[H]ot Deal - 15 Sleeved 80mm fans $14.85 w/ Free Shipping @ Newegg

Axdrenalin said:
Yeah, but like they said earlier in the post, at this price you can replace them CHEAP!!! :D

And they're quieter, ideal for HTPC fans.

Also, just for the record, I have had one full size (60mm+) fan die on me ever. I've had several Abit micro fans die, but they're shit.

I still have sleeve bearing fans on my 486 telnet box that's been running continuously for about a decade.

Just opened mine... THey seem to be real nice. Each one comes in it's own package, sleaved very cleanly, and each one includes a packet of mounting screws.

Axdrenalin said:
Yeah, but like they said earlier in the post, at this price you can replace them CHEAP!!! :D

But why spend twice the money doing that when you can spend a little more upfront and get a fan that will last longer and won't need to be replaced after 10 spins or 10 hours of operation - which ever comes first. :p

edicted said:
But why spend twice the money doing that when you can spend a little more upfront and get a fan that will last longer and won't need to be replaced after 10 spins or 10 hours of operation - which ever comes first. :p

Just because its a sleeve bearing fan doesn't mean it automatically *going* to die after a year of operation. In my 20 plus years of working on computers, I have only found three 80mm case / power supply fans that actually froze up or died, and one of those three was a BB fan. IMHO, a sleeve fan will work just as fine as a BB fan in 99% of all cases used, and last a hella lot longer than I'll have the case or equipment anyways.

You're call really. Seems you've not used that many sleeve fans in the past, you're just believing the hype. ;)

Ax

DevilDoc said:
Two months later and this deal is still on @ Newegg. Anyone have any complaints?

Nah, I've already used about half of my 15 fans and they have been working great. Well worth a $1 a fan.

Ax

Nice, 15 on their way to me. If they crap out I have a dozen more to replace it...lol

$.99 per fan.....it can't get any better than that! And they're sleeved! Saves me from having to sleeve them myself. I just ordered some for a cool mod I'm working on. What do you have to lose? If you don't have any, you need to get some!!

I bought these fans 5 months ago in a similar deal, no worries dude I haven't had one go bad nor have I heard of anyone having one go bad.

~Adam

I just got in on this deal as well. Thanks for the link. This must be an ongoing deal as it's still good.

Couldn't resist any longer ;)
Got my 15, like everyone who didn't buy more.
Should be set for a loooooooooong time as far as fans go :)
Whenever things are running a little hot, pop in another one, and problems will be solved.
Can't wait till these come in, they'll be a major part of my on-going k'nex case/ghetto w/c project :D

Soo..how many of you are going to ebay it back out for 2.00 a pop? :D

My friend ordered a bunch of these back awhile back. Very decent fans, but just a bit loud for my tastes. But at a buck each I didn't care. :p

I saw this deal the first time it was posted and I resisted. Now that someone brought it up again, I caved and got 15. Thanks to [H] for helping me spend my money!

[H]oly crap, thats insane :eek:
I would get those, but just thinking about how loud those are hurts my ears. Someone said that those delta's volumes are about equal to running your favorite blender with nothing in it :)

twyztyr said:

Hmmm...I wonder if you could make a box fan out of those by ziptieing them all together. You could power it with a cheap-o PSU that is pin modded.

I ordered 15 of these because the one fan on my mom's P2 450 burnt out. It's always good to have backups lying around!

I was thinking about building a 5x5 square of fans and hanging it from the ceiling above my desk to cool me during the summer. There's a project :)

DevilDoc said:
These fans are Speeze/Masscool and have 3 & 4 pin connectors attached. The end of the wire is heatshrinked, and the 'egg will throw in a Glossy Case Badge as a volume purchase bonus.

Linky

If yah look in the left hand border under the "Quantity Pricing" chart it says "15+ $0.99 ea. Free Shipping"

Repost, btw.. :)

kleptophobiac said:
The masscools move more CFM at the same dBA

They are also retail, individually boxed, and come with 4 case screws

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-999-031&depa=0

89 cents a piece, cable isn't nice and sleeved, no retail packaging [if you are a reseller, this is a plus] no case screws. 27cfm @ 28 dBA

vs

99 cents a piece, cable is sleeved and heatshrunk, 4 case screws, retail packaged with case screws. 31.73 cfg @ 28dBA

yeah sorry, i didn't know this thread was up already. but I ordered 15 as well. came to a total of $14.85. really good deal. (maybe i'll order another 30 really soon for as long as this deal goes one)

Back