1.5TB external harddrive = $480?

Oh no, actually hearing from people who BOUGHT the thing and not a forumite is a HORRID thing!

Oh no, actually hearing from people who BOUGHT the thing and not a forumite is a HORRID thing!

I don't listen to Newegg reviews because:

#1) People usually only report back when they have problems.
#2) Most users aren't tech savvy to figure out the problem and simply don't know how to use the product.
#3) They buy a product and when they receive it and scream out "this wasn't as advertised!" when it clearly says otherwise (Example: OEM, Open Box, etc)
#4) People are brand loyal and like to kick other brands around by posting false/misleading information (Example: See Pentium 4 EE)
#5) Generally, people are stupid.
#6) Newegg reserves the right to delete reviews at will. As I've seen in the past, this leads reviews to be a poor source of information.

I've seen some shady reviews on newegg. I love the ones where they bash a product and they don't own it... they usually go like this:

"Who would want an extreme processor?!?!, anyone in their right mind would rather buy a *insert processor here* and overclock it" ... followed by a bad rating.

One of my all time favorites must be the one review of a guy who bought a case for less than a hundred bucks and gave a horrid review becuase he thought it was a whole computer :rolleyes:

I've seen some shady reviews on newegg. I love the ones where they bash a product and they don't own it... they usually go like this:

"Who would want an extreme processor?!?!, anyone in their right mind would rather buy a *insert processor here* and overclock it" ... followed by a bad rating.

One of my all time favorites must be the one review of a guy who bought a case for less than a hundred bucks and gave a horrid review becuase he thought it was a whole computer :rolleyes:

The best Newegg review was a guy who had a "high" level of understanding and rubbed his Corsair PSU on the floor and it died on him. He then said you should go with a Raidmax. :rolleyes: Corsair still replaced it

The best Newegg review was a guy who had a "high" level of understanding and rubbed his Corsair PSU on the floor and it died on him. He then said you should go with a Raidmax. :rolleyes: Corsair still replaced it

That one was pretty good.

Anyone remember the guy that bought the CAD video card to play Doom 3?

Back