1:1 Pixel Mapping on Mobility 5850

The Oatman

Limp Gawd
I was wondering if there is any way to force 1:1 pixel mapping on a Mobility 5850 card. I am using a 27" iMac for now and the video card simply can't handle that resolution well in most games. I hate scaling a lower resolution to the full size of the monitor as even 1920x1080 looks fuzzy. Any way to do this?

It's the monitor that needs to have this ability. The video card outputs at your selected resolution, the monitor is automatically upscaling it. Go through your menus and take a look :)

It's an iMac, there are no menus, or a scaler for matter. As far as I know, all the scaling here is being done at the driver level. In fact, when I installed the new drivers just now, it went down to 800x600 at 1:1 briefly, so it is technically possible.

It's an iMac, there are no menus, or a scaler for matter. As far as I know, all the scaling here is being done at the driver level. In fact, when I installed the new drivers just now, it went down to 800x600 at 1:1 briefly, so it is technically possible.

In CCC look under the monitor's attributes or properties and you should see a scaling option.

CCC Advanced View
Click Graphics top left corner
Desktop and displays
Right click your monitor
Configure
Attributes
Enable GPU scaling.

That should do it. If not try the scaling options tab.

CCC Advanced View
Click Graphics top left corner
Desktop and displays
Right click your monitor
Configure
Attributes
Enable GPU scaling.

That should do it. If not try the scaling options tab.

Are you guys using the desktop drivers and CCC as reference? The menus seem to be different (simplified) on the Mobility card this computer uses, I do not have the "Configure" option where you describe it.

Are you guys using the desktop drivers and CCC as reference? The menus seem to be different (simplified) on the Mobility card this computer uses, I do not have the "Configure" option where you describe it.

Here is the setting on a really old and outdated mobility CCC

cats_fixed_scaling.png

(in this case you would actually want "Centered")

Damn.. the new one does not have that it seems. It's much more dumbed down, even in advanced mode.

EDIT: Ok I found the "scaling options" which specify full screen or centered. Unfortunately they are grayed out with full screen selected.

Last edited:
There is a slider that can make the image bigger or smaller, I forgot the name of it.

ATI CCC > Desktop And Displays > right click the monitor on the bottom left corner > click configure > Enable GPU Scaling

U2p9a6s2Q6.jpg

Try adjusting the resolution below native for your display in windows, then going back, you should be able to change it then. You can then return your resolution back and it will keep the setting. As for why this works, someone needs to ask AMD, or don't rock the boat in case they fix it lol...

Try adjusting the resolution below native for your display in windows, then going back, you should be able to change it then. You can then return your resolution back and it will keep the setting. As for why this works, someone needs to ask AMD, or don't rock the boat in case they fix it lol...

This worked! Thanks!

Back