My new watercooled SLI 3700+ San Diego @ 2.95 stable!

managerman

Limp Gawd
This is one nice chip....still trying to get to 3.0......looks like I will need a bios fix for the MSI platinum sli board to get vcore past 1.48....Has anyone had vcore issues with San Diego and the MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI?? I am using the original 3.0 bios...

-M

Link to watercooling post...

(cf)Eclipse said:
3ghz is very ambitious on water, especially if you top out at 1.5v

It is stable on prime 95 for 6 hours (then I stopped the test) at 2.95ghz....at 1.48v

When I go to 3.0...It is not stable....I am hoping to get the board to give me 1.6v...Need to test whether the memory has topped out or the processor....

Matt

wow, i definitly missed that part.. jesus. why aren't you in the OC database then? :p

if you can do 2.95 with 1.48v, i suspect that you have at least 100mhz left in it. :eek: :D

edit: also, memory doesn't really limit an overclock. just drop the memclock to "166mhz (5:6)" or lower ;)

(cf)Eclipse said:
wow, i definitly missed that part.. jesus. why aren't you in the OC database then? :p

if you can do 2.95 with 1.48v, i suspect that you have at least 100mhz left in it. :eek: :D

edit: also, memory doesn't really limit an overclock. just drop the memclock to "166mhz (5:6)" or lower ;)

(cf)Eclipse,

Just posted to the database...thanks!

-M

well, it's official.
CABHE > CABGE for san diego cores. as long as CABID doesn't go downhill like CBBID did for winchester, we're set.

i must congratulate you.. 2.95ghz on air is quite impressive. :D

It should be every bit as possible on air cooling as well. The temperature of the chip makes no difference if it's within spec-- it'll overclock to whatever speed it's capable of at 75C as well as it would at 22C. Now, it's things like putting the chip at -50C that makes a difference by actually decreasing the resistance within the chip (see: phase change cooling, TECs). Liquid cooling just means you get the performance along with quiet.

Given that Venices are reported to hit 900 MHz past their ratings on stock cooling and voltage (and only have a slightly lower TDP) I doubt that he couldn't achieve this with a CNPS7000 or Thermaltake Silent Boost.

hey don't diss my silent boost!! hehe j/k..even though I threw a thermaltake smartfan2 on it.... alot better than the stock 25cfm fan :)

This makes me happy for my Dual Core future. I was hoping that I could do 3Ghz per core on a Vapo i am getting. Now I know the goal is highly obtainable.

Back