1070 GTX in Corsair 900D

Brando457

[H]ard|Gawd
I just received my EVGA 1070 GTX FTW, I installed it in my Corsair 900D

Only issue is I CANNOT secure the thumb screws to screw the card in, the hole is between the bracket and I cannot fit my fingers/the screw in to secure it.

Anyone have any ideas / solutions to this? Right now I have the card in there and plugged in, but I'm concerned it isn't secure.

20160720_171031.jpg

6ADTw

Note I put the tape there just to hold the bottom pci cover in place since I cannot screw that in either with the card in the way.

Get a phillips screw driver? The screwdriver should be magnetic and the screw should stick to the screwdriver while you are moving into the case. Put your case on its side if you are having issues installing in the vertical orientation. Lmao.

The bracket blocks a screwdriver from being able to fit...also the thumbscrew will not fit between the cooler and pci slot.

I googled and it seems to be a common issue for this case, but no solutions.

Hey man, I ran into a similar issue with my Corsair 350d and I was able to get the screw in by pushing in on the back of the case, on the rear adjacent to the screw. This allowed the hole to line up and screw it in.

Seems to be my case because it the same problem with three other cards over the last few years.

The only solution is to find a screw with a smaller head. Its an issue and there is no workaround unless you are interested in cutting that card down a little bitty poo.

Hey man, I ran into a similar issue with my Corsair 350d and I was able to get the screw in by pushing in on the back of the case, on the rear adjacent to the screw. This allowed the hole to line up and screw it in.

Seems to be my case because it the same problem with three other cards over the last few years.

This is what I have done in the past with my 900D. The 900D should come with a special right angled screw driver made especially for this case. I know mine did.

Case screws are 6/32 thread, just buy screws with a smaller head that are still enough to clamp down on the card bracket. You quite likely may already have some of these that came with a case for motherboard stand offs.

This is what I have done in the past with my 900D. The 900D should come with a special right angled screw driver made especially for this case. I know mine did.

I'll have to check, it's been almost 4 years since I put a new card in the case :x.

^this is the solution.. screw it from the back of the case, everything will be fine, it's a somewhat common issue with some cases that use that kind of secure mounting for GPUs..

^this is the solution.. screw it from the back of the case, everything will be fine, it's a somewhat common issue with some cases that use that kind of secure mounting for GPUs..

Just to make sure I understand you mean put the thumb screw on the outside of the case through the hole rather then internally?

Last edited:
Just to make sure I understand you mean put the thumb screw on the outside of the case through the whole rather then internally?

yes, it will add enough support for the lower GPU bracket hole to prevent bending, also you can use a small nut screw from inside and the thumbscew from the back so everything keep tight.. you can also try using a ordinary HDD screw as they are headflat and fit perfectly..

I always just twist and bend until things line up. I also get the screw started with a phillips bit without a handle attached. I have some longer ones that I'm able to get just enough torque on to get the screw started, but not fully seated.

In close to twenty years of building PCs I've never had a case that didn't take some fiddling with to install expansion cards.

Anyone who designs a case with a support blocking access to the expansion slot screws needs to be pulled out of engineering and put on phone support.

I always just twist and bend until things line up. I also get the screw started with a phillips bit without a handle attached. I have some longer ones that I'm able to get just enough torque on to get the screw started, but not fully seated.

In close to twenty years of building PCs I've never had a case that didn't take some fiddling with to install expansion cards.

Anyone who designs a case with a support blocking access to the expansion slot screws needs to be pulled out of engineering and put on phone support.

The support blocking the expansion slots on top of the fancy side bracket of the graphics card make it nearly impossible to fit my fingers or a screwdriver there.

I am going to pickup a flex bit and see if that works, otherwise I'm just going to do it from the outside as Araxie suggested.

I just received my EVGA 1070 GTX FTW, I installed it in my Corsair 900D

Only issue is I CANNOT secure the thumb screws to screw the card in, the hole is between the bracket and I cannot fit my fingers/the screw in to secure it.

Anyone have any ideas / solutions to this? Right now I have the card in there and plugged in, but I'm concerned it isn't secure.
6ADTw

I have the same card. You know that they (cards) have some give in them right? From what I'm seeing it looks like you can lift the cards a bit align to the holes and just screw it in. You must have some really big hands! Mine are average and I was able to easily secure the cards.

Those extra tall cards make things tricky. Had to push the back of my case and tighten by hand, then get a long screw driver and tighten down.

Those extra tall cards make things tricky. Had to push the back of my case and tighten by hand, then get a long screw driver and tighten down.

Yeah it is a big downfall of the case. Changing graphics cards is a bit of a pain. Other than that, I love the 900D.

Back