1,000$ what LCD's do I Choose BenQ, Dell, LG or ViewSonic HELP!!!

STANG22GT

Limp Gawd
I want a 21-21 inch lcd. Have 1 grand to spend and I cant figure out what to get. It is down to BenQ FP2091, LG L2010P, ViewSonic vp210 and Dell 2005FPW and Dell 2001FP.
They all have almost identical sepcs. I heard a lot about the Dell 2001 and Viewsonic but not a lot about the BenQ or LG. I just saw a thread on the Dell 2005FPW and I almost bought it just because of the widescreen. I already have a sony 46" Widescreen TV and I love it. I read the Dell widescreen was good on gaming and else. Give me some opinions. I am ready to get a new monitor NOW!!!!

let me see if I can help... 2x dell 2001fp

desktop.jpg

I was also kinda wondering given the choice 2001FP or 2005FPW? Ive beeng wanting a kickass monitor for a long time but yeah just been too cheap =)

I was also kinda wondering given the choice 2001FP or 2005FPW? Ive beeng wanting a kickass monitor for a long time but yeah just been too cheap =)

Yeah I had quite a lot of trouble deciding which monitor I wanted. But the 2005fpw seemed to have slightly better specs, and the native resolutions won't really be a factor for me because my favorite games and most games in the future will support it. I also was craving widescreen for a while. Whatever you choose, I am sure you can't go wrong, I just simply wanted widescreen for movies and games. Can't wait to get it, it should blow my ancient 17" dell trinitron out of the water!

Play the Dellf game at dell.com/shopnow until you get the 25% off LCD coupon.

Use it to purchase the widescreen dell for 599. Heck spend a little more and get one 2001FP and one 2005FPW for 599 x 2

dam, thats nice. Im about this --> <-- far from ordering a 2005FPW.

How are u running the 2monitors? 2 video cards?

thanks
d.

Thank you all for your input. I am so close to get the 2005fpw. I really dont need a double monitor setup (no doubt its sweet). Just regulat0r I will like the widescreen better. I work about 12 hrs per day , so I only play games 4 hrs a week (sometimes less) and the games I play are all widescreen capable. I will go see if I can get that discount. I wont order anything untill 9pm tonight.

Once you go widescreen it is really hard to go back. Especially when you start playing the newer games @ 1690x1050.

It also seems like you get more screen real-estate with widescreen... I know that technically you get less than you do with a 4:3 20" @ 16x12, but it actually feels like you have more usable space. Having 2 fullsized windows side by side is nice.

But all in all, it is personal preference.

vapb400 said:
asked santa for a 2005FPW for christmas :) I'll probably have to pay some though
Damn, Santa must not be doing so well. Did he invest in tech stocks or something? Back in the day Santa used to pay for all of my gifts!

ordered dell 2025, did not get the 25% cupon but found a 20% (better than nothing) will let you knoe how it is

Back