1 chinch (composite yelow) -> VGA convertor adaptor

einer2060

Limp Gawd
I need a convertor/adaptor/wires that give me the option:

I have a DVD player with an yelow 1 chinch output (composite) and must view it on LCD monitor whit VGA IN.
What can i do?

Needs a fairly complex converter. You need a device with a comb filter to separate the luma and chroma data that's in the composite signal. It then has to convert from Y-C space to RGB space and add the clock signal for the LCD. This will do the job. Not cheap or simple though.

Yeah tnx first, i found this one also myself, a big problem here is , i see all these converters/adaptors are resolution like : 640*480, 800*600 and 1024*768, but my LCD will be 1680 x 1054 or 1440 x 900, so this will be blured and bad pikture?

It's realy not cheap. If i could find a cheap LCD-TV 17 or 19" widescreen i think that would have composite in and i don't have problems whit resolution?
But all LCD-TV's are 100 cm :mad: .

Well any composite input is getting upsampled to some other rez. NTSC video is 720x480, though it uses non-square pixels so the closest computer analogue is 640x480. That's just the limitation for the format, and over composite you won't even really get that.

There's no way to bring the cost down other than to get an LCD with a composite input. I don't know how prevalent those are. The one I got has one, but it's a 24" widescreen.

Back