100% Bad according to CrystalDiskInfo

unreal89

Limp Gawd
I have 2 64GB MicroCenter SSD's in raid 0. I haven't had problems running them. Why does CrystalDiskInfo say 100% bad? I ran the same configuration yesterday (older firmware, same OS) and it was fine. Today I updated the firmware, and now it says bad after a clean and trouble free Window 8 install.

wha-1.png

Any ideas?

Thanks

That's what I was thinking too. I tried to run SSDLife to see what it says, and that program doesn't work. It just crashes instantly, no GUI nothing.

Are there other programs to check the SSD health (free)?

I would not worry about it. No program will alert you of a firmware bug that will happen in the future or when the SSD controller will fail. These are the most likely reasons for failure in current SSDs not the flash wearing out.

Does CyrstalDiskInfo have an update? Sometimes reads an error for a few days to a week based upon the new firmware for the SSD's had a problem with a single drive for about a week until they put out a new version of CDI.

With a number of private-label SSD's, the smart locations and values for their particular codebase are probably not know by CDI, so it just pops up what it sees where it expects to find it, regardless of the validity.

Back