1 Dell 2405FPW or 2 2005FPWs??

Delltron

Limp Gawd
I am currently running a 2 19" setup (2 NEC FP912sb's, absolutely love em!) but one of them is kicking the bucket. Every so often the right one locks up and flashes a white horizontal light across the screen. The only way to fix it is to turn it off and on again, but it is becoming harder and harder to make it work.

So, since I want to jump into the LCD world, what are the advantages of having 1 24" screen, rather than 2 20.1's? I don't do alot of gaming, getting back into graphic design. I dont want to spend more than ~$1000 total. Are there any other lcd's that are comparable to these?

Thanks in advance!

1 monitor is always better than two, no breaks or borders between the screens. If I were you I'd wait for the 3007fpw though, should be around 1500 or so (I hope) and an extra 200 for a dual link DVI card, but hell, your e-pen0s will be huge.

If there's a small posibility that in one year you can buy another 2405, then buy the 2405.

btw, I think the 3007 will cost 2000$, if it's 1500 I'll buy one for sure :D

I would definately wait for the 3007fpw too. it seems pretty sweet, but I hope it isn't expensive as I have blown a huge wad of cash recently for my 7800gtx.

Yeah definitely get the big monitor now. You can always get another one later on if you really need one

Delltron said:
I am currently running a 2 19" setup (2 NEC FP912sb's, absolutely love em!) but one of them is kicking the bucket. Every so often the right one locks up and flashes a white horizontal light across the screen. The only way to fix it is to turn it off and on again, but it is becoming harder and harder to make it work.

So, since I want to jump into the LCD world, what are the advantages of having 1 24" screen, rather than 2 20.1's? I don't do alot of gaming, getting back into graphic design. I dont want to spend more than ~$1000 total. Are there any other lcd's that are comparable to these?

Thanks in advance!

You're in the exact same situation I'm in (design student, my right-hand 19" LG CRT flickers and loses dark tones) and I decided to take the plunge and grab two 2005fpw's. Will update you when they arrive, if Dell stops jerking me around with the shipment tracking #'s.

I decided to take up two monitors rather than one larger one, mostly because I'm accustomed to having my entire left monitor dedicated to Illustrator, C4D, whatever, and my palettes / Adobe Bridge / IM client / Winamp on my right. I find a cluttered start-bar distracting, not to mention having to alt-tab back and forth between chat windows lying on top of my work. Helps me keep my concentration if nothing's nagging at my eyes on the focused monitor. Keep us updated!

Back