1100 bucks to build a gaming rig.

Deathjester

Limp Gawd
Alright, so, I've got $1,100 to build a new gaming rig. I need help figuring out what would perform best in that price range. I know I want a 6800GT so if you could incorporate that in your list, that would be great.

Thanks - DJ

By the way, I already have a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Instead of being lazy, how about you actually do a little bit of research. At the least, look at the reviews of products at newegg.. or if you're REALLY going to get into this whole computer scene, how about looking at some of the reviews at, say... hardocp.com?

There are TONS of requests like these, why not use that little search button at the top, or mabey just look at the front page. The internet is a huge resource, use that instead of the over-generous guys here.

nick_sabatino said:
Instead of being lazy, how about you actually do a little bit of research. At the least, look at the reviews of products at newegg.. or if you're REALLY going to get into this whole computer scene, how about looking at some of the reviews at, say... hardocp.com?

There are TONS of requests like these, why not use that little search button at the top, or mabey just look at the front page. The internet is a huge resource, use that instead of the over-generous guys here.
Actually, I have put in quite a bit of research, I'm just asking for some other opinions.

6800gt $400
WD 160gb 7200rpm sata $ 99
Antec SX630II case $ 65
Asus K8N mobo $ 86
AMD Athlon 3000+ $146
Corsair XMS 512mb $103
Liteon 1633S DVDRW $ 62
Windows XP Home $ 84
2 80mm Case Fans $ 18

$1063

Back