0x00000101 BSOD Error

Nielo TM

Gawd
Today, I got a random BSOD with the values of 0x00000101 (a clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval).

Few months ago, the system booted up to a black screen, and before that, it froze when I was seeking a HD WMV video.

From your point, what do think the problem could be? Is there an application/s that I can use to test for CPU, mainboard and memory errors?

The system was built around Feb this year and the specs as follows:

* Processor: Core 2 Duo E8200
* Main-board: Intel DP35DP
* System RAM: Corsair Value 2048MB DDR-667 1.8v (VS2GBKIT667D2)
* Graphics card: ASUS ATI HD3650 (I'll only be using it to take advantage of AVIVO HD)
* Display: NEC MultiSync 1970NXp (with MVA panel) and Sony 26" BRAVIA (with PVA panel)
* Sound system: Logitech X530 5.1 (for music only)
* PSU: Corsair HX520
* DVD-Burner: Pioneer DVR-215DBK (SATA)
* HDD: Samsung 500GB Spinpoint T166 HD501LJ
* Sound Card: Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic (the original version)

PS: Have some cousework to hand in, so I need a quick reply. The system hasn't caused a BSOD in two hours now, but still...

PPS: Here's image of the error

Untitled.jpg

most likely it is the creative x-fi crashing your system because of creative poor support. We need a new sound card company that can do better than creative.

How about give your value ram a little bit of extra voltage. Most DDR2 likes 2.0 to 2.1 volts regardless of what the manufacturer says.

Run some stress programs like Prime95 or MemTest86+ to see if your computer really is stable.

that could be a problem, but this seem to be an CPU issue

Also, when I run Hot CPU Tester Pro 4, it fails on the HD with the following message:

File Exception error:All or part of the path is invalid:CPU 0: an unnamed file contains an invalid path.

File Exception error:All or part of the path is invalid:CPU 1: an unnamed file contains an invalid path.

How about give your value ram a little bit of extra voltage. Most DDR2 likes 2.0 to 2.1 volts regardless of what the manufacturer says.

Run some stress programs like Prime95 or MemTest86+ to see if your computer really is stable.

ATM, I'm running Hot CPU Tester Pro 4 in Diagnostic mode. After it's finished, I'll be running burn-in test.

After that's finished, I'll run the memtest via boot-cd

As for the timing, I don't think I can adjust it since I have an intel board.

I just wish I know the cause

Also, when I run Hot CPU Tester Pro 4, it fails on the HD with the following message:

File Exception error:All or part of the path is invalid:CPU 0: an unnamed file contains an invalid path.

File Exception error:All or part of the path is invalid:CPU 1: an unnamed file contains an invalid path.

The problem can be fixed by running the app as admin

I've just completed a 24 hour stress test using Prime95 and nothing...no BSOD, hang/freeze or drop in core/memory usage

Now that the CPU, RAM and Mainboard are in the clear, who do you think the culprit could be?

Any educated guesses?

How are your CPU temps.

This error can happen if one core on the CPU reaches terminal temp and shuts down but the other cpu is still limping along.

the CPU is an Intel E82000, and according to the Intel mainboard, the thermal margin is ~50C. So I'm guessing the temp is around 30C.

The NB and SB do get quite hot. But this has never been an issue.

Hi All!

I have been getting the same exact message with my new built. I got around 12 bsods within a period of thirty days.
AMD x2 5400BE @ 3200MHz (1.375MHz)
Biostar TA780G M2+
Gskil Ram 2x2GB
HIS 4850
Creative XtremeGamer

http://forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=22&threadid=92110
http://forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=319&threadid=90533&enterthread=y&STARTPAGE=2
http://www.rage3d.com/reviews/mobo/amd790gx/

It is only happening when I watch either movies (hd or sd) or youtube. I can play bf2142 for hours without a problem. Also, the temps never exceed 40 degrees Celsius. It seems that one of the cores is faulty.

Solution

I am returning my mobo and CPU to newegg and getting Intel. (-: I know it is a very brutal approach but it is better to be safe than sorry.

p.s. check this thread out

http://www.csd.dficlub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3086

It might also be a small gift from MS. :(

Nielo TM: What type of Prime95 test did you run? You need to run Blend to give your memory a thorough test.

Version 25.7 is the latest which loads both cores during testing:
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/

I'd also check the power supply voltages with a multimeter when running Prime. Grab any molex connector and test between a red wire and black (ground) and the test between a yellow wire and black. Software voltages are rarely accurate.

Intermittent problems like this can be very difficult to troubleshoot if you are both Prime Blend and Small FFTs stable.

yes, I've downloaded the latest version with multi-core support and I ran the blend test for 24 hours

As for the PSU, it is a Corsair HX520 (actually made by seasonic), which has been running smoothly for the past few years. So I don't think it could be the culprit.

3D Mark Vintage also didn't show-up any problems, neither did Hot CPU Tester Pro.

TBH, I am extremely confused by this problem. No matter what I do, I can't seem to recreate it. Maybe the BIOS update did the trick.

update:

Looks like it may have something to do with the sound card and the ATI HDXXX series.

I have an ATI HD3600 series GPU which has a built in sound card/output device (via HDMI). It's registered by Vista as High Definition Audio Output and enabled by default.

I have now disabled the HDAO via Vista's Sound Option, (which can be accessed via control panel) and multimedia applications are now far more responsive.

Back