10.7.1 update released

Archer75

Supreme [H]ardness
And my widgets still don't work. I seem to be the only one with this problem. Does anyone elses widgets not work? Ever since I upgraded to lion they've been dead.

Which widgets exactly? I assume you mean in the dashboard correct?

Hmm I haven't messed with the dashboard too much because I've been messing with other things that have been pissing me off. Seriously, when I'm in Lion all I can think about is how much I wish I was in Snow Leopard. First off I don't like iOS. Put iOS in a desktop environment (WTF?!?) and I like it even less. Apple could have done so much better by adding just the good parts of Lion (whatever those are) and leaving a mobile OS on a freaking mobile device. I mean seriously, full screen mode?, inverted scrolling?, auto spell correction?. I know these things can be turned off but that's not the point. All of these "features" are utterly stupid on a full fledged desktop OS. To me Lion feels like a half-baked attempt at a transition to a brand new desktop environment that I honestly don't want to be a part of. Needless to say I'll be in Snow Leopard for a good long while.
Thanks for listening :)

Now i'm having to double click everything. Single clicks won't open/select anything anymore. And if I don't do the double click just so it starts opening up tons of windows. Also getting some serious issues with system responsiveness. Lion has been very buggy for me. Very buggy. I'm getting ready to just do a clean install and hoping that will fix my issues.

Edit - after a clean install my widgets work and no more funky double/single click issues. It does access the hard drive a lot, even after indexing is done. Same as before. Windows never hit the hard drive this hard, even with far less ram. And I have 16gb now.
Temps are still crazy high. But the system is more stable overall.

Last edited:
Back