115GB OCZ Vertex 2 for 43 after 10% off and MIR (could be a good photoshop swap disk)

geekcomputing

[H]ard|Gawd
Yes I know its older tech and yes its not the best drive but to its defense i did own 2x of the 1st generations Vertex 2's and i never had any problems. This is a 2nd generation.

That being said, 115 gigs for 43 bucks after MIR is not bad. That is .37 cents a gig.

Personally i might go w/ an Agility 3 or something but im just throwing it out.
It is dirt cheap and might be good for a photoshop swap disk or just for someone on a very tight budget.

Newegg has 115GB OCZ Vertex 2.5" SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD OCZSSD2-2VTXE120G) for $69.99 - 10% with promo code HARDOCPX822A - 20$ mail-rebate = $43 + free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16820227551

Last edited:
Awesome deal. Even an older ssd like this is crazily fast and the price is great.

That being said, 115 gigs for 43 bucks shipped is not bad. Thats .37 cents a gig.

[...]

Newegg has 115GB OCZ Vertex 2.5" SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD OCZSSD2-2VTXE120G) for $69.99 - 10% with promo code HARDOCPX822A - 20$ mail-rebate = $43 + free shipping.

Its $63 shipped. You don't include a mail-in rebate in a "shipped" price.

/nitpick

My title says 43 shipped after 10% off and MIR

The title is pretty clear. A reader should be able to figure out that the final price they will pay after the MIR and 10% is 43 bucks.

Last edited:
My title says 43 shipped after 10% off and MIR

Its still not $43 shipped. Does the MIR happen before or at the point of shipping? Then it is NOT a shipped price, no matter how you word it.

Final price? Price after rebate? Sure. But it does not meet the qualifications to be a "shipped" price. Am I nitpicking? Definitely. I made that clear in my last post. But no matter how you cut it, shipped prices and MIRs are mutually exclusive.

Its still not $43 shipped. Does the MIR happen before or at the point of shipping? Then it is NOT a shipped price, no matter how you word it.

Final price? Price after rebate? Sure. But it does not meet the qualifications to be a "shipped" price. Am I nitpicking? Definitely. I made that clear in my last post. But no matter how you cut it, shipped prices and MIRs are mutually exclusive.

The cost of receiving this item shipped to your door including the price of shipping is $43, after accounting for a 10% discount and a $20 rebate. ;)

The cost of receiving this item shipped to your door including the price of shipping is $43, after accounting for a 10% discount and a $20 rebate. ;)

Because we all know you always get mail in rebates, right? And {more importantly in my opinion) that you get them in a timely fashion.

Seriously, either that drive is going to be slightly more expensive because you pay for the rush processing on the rebate, or you end up waiting three months for the rebate. Meanwhile your account is $20 short of where a truly $43 drive would put it.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong I'm not saying don't state there's a MIR attached to the drive; the fact that it has a rebate attached is valuable information. What I'm debating here is the term "shipped" and its unspoken nuances.

Last edited:
I'm in for one even if the rebate doesn't happen....seriously, great drive for the kids' laptop

The IGP (Internet Grammar Police) by instructions from the Dear Leader have forced my hand. The error is corrected.

so...friggin...tempting.

Don't even care about SATAII because this would be for my 775 rig and her failing HDD :)

bah OOS

Because we all know you always get mail in rebates, right? And {more importantly in my opinion) that you get them in a timely fashion.

Seriously, either that drive is going to be slightly more expensive because you pay for the rush processing on the rebate, or you end up waiting three months for the rebate. Meanwhile your account is $20 short of where a truly $43 drive would put it.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong I'm not saying don't state there's a MIR attached to the drive; the fact that it has a rebate attached is valuable information. What I'm debating here is the term "shipped" and its unspoken nuances.

There's also tax associated with making a purchase that has MIR included, I mean it's small when its a $20 rebate but sometimes you get a $70 rebate.

People, it says *AFTER MIR* in the title. Go nitpick on something more important? :rolleyes:

I snagged a pair yesterday. Almost forgot the 2.6% CB. Knocked like a buck-fitty off each drive.

In for the RMA. :(

These drives are horrible. Have your RMA forms handy.

I see someone got alarmed and scrambled an entire grammar Panzer division :D

Just got the drives in today. They were just the drive, no 2.5" to 3.5" adapter per the pictures on the website. Not exactly happy, was assuming those came with it. Guess they (Newegg) won't do anything about that huh?

Just got the drives in today. They were just the drive, no 2.5" to 3.5" adapter per the pictures on the website. Not exactly happy, was assuming those came with it. Guess they (Newegg) won't do anything about that huh?

what do you need those for anyways? just use tape.

what do you need those for anyways? just use tape.

I prefer a more professional, classy, proper install. I have a friend with a few leftover adapters that I'll just five-finger discount from his parts drawer. I'm in a cranky mood with storm upon us anyways LOL. :D

Back