1.24 Ghz =?

hey ive got a friend with a 1.24 Ghz Athlon or Athlon XP we cant figure out what it is? Anyone know the show name for it? as in 1300+ 1700+ ect.....i know its none of those.

thevampirelord66 said:
hey ive got a friend with a 1.24 Ghz Athlon or Athlon XP we cant figure out what it is? Anyone know the show name for it? as in 1300+ 1700+ ect.....i know its none of those.

thunderbird?

I believe the lowest XP was the 1500+ which was 1.33ghz. Your friend has a tbird.

edit: if its in a running PC right now just use CPU-Z... it will tell you everything you need.

Tbird. Although It's an odd clock setting for a tbird, it's the only way it would be at that speed range at defaults.

if it trueley is an XP, could it just have underclocked the cpu? Is it really somethig like 1.6 or so? That happened to me when I first put my processor in...

your fsb could be set wrong which would cause the cpu to be underclocked. check it out in the bios.

by the way, dosnt it say like "1600+" in the POST screen, and not a ghz. if it is actually a xp i think it should?

Right, he could have an underclocked XP. In which case it could be all the way up to a 3200. lol

I hope he can fire it up and check the bios or is willing to take the HSF off.

or he could use CPU-Z which would at least tell him what core his CPU is, and from there we might be able to figure out what it's supposed to be clocked at.

compslckr said:
your fsb could be set wrong which would cause the cpu to be underclocked. check it out in the bios.

by the way, dosnt it say like "1600+" in the POST screen, and not a ghz. if it is actually a xp i think it should?

they only do that at default clocks, i can set my 3000+ to 11x166, boom 2500+ in bios. set it to 11x200 boom 3200+ in bois. set it to 12x200, doesnt recognize it

compslckr said:
Right, he could have an underclocked XP. In which case it could be all the way up to a 3200. lol

I hope he can fire it up and check the bios or is willing to take the HSF off.

if its underclocked, its gonna be 12.5x100, so my guess would be a tbred 2000+ (133x12.5)

here are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.

haha, i am wearing a shirt that says something very similar to that on it right now!

lithium726 said:
if its underclocked, its gonna be 12.5x100, so my guess would be a tbred 2000+ (133x12.5)
yep
tbred of palomino 2000+ most likely

thevampirelord66 said:

Do this:

Take off the heatsink while the computer is turned off, take not of the OPN, the caharcters written on the black rectangle or the characters written on the cpu die, then post them here...

That way we can dechipher the OPN and everyone can stop pulling WAG's out of their asses ;)

MD

well it dosent matter much really he knows it runs at 1.24 we were just wondering if it was an athlon or an athlon XP.

Back