$1 Billion Lawsuit Filed Against Sony

Im a fanboy? I don't own a single piece of sony hardware except maybe some old walkman that's collecting dust in the corner. I can buy your address and other information for a few bucks online, dont act like this is the reason why/how people find out your info.

I am sorry, you're right. You're not a fanboi, you're just a retard. Again, my challenge stands, if you think what happened wasn't such a big deal, then go post YOUR information on any number of available boards, and go to sleep w/o any concerns. If you're not willing to do this "simple little inconsequential" act that would 100% vindicate your stance, then stop looking at the world through your jaded glasses, and realize that something like this might actually create quite some unforeseen consequences that might hurt people. Incidentally, to BUY my address, you would need to know my name or email address, not my [H]ard user ID, unless Steve, Kyle, and Co are looking to offer a pay service. :D

Your acting like this is the end of the world and everyones credit cards are getting stolen. If it happens you do what I said before, no big deal. They know where I live, cool story so does everyone else who wants to find me really badly. Sure its shitty that people might be buying your info, but that can already be happening but you just don't know it because it isn't public, but this is so its obvious your gonna think its the worst event that happened.

Like I said before, I agree Sony was ignorant/stupid for not having decent security.

I can't stand these types of lawsuits. Sony probably doesn't even fully understand what's going on, and she's already making allegations. Talk about premature.

What is there to understand? Our personal info is in the hands of criminals, many of us have had to cancel our CC which is a great inconvenience. A free download of some shit I don't want or need is not acceptable compensation. Thus; class action lawsuit. Sounds quite simple to me.

Your acting like this is the end of the world and everyones credit cards are getting stolen. If it happens you do what I said before, no big deal. They know where I live, cool story so does everyone else who wants to find me really badly. Sure its shitty that people might be buying your info, but that can already be happening but you just don't know it because it isn't public, but this is so its obvious your gonna think its the worst event that happened.

Prior to this breach of Sony you could not find my personal info so easily. You would have to resort to illegal methods to find it so cut the BS that we are all easy to find. If you are easy to find then it is due to your own naivety.But now thanks to Sony I am not so hard to find and that makes me very angry.

1 billion dollars is chump change. Lawyers will grab up 30% of that, another 30% will go into administering the settlement fund, plaintiffs will walk away with "free" credit monitoring services they don't really while forfeiting their right to bring individual suits against Sony should they actually suffer from this data breach.

Class action only serves the lawyers and administrators, it's almost always a bad deal for consumers since you trade your own right to sue for a couple hundred bucks (at the most) in compensation.

I always opt out of class action myself.

Back