1066 vs 800

Remember 800 is the JEDEC standard so you are technically overclocking to get to 1066.

Are you going to be OCing alot? If you're gonna run stock or do a little OC, get the Corsair for sure. It's cheaper and they are a good brand.

but if both are the same price. which they are where im buying them, which would u go for?

i will be using it with a E6420, and wanna get it to E6600, or E6700 speeds

I would go with the OCZ, good stuff.

But both are very good, and there reps from each company that check these forums too, which is nice.

Oh, well if they are the same price wherever your buying them, definitely get the OCZ. They are basically equivalent in terms of quality, but the OCZ is faster.

but if both are the same price. which they are where im buying them, which would u go for?

i will be using it with a E6420, and wanna get it to E6600, or E6700 speeds

either kit will get you past there easily, provided the cpu can actually hit those speeds (i'd be surprised if it didn't though)

just remember it this way.. the lowest memory ratio you have is 1:1. thus the highest fsb you can do before overclocking the memory is the same as the ram speed. in this case, 400mhz for the corsair, 533mhz for the ocz. with the 8x multi the 6420 has... that's probably way more mhz than you were aiming for

What if you buy an e4300? :D
And where can you buy these RAMs at the same price?

Get OCZ 8500 Reapers
they are the best ram sticks ive ever own
and they overclock like nothing ive seen before
iam running 1101 mhz at 2.1v stable
these things go lik 1200mhz and they are very fast chips very speedy
you can check out some reviews on them and see benchmarks.
I think its crazy this doesn't need alot of volts to oc
don't give it anything 2.3v or more

if you wanted to run them at 800mhz you could probably do a 3-3-3-8 timings or something they are very fast
also if you ever have probably with the ram like lets say one sticks die
ocz has a better support warranty
these guys shipped me new 2gig kit overnight fedex with saturday delivery !!!!!
now who the hell does that ?

What if you buy an e4300? :D
And where can you buy these RAMs at the same price?

Its a german shop that delivers to Ireland, where i am.
The OCZ are actually cheaper. Its some kinda sale or something, but all their 1066s are really good value.

Back