanks for the link...ordered mine today january 6th!! ive still got 5 or 6 of the 120mm panaflows that i picked up from the other hot deal as well....

I don't like sleeve bearing fans... they die too soon. Dual ball bearing is the way to go.

edicted said:
I don't like sleeve bearing fans... they die too soon. Dual ball bearing is the way to go.

Yeah, but like they said earlier in the post, at this price you can replace them CHEAP!!! :D

Back