Best nVidia card brand?

Who makes the best nVidia based cards?

• Total voters
they are all good, i.e. none of them are bad.
For good medium between preset overclock and cash bfg and xfx
for innovatvive air cooling solutions, leadtek
and for insanity gainward and evga.

f

Depends on the price and what's included in the package. But I would probably vote for the cheapest.

these days there all the same. like the poster above me you should chose based on warrenty and bundle. evga has a strong pimp hand with the 7800gt's. killer price great warrenty and aftermarket coolers are ok. xfx usally ship at the highest clockspeeds but doesnt allow a aftermarket cooler. they do offer the buyer a lifetime warrenty and a second lifetime for the cards second owner. all other companys are non transferable.

evga is great, xfx is great and good for resale, and bfg is good with there lifetime warrenty.

eVGA's warranty still applies after you modify and overclock the card.

No other manufacturer in this list has a warranty like that.

So, eVGA FTW. Period.

I voted eVGA because Aopen isn't up there. But in my experience, Aopen makes terrific cards. I had an Aopen 6600gt that probably could have competed for the world record for OC's.

I didnt vote because videocards are totally different than motherboards.

Brand DOESN'T really matter for the most part with videocards.

They ALMOST always use the reference design PCB (especially on the highend). And they almost all use the same exact components, (ram, power components, misc chips, etc.) And most importantly they all use the same BIOS (sometimes they change clocks/voltages), but still interchangeable and the same basic thing. And most of them use the same exact cooler with a different sticker on it!!
So brand makes much, MUCH less of a difference with videocards.

There are a few exceptions, like specialty cards, like the dual 7800GT cards, golden samples, KO editions, etc.. with specialty coolers, but the cards are still VERY VERY VERY similar.

With motherboards they all pretty much design their own custom PCB's, use their own BIOS's (which makes huge differences in performance, stability, etc) and they use a variety of chips (LAN, sound, PLL, etc)

chrisf6969 said:
I didnt vote because videocards are totally different than motherboards.

They ALMOST always use the reference design PCB (especially on the highend). And they almost all use the same exact components, (ram, power components, misc chips, etc.) And most importantly they all use the same BIOS (sometimes they change clocks/voltages), but still interchangeable and the same basic thing. And most of them use the same exact cooler with a different sticker on it!!

There are a few exceptions, like specialty cards, like the dual 7800GT cards, golden samples, KO editions, etc.. with specialty coolers, but the cards are still VERY VERY VERY similar.

With motherboards they all pretty much design their own custom PCB's, use their own BIOS's (which makes huge differences in performance, stability, etc) and they use a variety of chips (LAN, sound, PLL, etc)
But they don't have the same warranty. ;)

chrisf6969 said:
I didnt vote because with videocards are totally different than motherboards.

All very true, but there is still enough of a difference to be able to compare them. The performance of the card is very similar, but there is still warranties, tech support, bundled software, bundled cables, etc. to consider. Other things are usually more minor, such as the cooler, the clock speed, or the features of the card because they are usually the same. But they are still things to consider.

For example, if you buy an eVGA 6800GS you will get HDTV video cables with the card (component video, RBG) if you buy an XFX 6800GS which has a much higher clock out of the box you won't get the component video cable, you just get S-Video even though both support the HDTV.

kirbyrj said:
6800 series - BFG
That's a curious recommendation, considering they don't even make the only 6800 card still manufactured and worth buying - the 6800GS.

I voted for the brand that I have. All brands offer pretty competetive warrentys. I guess for me it depended on what the card was bundled with for the prices.

kumquat said:
That's a curious recommendation, considering they don't even make the only 6800 card still manufactured and worth buying - the 6800GS.

Correction...6800nu, 6800GT, 6800Ultra...if you're buying used ;).

I'm an eVGA/BFG guy. But I've owned ASUS cards before and they were really nice, I wonder why more people aren't voting for ASUS. ASUS has always had great bundles and addon coolers.

My 7800 GTX SLi eVGA cards walked out of my computer, banged my g/f, and drank all my whiskey

eVGA ftw

Well crap, was going to vote BFG but clicked on XFX. XFX is good, don't mind the vote going to an underdog in this poll...

i going with evga cuz i just got one and overclocked the hell out of it...runs cool, quiet, and friggin sweet

Anything other than AOpen. Called tech support, all busy please leave a message, the voice mail you are trying to reach is full.

Back