0608MPMW -- just came in from Monarch

young-blood

Limp Gawd
I received this chip today, after ordering on the 12th. I wanted this chip for my FIRST order, but oddly enough, when everyone else is raving over 0610 I get a 0608. Hey, I'm not complainin. :D I will do some testing later on for this bad boy. I'm damn stoked. The pic I uploaded sucks but it's easily viewable when you click the thumbnail. From what I understand, this is closer to the center of the wafer, right?

Now seems to be the time to order some more from monarch they seem to be sending good steppings now.

I'm getting another today too

I was gonna order another but the coupons expired.

oh man you give me hope... :eek:

I ordered one on the 6th and another one on the 12th... It would be the sweetest thing ever to get a 0608 and a 0610

Everyone cross thier fingers for me!

Thanks, it's about time I had some luck. What with USPS losing my $175 RAM and forcing me to refund the buyer, this had to happen

edit: DAMN! so close

repoman0 said:
Thanks, it's about time I had some luck. What with USPS losing my $175 RAM and forcing me to refund the buyer, this had to happen

edit: DAMN! so close

oh man, you're so lucky

Speaking from experience with a 2.7ghz opty 144 and then a 2.6ghz dual core opty 165, the dual core is niiiiice. The fact that your computer never really gets overwhelmed by any one task is awesome.

Edit: I ordered 2 more 165's this morning, hopefully they are CCB1E's :)

Here's my initial work I've done on it. I just popped it in, set voltage to Auto and it booted to 2760 no problems. I tried 2.8 but it instantly failed on core 0. I'm sure with some very mild burning in I will have 2.8 with no difficulty. I've been burning in at 2773 for 15 minutes but I stopped it to post some pics.

As you can see, my thermal offset is 7 (not plus nor minus) degrees with a TCaseMax of 61, TDP of 95 watts. Everything looks normal to me, except for the thermal offset. What's up with that? Can someone explain to me?

congrats repoman! also keep up the work young blood. i ordered the cpu from monarch on the 14th. I'm having my fingers crossed i get the same stepping, it'll be here by tomorrow.

well mines running strong at 2840 stock voltage, haven't tried any extra volts as I'll let it burn in for 24 first, looks pretty good so far, my 0608 runs a lot cooler than my 0610

screen014br.jpg

btw if anyones interested I've got my 0610dpmw chip up for sale in the for sale threads
did 2.9 prime stable 17 hours

Well, I decided to lower the speed a bit on stock volts, to 2748. It would fail after a few hours on 2760 so I'm just making sure it's completely stable. I'm priming away right now. It was nearly stable at 1.45 volts @ over 2900 but I want to do this burn-in the right way (if there is such a thing). Not to mention that at 1.45, this bastard runs REALLY hot. Nearly 50 at load. Now it's loading at 43-45. If only I had a nice water setup..

I gotta ask you guys again. Is it something to worry about that my thermal offset temps are 7 degrees?

Hmm, mine is 9C :confused: no plus or minus.

Anyway first 3D05 run with the 165@3GHz, X1900XT@690/800- 12.5k :eek: woot! New AE0 Ultra-D seems to report temps correctly, so I get 46C+ on 1.45v. Ouch! Maybe the AS5 will set or something

ah looks very good guys, makes me want to go out and get a new chip...somehow 2.6 on my 170 just doesn't feel right

I think the steppings peeps are raving about are only from OEM chips..

I believe I've decided which chip to keep, hahahaha :D :p
I'm lovin my ccb1e0608mpmw before I unlidded it, it wouldn't do 3ghz with 1.55(highest I tried) now look at my voltage(1.45 in bios)

lol how are you guys able to just keep ordering more of the same chip?

I need to start dealing or something lol :p

toddm27 said:
I'm lovin my ccb1e0608mpmw before I unlidded it, it wouldn't do 3ghz with 1.55(highest I tried) now look at my voltage(1.45 in bios)

Hey man, you're on water, correct? What were your temps before the de-lidding? Mine are 46C at load with the exact voltage and overclock as you (though it's stable with the lid still on, LOL). It's 80F outside, and I added a high-heat X1900 to my loop so that could be why, but if I could get 38C on load I think it would hit 3.05 with the same voltage (1.45)

edit: Wow this is a much better low voltage chip than the CCBBE 0610DPMW. I'm at [email protected] priming away, I was trying to find a good burn-in voltage :confused: The 0610 wouldn't even do [email protected]. But who runs that low anyway :p

repoman0 said:
Hey man, you're on water, correct? What were your temps before the de-lidding? Mine are 46C at load with the exact voltage and overclock as you (though it's stable with the lid still on, LOL). It's 80F outside, and I added a high-heat X1900 to my loop so that could be why, but if I could get 38C on load I think it would hit 3.05 with the same voltage (1.45)
Yeah I'm on a swiftech storm before 51-53 without passing 1 instance of prime 1.55v after 39-40c w/1.45 but pwmic is through the roof, 65c with 2 fans on it, the crab memory cooler modded and a 120 over the top of it to cool it down, without the 120 my pwmic was 69-70c. crazy, right now I just have my cpu block in the loop and its pretty warm in here, but I will have both my 7900gt's back in it whenever evga decides to get on with the stepup. Me= :D :p

nobi125 said:

put some money away to deal with and buy until you get the chip you want selling the ones you don't along the way. :D

Props, toddm. That is one helluva overclock. I think, in the end, temps will limit my oc with this chip. But, I did have copper ramsinks on my Big Typh and 3 of them came off, so that could account for a couple of degrees, perhaps. This chip is so much different than my 0551UPMW. It idles much higher and the load is crazy high. Maybe a remount is in order? I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'm just not so sure it's following the common pattern to 3ghz, especially seeing my load temps. Fans are at medium speed btw. I could always take off the side of my case to earn a degree or two, if I really need it (it's getting warm in Ohio).

Yeah I doubt you'll scale to 3GHz with aircooling. These things are entirely temp dependant, yesterday it was fine [email protected] with about 45C load, now it fails with 47C load since it's 80 out today. Currently running [email protected], I was trying to burn in lol but the voltage isn't low enough!

definatly dependant on temps, if you look at my ihs dismount picture, you should see why my temps were so off, almost no contact to the core and it still did 2820 on stock voltage, haha
http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s53000070ny.jpg

btw my idle temps before were around 38-39 at 2820 stock volts and load 45c

now idle at 3006 1.45v is around 30 and load is 39-40

I will probably end up selling this chip anyway, so I'm not too cool with popping the top lol. Actually, it depends on how well my other chip does when I get it. If it's better, I'll keep that and MAYBE pop the top (if I can conjure up enough balls). Prime just failed at 2785 @1.35 volts. I'm gonna go back and raise the voltage... anyways, I've got a dinner to be at.. more results later!! :D

nobi125 said:

It's amazing what some are asking ... and GETTING, for a chip that might do 100 - 200 mhz more than the avg.

Personally I think they're nuts ... the buyers that is. Bet the dealers can't wait for another Monarch deal ... more suckers to make money from.

repoman0 said:
Yeah I doubt you'll scale to 3GHz with aircooling. These things are entirely temp dependant, yesterday it was fine [email protected] with about 45C load, now it fails with 47C load since it's 80 out today. Currently running [email protected], I was trying to burn in lol but the voltage isn't low enough!

The 0608s or rather seemingly CCBE's in general scale very well to 3GHz, on air cooling. The trick is to find the right voltage levels so you don't run too cool (cold bug) or too hot. Even on my 0608 I would overheat constantly at 1.50+, but finally passed dual prime by lowering the voltages. These steppings were ideally made for WC imho.

toddm27 said:

awesome results! this mimics what i saw on my 0608 as well: on light WC, i can get to 3.0GHz @ 1.42V. You should be able to push it to 3.1Ghz @ 1.55V or so now, and even 3.2GHz if you're feeling lucky! ;)

S_T said:
The 0608s or rather seemingly CCBE's in general scale very well to 3GHz, on air cooling. The trick is to find the right voltage levels so you don't run too cool (cold bug) or too hot. Even on my 0608 I would overheat constantly at 1.50+, but finally passed dual prime by lowering the voltages. These steppings were ideally made for WC imho.

You'll never run too cool on these things :confused: The worst coldbug we'll ever see is probably 25C at very high HTT. The cooler you can get it the better, up to a certain point

repoman0 said:
You'll never run too cool on these things :confused: The worst coldbug we'll ever see is probably 25C at very high HTT. The cooler you can get it the better, up to a certain point

wait till you own the 0608 a little longer before you make presumptions....seems the best temp range is around 45 for these chips....

You couldn't be more wrong :rolleyes: I don't think you understand what the coldbug is-

It's when a chip doesn't work at higher HTT speeds at colder temperatures. throw one of these CCB1E's under 0C, and I doubt you'll even post, or your HTT limit will be close to 200. Throw a CDBHE under -70C, watch it fly to 300HTT and beyond. Symptoms are no post, freeze during windows loading, freeze in idle while stable in prime (higher temps). etc. The worst coldbug I've ever heard of is ~25C and 300HTT+. So it depends on where your particular chip bugs.. even if it's 25C, you won't see those temperatures ever under normal use, especially at the higher volts you'll need to scale to 300HTT+

Now my chip hasn't frozen once, always fail prime instead. So right there, automatic no cold bug :rolleyes: extremely rare under water, common under phase.

So the best temperature range is as low as you can get at your particular HTT speed so it doesn't freeze. :cool:

edit: BTW this is totally independent of week.. the fact that I've owned a 0608 for 3 days means nothing. All that matters is CCB1E.. and I had a CCB1E 0550VPMW since January, just sold a couple days ago. No cold bug even in winter :rolleyes: And the cooler it got, the better.

repoman0 said:
You couldn't be more wrong :rolleyes: I don't think you understand what the coldbug is-.........It's when a chip doesn't work at higher HTT speeds at colder temperatures. throw one of these CCB1E's under 0C, and I doubt you'll even post, or your HTT limit will be close to 200. Throw a CDBHE under -70C, watch it fly to 300HTT and beyond. Symptoms are no post, freeze during windows loading, freeze in idle while stable in prime (higher temps). etc. The worst coldbug I've ever heard of is ~25C and 300HTT+. So it depends on where your particular chip bugs.. even if it's 25C, you won't see those temperatures ever under normal use, especially at the higher volts you'll need to scale to 300HTT+...

um...u do know to run 3ghz on opty's u have to run at 333+ htt, right? you do know that i can get to 25C on air in my setup, without WC too, right? and you do know you just contradicted yourself too right? 1 ccb1e coldbugs while your old 0550 doesn't... :eek:

anyhow, as i said, from my experiences of playing with this 0608 for weeks, on air, on water, in cold as well as hot weather, through .85v to 1.55V, from 25C to 55C, form 1.1GHz to 3.2GHz....there is a certain idiosyncracy with the 0608 pertaining to temps....i'll leave it at that....

S_T said:
um...u do know to run 3ghz on opty's u have to run at 333+ htt, right? you do know that i can get to 25C on air in my setup, without WC too, right? and you do know you just contradicted yourself too right? 1 ccb1e coldbugs while your old 0550 doesn't... :eek:

anyhow, as i said, from my experiences of playing with this 0608 for weeks, on air, on water, in cold as well as hot weather, through .85v to 1.55V, from 25C to 55C, form 1.1GHz to 3.2GHz....there is a certain idiosyncracy with the 0608 pertaining to temps....i'll leave it at that....

Goddamn, 300 was just an example because it was an easy number for people like you. I never said either one coldbugs, because they don't get cold enough to, but no doubt they both would under phase.. and no matter how hard you try you CAN'T get to 25C with air unless you use rediculously low volts and ~15C ambient.

And I sure as hell played with the CCB1E 0550 for longer than you have played with that.. and no matter what lower temperatures resulted in higher clocks. It will be like that until you get into coldbug territory..

Jesus christ, why the hell would a chip do better under higher temps *wishes there was a laugh smiley*

repoman0 said:
Goddamn, 300 was just an example because it was an easy number for people like you. I never said either one coldbugs, because they don't get cold enough to, but no doubt they both would under phase.. and no matter how hard you try you CAN'T get to 25C with air unless you use rediculously low volts and ~15C ambient.

And I sure as hell played with the CCB1E 0550 for longer than you have played with that.. and no matter what lower temperatures resulted in higher clocks. It will be like that until you get into coldbug territory..

Jesus christ, why the hell would a chip do better under higher temps *wishes there was a laugh smiley*

Alright sinc eyou like to be full of yourself....since you want to throw out general numbers in the first place ....take example again your first statement: one coldbug incident at 25C on water cooling...how do you explain that? you can't because you have no clue. can you extrpolate to other temps...no you can't because you'd be talking out of your arse (again).

Secondly, why in the wolrd are you citing your 0550 still, when you reference the 0608? do you have conclusive evidence to suggest they are one and the same, exclusive of memory controller?

Third, oh yes i do play with ridiculously low voltage : http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g319/stranx44/?action=view&current=sp04-1292.jpg thanks. you're right for once....want a cookie?

and lastly, please don't lash out at me just because for a nice wc setup, you really have pathetic oc and temps....what a waste...

but anyhow you win...whatever...please keep this thread clean....if you wish to discuss more about my setup or whatever, send me PM ;)

S_T said:
and lastly, please don't lash out at me just because for a nice wc setup, you really have pathetic oc and temps....what a waste...

LOLOL I got a good laugh out of that. You're insulting me over my OC and temps.. classic.
:D :D can't believe you just said that- made my night!

and btw I was citing the 0550 because they are both CCB1E and behave exactly the same

edit2: And the "coldbug" is gone with the new MB.. now that it hits 355+HTT 333 is not a problem in 18C ambient. We'll see for sure once stealth17 gets it under his phase change, lent it to him!

edit3: and "full of myself" over a computer? I think you're crazy kid.. need to spend some time outside or something.

Back