100 beethoven songs for $2, oh and Purple Rain for the same

As someone noted in the amazon comments section, the Beethoven collection is mostly "best of" and pieces of songs, many of them aren't actually complete works.

As someone noted in the amazon comments section, the Beethoven collection is mostly "best of" and pieces of songs, many of them aren't actually complete works.

A good sampler I guess, but pretty much useless for someone building a library.

Still, at the price it's hard to complain :)

Classical MP3s... Ugh. Gotta stick with FLAC, APE, DTS and AC3 to make it worthwhile.

A number of similar $2 album deals were posted a while back, are these being centrally listed anywhere or is it just luck in finding them?

Classical MP3s... Ugh. Gotta stick with FLAC, APE, DTS and AC3 to make it worthwhile.

So true. Also, Beethoven's works being referred to as "songs" in this case is just wrong.

Is it just me or does the 3rd track 'Piano Sonata no. 14' sound terrible. Like the encoder they used was wrong. It seems like the piano sounds 'grainy' don't know how else to describe it. I really wonder what the original sounds like so I could compare. I didn't think my ears were good enough to hear the difference between 256kb mp3 and cd, but this just might take the cake. Does anyone else hear this?

Is it just me or does the 3rd track 'Piano Sonata no. 14' sound terrible. Like the encoder they used was wrong. It seems like the piano sounds 'grainy' don't know how else to describe it. I really wonder what the original sounds like so I could compare. I didn't think my ears were good enough to hear the difference between 256kb mp3 and cd, but this just might take the cake. Does anyone else hear this?

Give the guy a break. Everyone knows late 18th early 19th century digital encoders were very primitive and prone to grainy piano sounds. Unfortunately, it wasn't until the mid 19th century when oversampling was introduced and widely adopted. Poor LvB was taking a long dirt nap by this point, so no one will ever know the full potential of his art...

Not I..... sounds like a piano in a concert hall to me.

Thanks, OP. I'm glad I didn't miss out on this one. Downloading right now. I don't like Beethoven as much as many of the other classical artists, but it's a great resource to have with my music classes at school.

I don't mind if they are incomplete theres a lot to listen to here, and this classical music is perfect for a productive working enviorment.

Choices...choices....

Public domain classical or....Prince?

prince_symbol596.jpg

:p

Thanks OP. I like to use classical music as a background when I study, this is perfect :).

Back