$120 21" NEC monitors + more from these wholesalers

kingj

Limp Gawd
I saw this ad on craigslist about this company that sold refurbished computers and parts for pretty cheap - www.grabmypc.com. I gave them a call and they gave me some pretty cheap prices which included an NEC FP1350x 21" flat CRT monitor for $120 (wtf?! :eek: ). They said it was this cheap because it's refurbished from an office so that kind of made me think twice before wanting to buy from them... wasn't in the mood to buy a broken monitor :mad: Anyways i decided to go to their office myself and the guy took me to the back where it was just loaded with all these notebooks/desktops/monitors/printers/etc. I took a look at the monitors and what do you know! They were all in like new condition, white.. no burns.. no scratches/marks.. nothing.. i would have been completely fooled if they threw it in a new NEC box. Anyways i thought they might have been broken but they let me test it on-site and it worked perfectly. I've had this baby for a couple of weeks now and it still works perfectly, totally got a good steal and wanted to let you guys know about it as well. Some other stuff they had were pentium 3 733 mhz complete systems for 100 bucks (good for office use?), compaq armada m700 1 ghz laptops for 450, and a bunch of other crap like dvd drives/burners.. christ it was just a big warehouse with piles of stuff lying around. What sucks about these guys is that they sell everything "as is", no return policys whatsoever, but they do let you test everything on site and make sure you're satisfied before purchasing.. but another con is that their warehouse is **ridiculously messy**, like a pile of desktops in one corner, then a bunch of pallets of monitors somewhere else, they really gotta organize their stuff.

But yea just thought I'd share with you my experience with these guys, definetely a hot deal if you don't mind purchasing refurbished stuff

-KINGj

Probably should mention that these guys are in Southern California (specifically Laguna Hills in Orange County). An hour drive for me, but if I'm going down there some weekend I'll check them out.

Chalk it up to skepticism, but this smells a lot like spam... I apologise in advance if I'm wrong, but I've seen every trick in the book to advertise companies on the net.

PsyKo[H] said:
Chalk it up to skepticism, but this smells a lot like spam... I apologise in advance if I'm wrong, but I've seen every trick in the book to advertise companies on the net.

I guess in the sense i'm advertising these guys in that i had a positive experience with them, but i'm not making any money from them, just like everyone else on these boards i'm sharing the hot deal i got. I've always read through these forrums for the past 6 months but never seem to have found a hot deal worth registering for (i'm sure i'm not alone), so now i have and wish to give back to these boards what they've already done for me- while at the same time warning that this company does have major cons: no warranty and a messy warehouse which could give you an idea of how they treat their equipment- just be cautious with what you buy from them and i guess you're good.

-KINGj

they do shipping as well, just make sure they tell you how much they charge for s&h, i could only imagine how bad s&h would be for a heavy 21" :p

Back