Frosted Case

execute

n00b
Here's my frosted case mod

DSC00032.JPG

more pictures here.

that is sick. looks so much better than stock clear cases.

I'd like to see how different light colors look or to play with the shadows created on the case by the internals. bat signal? bing bong!

damn im saving those pics to my pics... thats one of the hottest cases ive seen in a whole

Very nice job there(unless you bought it like then), regardless, how did you do it? I wouldnt mind doing that to the window on my case

ATI9700Pro said:
Very nice job there(unless you bought it like then), regardless, how did you do it? I wouldnt mind doing that to the window on my case
I think it would look great in Black.

ATI9700Pro said:

Yeah? how did you do that? Frosted vinyl? Frosted Plex?

guys, i didn't buy it like that. had an old clear acrylic case lying around and decided to give it a frost effect. the trick was fairly easy, i applied frost effect stickers on it :) glad you guys like my mod! :)

Now, cut a little hole in the side of your case for LED's, then you can say its officially pimpin' =P.

You can get the same effect by using some krylon and painting the inside of the case. Was going to do a mod on a clear case I had, but sold it.Tested it out on an old piece I had laying around. Works pretty good.

execute said:
guys, i didn't buy it like that. had an old clear acrylic case lying around and decided to give it a frost effect. the trick was fairly easy, i applied frost effect stickers on it :) glad you guys like my mod! :)

<ninjaedit>
Stickers eh? I'll have to search the web to get an idea of who sells the stickers and about how much they cost. I'm thinking that I might custom cut some plexi to make an 'Antec Aria' sized version of what you did.
</ninjaedit>

Yegil said:
<ninjaedit>
Stickers eh? I'll have to search the web to get an idea of who sells the stickers and about how much they cost. I'm thinking that I might custom cut some plexi to make an 'Antec Aria' sized version of what you did.
</ninjaedit>

the brand of what i used is Frostik :) let me know when you're done, i'd like to see your mod :)

Ice Ice Baby!
Even from the pic, the case looks like its really cold inside...

I never really wanted an acrilic case til now... damn nice =)

There's a guy here who has two frosted acrylic cases like that. One for him with a green lighting scheme, and one for his son with a purple lighting scheme. He actually sanded his down though, he didn't use stickers.

Frosted case is more then good there great! LoL. Anyway looks sweet to bad the mobo stops the light on the back side.

Just use a power sander (I would say random orbit) ;)
That thing looks SWEET, though if you look at the pics, the CCFLs are kinda bright in the spot they are. Maybe extra frosting is needed on the CCFL tubes :p

Thats awesome. My friend did that as well, he used one of the clear Commando cases, and he etched it with a bit of HF.

I wonder what it would look like if someone frosted the inner side of the acrylic. Wouldn't it create a frosted/glossy effect? I might try that on a small piece of acrylic I stole from a beat-up case that was going to get junked.

If im not mistaken that what he did, sand the inside of the case (maybe light light coat of white or UV blue in this case, paint) then toss in some cold cathodes and blam icy pop comp!

soulsaver_8229

I bet that would make an excellent 'water' mod if you used a blue plasma tube!

actually, i just used frost effect stickers on the outside. if it were stuck on the inside it would make a different effect and i didnt really like it that much but you guys can go ahead and see it for yourself! :)

I was considering doing something almost like this. I am going to buy a cheap acrylic case and put tribal stickers on places on it, or just put tape all over in certain designs, then sand blast it. peel off the stickers and you have some neat tribal designs and a frosted case.

sorry, but I had to bump this, I would really like to know how this was done and how it could be replicated, that is awesome.

swap the blue ccfl's for white. then you'll be as cool as Mr. Cool Ice

one of the sickest mods i've seen in a while. given how easy it seems, maybe i'll give it a shot this summer.

That looks great. I never really liked the look of acrylic cases, but the "frost" effect has a nice glow to it. :) Sweet

Back