12v pulsing

ShadowDragon

Limp Gawd
I'm good with a soldering iron, not so good with figuring some things out such as this...

I would like to take a 12v power source, and use a switch for on, off, and pulse. The pulsing would be two quick throbs and then a pause, like a slow heartbeat. Anyone have any ideas how to pull this off?

Controlling CCFL's. Would that be simpler than an RS232 out and some software?

Nice rig setup btw. ;)

Controlling CCFL's. Would that be simpler than an RS232 out and some software?

Nice rig setup btw. ;)

Thanks, looks like your getting a better OC although i'm not trying to push mine :)

Short answer, NO, It will be more kinda off/on type deal unless there was a larger charging cap inline to let it die off slow then charge. I dunno what software can be hooked up through the serial to do what your wanting to do, but sure someone has probably already done it, just have to find who.

The pulsing would be two quick throbs and then a pause, like a slow heartbeat. Anyone have any ideas how to pull this off?
http://www.cpemma.co.uk/blink.html
blink_a.gif

The 4060B will give you the throb pattern, but you'll need to modify the output to switch your CCFL. Easy way is to swap the LED (or the diode) for the LED in an opto-isolator, with the opto switching a 1A+ NPN power transistor. As below with a slightly more powerful transistor and lower value base resistor R1 to suit. Ignore mobo header, it's a repeater for HD Activity.

optobooster.gif

R1 =470R and Q1 = BD139 might be OK, or if you want to control a few tubes use an n-channel MOSFET.

optoboost_mosfet.gif

Back