10 X 8800GT Review

This review of course is a bit stupid as all these cards are made by only 2 manufactures, and they even failed to point that out. eVGA is missing and many of the maximum overclocks achieved seem fairly low in comparison to what we are seeing posted here. Asus won which is really handy as they advertise at the top of the page :p

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?id=2428&cid=3&pg=1

The big talking point for me is the Palit Sonic, it is the only card with a factory custom cooler and actually does a fairly piss poor job of cooling, and is even beaten by a few stock reference cards which is a tad disappointing to see.

The big talking point for me is the Palit Sonic, it is the only card with a factory custom cooler and actually does a fairly piss poor job of cooling, and is even beaten by a few stock reference cards which is a tad disappointing to see.

huh?

" Palit's GeForce 8800 GT Sonic has a two-slot cooler that is clearly superior to the reference version, at least in our temperature testing segment"

Did you even look at the review?

It's cooler than all the other cards....

Interesting to see the OC differance of them all too.

huh?

" Palit's GeForce 8800 GT Sonic has a two-slot cooler that is clearly superior to the reference version, at least in our temperature testing segment"

Temp.gif

I don't consider 69C "clearly superior" to 69.2C, 69.6C ,69.6C, appreciating it is overclocked opposed to the reference results I just listed. Seems like "slightly better" is perhaps better terminology. Compared to the after market coolers this is very poor and a tad disappointing. I admit I transposed a few results thinking it was 69.6.

The disadvantage, of course, is that it's from a brand called Palit. Has anyone even heard of them before?

Also, I thought that Gigabyte with the custom cooler and 3-stage power circuitry was out or due out soon. I would've thought that it would be worthy of this review.

Hardware Zone is a Singapore site, so I guess people on the other side of the globe have heard of Palit.

Back