10.3.5 is OUT

10.3.5 is working great for me so far. And the security updates for the .png are much appreciated :)

alphaone said:
Wow. You're smart. That was the most intelligent post I've ever seen.

Seriously, this is the Apple Products sub forum. There was no need for that post.

10.3.5 is working great for me so far. And the security updates for the .png are much appreciated :)

:rolleyes:

Getting it as I type this.

Oh, and I have an OSX question. I don't think it warrants an entire thread, so I'll just ask it here.

How the hell do I disable the behavior when I go idle, OSX shuts down my network connection? That's frickin' annoying... :mad:

Maybe that is worth it's own thread...I don't know. I don't have that problem.

alphaone - Fibro is an apple employee (new but one none the less) and has been around here for a while so he was just kidding around

Chrisfnet - the only thing I can say is go into energy settings and set the computer to never go to sleep because that is what is dropping the connection...and it is like that on PCs as well...sleep is just that...system inactivity...you can turn on the display sleep and seperate from system but in general I never let my system go to sleep if it is pluged into power but battery is a different story

lol...and i just took all the keys off my ibook to install some optic lighting. Oh well.

gigglebyte said:
alphaone - Fibro is an apple employee (new but one none the less) and has been around here for a while so he was just kidding around
Oh, I didn't know that lol. I feel stupid now. :eek:

gigglebyte said:
Chrisfnet - the only thing I can say is go into energy settings and set the computer to never go to sleep because that is what is dropping the connection...and it is like that on PCs as well...sleep is just that...system inactivity...you can turn on the display sleep and seperate from system but in general I never let my system go to sleep if it is pluged into power but battery is a different story

Well, that seems to have worked fine. Thanks gigglebyte.

briang said:
lol...and i just took all the keys off my ibook to install some optic lighting. Oh well.

I almost did that to my G3 700 because I had a second keyboard so if I killed one I wouldn't be out but never got to it and don't have that unit anymore...oh well...good luck on the mod because they look killer when done right

alpha...don't worry about it ;)

well, i'm gonna have to do a clean install anyhow.

I completely screwed up my mac installing the new iPhoto update :(
(for some reason the software update crashed, leaving me with a half-install iPhoto, and when I go to do anykind of software update now it just KP's the mac. something is roasted.)

ouch....that one will hurt....have you tried pulling the receipts and the app and see if it will update? it might be a little easier than nuking the system

gigglebyte said:
ouch....that one will hurt....have you tried pulling the receipts and the app and see if it will update? it might be a little easier than nuking the system

yeah, it just tells me that it's a receipt and not an actual package install.

It's cool though, i really need to do a fresh format and install. (this mac hasn't been revamped since the 10.0 beta's. a testament to stability?)

well I didn't say to try and install from the package...just remove and do a sw update but if you are going to nuke it then it is a moot point :D

Some more stuff:

iSync 1.5
Security Update 8/9/2004
Server Admin Tools 10.3.5
DVD Studio Pro 3.0.1
Compressor 1.2.1

briang said:

Link to the How-To for this mod? I would love to do it.

And I'll grab 10.3.5 when I get home, or I'll waste my whole lunch here at work messing with it.

Lazarus2000 said:
Link to the How-To for this mod? I would love to do it.

And I'll grab 10.3.5 when I get home, or I'll waste my whole lunch here at work messing with it.
I got my stuff from http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/

I'm using a White 3.3vdc 8000 mcd LED, and got 10' of .5mm unjacketed fiber (# U500). Also using a 100 ohm resistor...seems like it will work great. I should finish it tommorrow, I will post some pics when it's done.

I think this mod could be done a lot better than it was done, judging by the photographs on the site.

Or it could just be the pictures?

Instigator said:
Not to mention Java update 1.4.2 Update 1 weighing in at 26MB

That Java update seems to kill my distributed computing client, so I guess I will not be getting it, but everything else seems cool.

Well I had bad luck with System Preferences crashing and corrupting the hard drive on the powerbook :)
The Dually went pretty good but i baby it :) fix all prefs and defrag disabling ANY kernel
extensions.... no problems except one crash System Preferences Firewall
The imac went smooth least amount of problems

superchunk2112 said:
Well I had bad luck with System Preferences crashing and corrupting the hard drive on the powerbook :)
The Dually went pretty good but i baby it :) fix all prefs and defrag disabling ANY kernel
extensions.... no problems except one crash System Preferences Firewall
The imac went smooth least amount of problems

ha i had the same thing happen to me a few months back, tried in vain to fix it, ended up just doing an archive and install although many people here on this board helped me out. :)

Back